First mech: You Chi clone, Magneto, or K100/101?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Hey guys, I was dead set on buying myself a Chi You clone, but it looks like aka is either done selling them, or out. The only one I can find here in the states is over 90 bucks with tax! I can go down the street to a local shop and buy a Magneto or K100/101 KIT for less than that price..

What do you guys think?

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
From what I have read/heard, the Chi You clone really differs in quality from the different manufacturers. My advice is to read reviews of people that actually know what they are talking about.

I actually really like my Magneto and I bought the old version without the adjustable pin. The K100/101 has also been well received in the reviews I have read.

My biggest concern is are you knowledgeable in terms of battery/mod safety? If not, I would read up before taking the plunge and buying your first mod.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Wait for the V2 Magneto with adjustable pin, and/or just buy a k100/101 from Fasttech for ~$28.

Oddly enough, I talked to a guy I know that works at the local shop and he said their Magneto has the adj pin. If I remember right it had the logo, but either I am wrong, or he's mixed up...

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
I have bought something I like more now(VV/VW), but I will continue to use my K101. I keep my "sweet" juice on it as the juice, with a 18650, works perfectly as is. Of course I use a protection chip in the K101, it came with it at the place I purchased mine.

Nice Avatar!! Got a Fox body also

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I love the magneto ! Verry low voltage drop and its built like a friggin tank
Also if you want an adjustable 510 but get the magneto that does not have it .... The delrin plug and adjustable positive screw from the natural will fit right in but needs to be cut in half .
Mine has the original positive plastic plate and button pushed out and I screwed in the naturals 510 positive post after cutting it In half with a dremal
Works like a charm although everything worked fine without that mod it's nice to be able to flush mount Rbas and rdas that do not have adjustable posts

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Seems like a good mixture between the Mag/Clone and even a couple k100/101 fans.

I really do like that damn Chi clone, but need to find it here in the states for less that $90. Even though it has great reviews, that is just simply too much for any clone (imo). If I cannot find one in the next day or so, i'll probably go with the magneto. I am a noob, but from the sounds of it, I should definitely only order the one with the floating pin. Like I said, the guy at my local shop said theirs has the floating pin, but I am a bit skeptical as it does have the actual SMOK logo on it. The other downside is they seem to skimp on stuff. Like when I got my IGO-W, all it came with was the head and platform with the 3 posts. Not even in a baggie, let alone any spair parts. I will probably just order online from Triangle, or keep searching for my Chi clone for a decent price (here in the states).

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Where can you purchase the Magneto clone at? What's the advantage of the floating pin? [sorry for noob questions]

I do not believe there is a 'Magneto Clone'. It's SmokTech's own device with a magnetic firing button rather than spring loaded. I am a noob myself, but from my understanding the floating pin helps with getting all att's flush on the top of the device. You are able to adjust it up or down to make sure the atty/carto is flat on top of the device.

You can get the Magneto at a few online vendors, TriangleVape seems to be the most popular/economical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread