First hit is weak on my SmokTech carto. Is this common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I recently bought myself an IBTanked carto tank and I've become a huge fan. So much so that I ordered three more IBTanks three days after I received the first one. Pictures are always nice so I've included one below.

Anyway, I'm using a SmokTech 2.0 ohm 2 hole punched standard sized carto and whenever I leave my device sitting idle for about 10 minutes or more and then take a vape the first hit is always weak. It produces little vapor and little flavor on that first hit. Consecutive hits are excellent. It's just that first hit.

I'm guessing that the coil inside the carto has cooled off and it needs time to get warmed back up again but I'm not really sure about that. I know (or at least I think I know) that it's the carto itself and it has nothing to do with the tank.

This is something I can live with but I'm wondering if there's a "trick" to preventing this.

Is this a common thing with cartos? Is there something I can do to make that first hit as good as the rest?

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
That seemed to have worked. I'll let it sit for awhile again and try it next time too.

I'm very new to carto tanks. I have a tendency to take 8 or 10 vapes per session and then set it aside for 15 minutes or so. I might be doing the primer puff thing 3 - 5 times per hour. Is there a risk of flooding the carto if I do this too much?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That seemed to have worked. I'll let it sit for awhile again and try it next time too.

I'm very new to carto tanks. I have a tendency to take 8 or 10 vapes per session and then set it aside for 15 minutes or so. I might be doing the primer puff thing 3 - 5 times per hour. Is there a risk of flooding the carto if I do this too much?

I usually don't have to do primer puffs at all once I've done a couple initially after setting up a brand new cartotank setup. But this depends upon several factors: the density of the polyfill (carto brand), viscosity (thickness) of the juice, number/size of the holes in the carto, and your particular vaping habits. The majority of my e-liquids are a 50/50 pg/vg ratio. My cartos are small laser-drilled (2 hole) pre-punched.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I usually don't have to do primer puffs at all once I've done a couple initially after setting up a brand new cartotank setup. But this depends upon several factors: the density of the polyfill (carto brand), viscosity (thickness) of the juice, number/size of the holes in the carto, and your particular vaping habits. The majority of my e-liquids are a 50/50 pg/vg ratio. My cartos are small laser-drilled (2 hole) pre-punched.

OK, thanks. I've been playing around with it a bit. Taking primer puffs and not taking primer puffs. I think I've gotten it to the point where it will give a good vape on the first hit consistently without a primer puff. So far so good anyway.

Thanks so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread