• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Alright, let's start talking about our first meet.

So, anybody know of a place to vape? We could always look into places that allow smoking on the patio, if need be. Nothing like kicking it in the hot AZ evenings under a mister and chit chatting.

I think we should find a halfway point...maybe some place in downtown Phoenix, near that artsy fartsy area...or by the courthouse. Then again, we could be mugged in that area....

Hmm, let's get the ideas out..and see what we can all come up with. I suggest we give at least 2 weeks after we determine a date. It's a quarter end month for most of us so I assume we'll all get busy soon...

Oh wait...the Fourth of July is coming up! Maybe we should hit something the Friday night before (July 3)?

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
My wife and I go to Steve's Grill when we see a show. they have a great patio with entertainment. Great for people watching, lotsa freaks down there:D
139 E. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
I don't think anyone lets you smoke, but we won't be smoking, right????

I do know that Chile's lets you smoke on their patios. So, I can imagine that would be a good place as well. That way, we don't have to get into any arguments. I would rather see 15 of us sitting around, smoking these metallic things, and make people be like "Dude, what the heck is that" rather than "Dude, you're not allowed to smoke here. I don't care if it's not smoking..etc etc".

Basically, I think our first meet should be geared towards getting to know each other and building a rapport...that way, when it does come down to us having to beat people up, we'll have enough respect for each other that we'll cover each other's back. ;)

SS109

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Marana, AZ - USA
May I suggest that someone actually approaches the management of any suggested establishment and get their approval prior to us just showing up? This way we can get approval for the use of our little devices beforehand and they can be prepared for the number of people that will be attending.

BTW, I do this every month with another group and they always like to know how many are coming. This way they can have the proper # of people to serve our group which is normally 25+ people!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
LOL Dis and AngelV. Now I know that if Dis is giving someone crap, we all better high tail it out of there, :shock: since you two are going to be worthless. Don't worry... Hellen will be there! (I'd just knock someone out by wacking them with my 50lb purse packed with all my vaping gear since I can't run in high heels) :p

Good idea SS... Nothing worse than having overworked wait staff when you want a beer, LOL. We probably will have 15-25 (2 un-members can't join the VIP forum right now because they are suppliers would come and so far there are 18 signed up). Hopefully, ECF Admin. will allow them to join here.

The only place I can think of where we'll be guaranteed to be able to smoke is outdoors at a Hookah bar. Arizona state law prohibits smoking inside any business or bar but hookah lounges are excepted. Cigarette smoking is usually not allowed inside hookah bars.

The Red Sea sounded best to me. Bar next door... get a beer and bring it to the Hookah outdoor area (it is allowed), food served outside (and we can vape/smoke). Not too upscale (these I listed are very casual, there are others but they seemed more formal with ethnic dining, etc.). Here are the the reviews that I found on line:

Red Sea Cafe
827 S. Rural Rd. Tempe, AZ 85281 480-966-2401
Review: Nice place, nice furniture, clean hookahs with screens and not foil, attentive staff, table games. Excellent pub food from next door is served, but no dining tables are in the hookah lounge. You pretty much eat off your lap or set your food on a low table or folding tray provided. Coffees, teas and other drinks also served, but no liquor. In a town that bans indoor cigarette smoking in public places, you may smoke here. Splash brand maassell (50g) sold to go as well as replacement parts for your hookah. Variable availability on flavors, but when they have them all, it's an impressive selection. Prices: $6.00 per bowl, $2.00 cover. Sunday Special: $3.00 cover, $3.00 bowls! A LITTLE-KNOWN SECRET: Arrive between 4pm and at least 15 mins before 8pm on a weekday. They have a happy hour special that coincides with the Devil House, the bar next door. Hookahs are only $5.00 if you get a pint next door for $2.00! (I think I'm the only one who knows.) You can't bring the beer into the hookah lounge, and you can't bring the hookah into the bar because of the Tempe smoking ordinance, so enjoy BOTH on the patio! A white peach hookah and a pint or two on the patio can't be beat! Pay and tip the outdoor bar server with the NEW DOLLAR COINS for a lark. Website Hookahs Hookah Smoke: Red Sea, Inc. Offering Hookahs & Red Sea Hookah Lounge & Red Sea Hookah Cafe

And a couple of other contenders:

Trick Shot Billiards and Hookah
3510 E. Bell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85032 (602)788-7665
This is a new pool hall that also serves hookah! Very relaxed atmosphere, it is casual and friendly. Has 11 pool tables, snacky type foods like pizza poppers and mozerella sticks, plus video games and air hockey. Music is a jukebox or whatever the owner is playing in his system if the jukebox is not going. TVs to watch sports, and a small lounge if hookah is your only interest. Nice new hookahs, and a large variety of tobacco to smoke, but none to buy as of yet.

Silver Q Billiards
6670 W. Cactus Road, Glendale, AZ 85304 Phone 623-776-2266
Hours: 3 p.m.- 2 a.m. M-Thursday and on Sundays 3 p.m.- 4 a.m. on Friday and Saturdays.
Havana brand masell is served for $9.00 per bowl, mixed flavors at no additional cost. For those who haven't had Havana brand, it's much better and smoother than Al Waha or Nakhla, and about 75% of Al Fakher quality, with great flavors of the brand. Pool tables as well of course, and TVs and music galore with an internet jukebox. Food available as well. Hookahs and masell are for sale here.

I've never been to one, never smoked hookah. Anybody? I wouldn't mind smoking a legal :rolleyes: bowl, lol. At least we can get a beer next door and bring it over at Red Sea... nobody should say spit... if you smoke, you can light one up too.
v.

LadyBren

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Payson AZ
Hello all
Just wanted to say "Hey" I'm a newbie here (this being my first post) Just started about 2 weeks ago on my 510 and it's going pretty dog gone good so far. I was still giving myself 3 real cigs a day cause I figured I'd be a mess at work if I didn't :-{ but this morning after looking forward to my one of three, I lit up and crap.... I didn't like it at all or should I say yeah... I didn't like it at all :) It was kinda strange, I need to quite but then again it's like saying good-bye to an old friend that has been there through it all.
Strange isn't it?? Well anyway back to the subject, I live up in Payson but would come down the mountain for a get together, sounds fun!! Just wanted to introduce myself and join in :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Welcome LadyBren! I'm glad you joined VIP!

I think most of us have been there with saying goodbye to our cigs (I found it to be like getting rid of an ex. You have a few booty calls out of nostalgia, and then say to yourself "Why did I do that?! It was WORSE than I remembered." LOL

We all look forward to getting to meet you.
Vicky

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I prefer this one...

Trick Shot Billiards and Hookah
3510 E. Bell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85032 (602)788-7665
This is a new pool hall that also serves hookah! Very relaxed atmosphere, it is casual and friendly. Has 11 pool tables, snacky type foods like pizza poppers and mozerella sticks, plus video games and air hockey. Music is a jukebox or whatever the owner is playing in his system if the jukebox is not going. TVs to watch sports, and a small lounge if hookah is your only interest. Nice new hookahs, and a large variety of tobacco to smoke, but none to buy as of yet.

The location is right off the 51 N and is close to the 101. It's a pretty far drive for Chandler folks though.

I like it for a couple reasons.

1. It's near my home. (I drive home from Chandler every day though.)
2. The pizza poppers and mozarella sticks. :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Guys, I just got off the phone with RadioKaos (Jerry) and he's going to swing by Trick Shots to check it out to make sure we can vape in there (it would piss me off to have to go in the parking lot for a nic fit). Plan B would be the place in Tempe. Yah, I know, I'm not too happy about the drive either... Could be worse, you could live in Tucson {grin, waving at Tucson VIPers}

I'll update you when I hear back.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Guys, I just got off the phone with RadioKaos (Jerry) and he's going to swing by Trick Shots to check it out to make sure we can vape in there (it would piss me off to have to go in the parking lot for a nic fit). Plan B would be the place in Tempe. Yah, I know, I'm not too happy about the drive either... Could be worse, you could live in Tucson {grin, waving at Tucson VIPers}

I'll update you when I hear back.

Sounds like there's a plan. Excellent. Thanks for all the effort Hellen and Jerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread