First order mostly full of awesome and win, with just a minor touch of fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
I ordered from Eastmall for the first time and this is my review of the service and the products I ordered.

Pretty amazing turn around time for shipping. Made the order on Friday the 17th, Package arrived on Wednesday the 22nd. This was exactly what I was hoping for shipping and service wise and reflected what I read about on these forums.

Order contained a JOYE-510 Blue Coloured PCC and a 7x20ml 18mg sampler with Cherry, Litchi, Apple, RY4, Menthol, Vanilla and Clove.

First off, the Cherry is downright amazing. It produces by far the most vapor out of all of the flavours I ordered. It also has a very plesant flavour with no bad aftertaste at all. Reminds me of the Cherry flavouring used in lip balms, only sweeter. Which is to say if you like the taste of cherry chapstick when it on your lips, as I apparently do, this is the juice for you.

Litchi (Lychee) also has a fairly plesant flavour, fairly close in taste to actual Lychee which is great. No bad aftertaste. Produces a nice amount of vapor as well and a decent throat. Not as much as the cherry, but close enough. This is a fairly sweet juice, not as sweet as canned Lychee thankfully, but surely sweeter than fresh Lychee.

RY4 was a real treat. Very tasty Carmel with vanilla overtones. Good throat, nice vapor production. Good aftertaste as well. If I were selecting flavours for eCig newcomers this would probably be the juice I'd get.

That covers the flavours I'll surely buy again and recommend out of the selection I received.

Apple is a bit of a conundrum, Apple was also a bit disappointing. I was hoping for something closer to sour apple (granny smith), but it ended up being more like a golden delicious instead. Clearly apple flavour, with good enough throat. Vapor production with this fluid seemed pretty low when I used it as well, but this may be user error. Over all apple wasn't terrible, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

The rest were extremely disappointing and for me close to unusable if not unusable. Explanations and descriptions follow.

Vanilla... I'm really not sure how to take it. It is Vanilla I'm sure, but its more like a vanilla cigar, not cigarette. Extremely harsh as these eCig juices go, not unusable, but not something I'd want to smoke terribly much. Would have been much happier if it had been a straight vanilla flavour instead of a vanilla tobacco flavour.

Menthol reminded me of rubbing peppermint extract all over my tongue and throat. Not a terribly pleasant experience. Out of all of the flavours this is the only one that I took 2 drags off then washed out the cartridge immediately. After smoking menthol for 10 years with analog smokes... maybe I'm just expecting too much. Vapor production was reasonable, throat was extremely heavy due to the reason listed previously.

That leaves Clove. This one is a difficult one as clove oil itself is a topical analgesic. This made my tongue *tingle* which is about the least wanted effect. The flavour was clove-like, but I surely didn't get anything close to smoking a Kretek. Maybe if I dilute this juice with extra Propylene glycol it would be more usable.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Sorry, I totally spaced out on the reviewing of the PCC I purchased.

Just to clarify, I just purchased the JOYE-510 PCC at Eastmall, not the actual JOYE-510 eCig. The PCC works fairly well (now). The slot the actual battery goes in was not very reliable when it comes to actually getting a good contact at first, but I used a piece of folded up paper towel in the lid to force the battery down further. Though after a day or two of doing this the unit seems to have had the kinks worked out and the folded up paper towel is not needed any more. I get a good 2-3 charges off of the unit before it has to be recharged as well.

The storage space in the PCC is somewhat minimal, only 2 cartridge, 1 atomizer (with a cartridge on it) and the battery. The unit is physically slimmer than a pack of analog cigarettes and about as tall as a pack of 100's. I wish they had made it a bit wider, more like a real pack, so that I could store more than one battery in it (even if only one was getting charged) and another atomizer. Also I noticed the atomizer slot has a rubber piece at the bottom presumably to hold the atomizer in the slot so it doesn't easily fall out if inserted threaded side first.

Overall if you have a JOYE-510 (Or any of the re-branded versions of the 510) the PCC is highly recommended if you eSmoke on the go. I gave it a good real world test when I took a day trip to Monterrey. Totally saved me the hassle of having to buy analog cigarettes.

I also had a (mostly) great experience with my first order (with just a touch of fail, too).

I've written (through the contact-us link on their website) to report my problems with my order, so I don't think it would be fair to say anything here until they've had a chance to address my concerns.

Short version is, I'm impressed enough (even before hearing back from them) that I'll likely order from them again and recommend them to others.

titanflyer

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I have personally ordered from Eastmall twice now, and have had nothing but amazing service and received absolutely everything I ordered plus some each time. I love their prices and their products and if the possible ban doesn't affect them, it is my vendor of choice for all my e-cig orders. I still try juice from a couple of other vendors, and to be honest I do like the Totally Wicked juice the best, but 30 dollars for 30 ml is just way too much to pay... sorry TW.

I would absolutely give their products service and support an A if not A+. They have done everything imaginable to make sure their reputation stays at the top of the list as there is an awful lot of vendors out there.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
I'd just like to touch on 2 of your negative juice reviews - I don't like vanilla anything, so I'll leave that alone.

Menthol - I love Eastmall's menthol. I smoked menthols exclusively when I smoked analogs, and the transition to their menthol was very easy. It's my go-to juice. It's definitely more minty than a cigarette, but the menthol "aspect" is definitely there too. I'd be hard pressed to say it feels like rubbing anything on your tongue. If you liked mixing the menthol with the RY4, and like the cherry, I promise that you'll love mixing cherry with menthol (2 or 3 to 1; cherry to menthol).

Clove - I was shocked at how much this tasted like a clove cigarette. I'm also shocked to see that you said it didn't taste like one. I'm wondering if your tongue was tingling because you were getting a tiny bit of juice on your tongue without realizing it. Either way, I think that if you like cloves, clove juice is great.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I'd like to think that Friskya's problem was solved within hours of me being contacted. :)

Hilwayb - what didn't impress you with the contact us page on the site? - I coded it and answer hundreds of emails per week submitted through it but if there's something the page is lacking, please let me know.

Hi Ed,

Please don't take what I said in the wrong way. I have 'sung your praises' all over this forum. I love Eastmall products and I am more than totally satisfied with your service and communication.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the design of the contact page.
Back in May, I was kind of disappointed because I left a message on the form, but never got an answer. I then emailed David directly and he answered quickly. I only suggested for Friskya to email you directly because I get answers from you lightning fast when I do it that way.

I never said you didn't solve problems. You always do so graciously! I admire your dedication.

Please - no hard feelings - I love you guys!:hubba:

I too placed my very first order with EastMall and was highly impressed. I placed the order late on a Thursday evening (maybe early Friday morning) and it was here in Georgia the following Tuesday - although I had to go sign for it at the Post Office because I wasn't home. The contents were just as I'd ordered - nothing missing. The 510 worked strait out of the box but after a few hits I did manage to force myself to charge the batteries as instructed. My PCC works wonderfully - even after being dropped - and I'd highly recommend anyone who vapes away from home to order this item. I also got a sample kit of juice and my absolute favorite of all of them is the Double Mint, Menthol, then Spearmint - in that order. (I smoked Menthol analogs for over 20 years). My least fav of the samples I received was the Tobacco flavor - nothing wrong with it, just isn't something I want to continue tasting after having stopped the analogs. Peach, Cherry, Whiskey, and Clove are all pleasant with a decent throat hit and kiwi, stawberry, and watermelon were a little weak in the flavor dept but then again I have been primarily smoking the strong minty flavors. I have yet to try the pineapple and mango. I'll definately be placing another order and wouldn't hesitate to recommend EastMall to any of my friends or colleagues. Thanks EastMall for making a first time vapers transition from analogs a simple, pleasant one!
~Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread