First E-cig DSE901 charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donraj00

Apr 18, 2009
Seattle/WA area
Ok I read the manual that says it should charge for a full 8 hours before I use it the first time. If it goes green, and I keep on letting it charge for the full 8 hours, will it overcharge? I want to take care of my battery and not sure what to do for the first charge. I took one inhale and the light blinked 10 times so I knew it needed a charge.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Ok I read the manual that says it should charge for a full 8 hours before I use it the first time. If it goes green, and I keep on letting it charge for the full 8 hours, will it overcharge? I want to take care of my battery and not sure what to do for the first charge. I took one inhale and the light blinked 10 times so I knew it needed a charge.

I was wondering this also. I plugged my new 901 in this a.m. and within half an hour the light was green. I left it plugged in and went to work so hopefully, it didn't hurt anything....

Ann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Virginia
it's impossible to overcharge the lith-ion batteries with the charger that comes with them.
once the charger is green it's charged that's it. whether it takes 20 minutes or 2 hours,the
charger stops when it needs to....... even on the initial charge ;)

it won't hurt if you leave one on overnight either.

I've heard that it's not a good idea to leave a charger unattended or be asleep while it's charging.:confused:

jrhorn424

Apr 18, 2009
VA
I'm wondering if the technology for e-cig batteries is that different from laptop batteries. The reason I bring this up is because my Macbook has battery diagnostics in the System Info dialog. It says the battery still has 100% of its original capacity and has only had 200 charge cycles in the last year. These things are supposed to last for 1000s of charge cycles.

The real clincher is that if you leave the laptop plugged in all the time, it will never use a full charge cycle. It just trickles enough power to keep the battery topped off.

I don't know if e-cig chargers are that smart, and I know they survive fewer cycles. But, if they do behave like that, leaving one plugged in overnight won't hurt it. Charging it when its nearly fully charged shouldn't do anything either.

TheKingOfKool

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Pennsylvania State
i just ordered a TW 901 and got it on the 20th so its been a few days. mine came pretty much charged. i only put it in the charger for 10 minutes before it turned green. it blinked 10 times after my first few puffs too thats just from over use even though you might not be over using it. it will blink 20 times when it need recharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread