First rba

Status
Not open for further replies.

rus06

Oct 23, 2013
neosho
Got my rsst a couple days ago. Our local shop only has ribbon wire and silica wick so I haven't really got to play with it that much. Our vapor kings shop opens up in a week and a half or so so I can get more supplies then.

For my first coil in this thing I think I did alright. It was way easier than the vision eternity. I'm at .8 ohms none of my coils glow. The only complaint I have is that I don't think I'm getting the vapor output I should. That could also be because of YouTube videos lol. I think I'm gonna drill out air hole tonight or maybe stick a small file in it. I'm worried about going to big. And I've got some halo freedom juice in the mail I can't wait to try that. I'm getting very tired of the heartland crimson bull I've been smoking for the last 3 months lol.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

pumachkin

Oct 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Consider looking up on how to build with SS mesh. Got some cheap on Ebay and they wick great. You can also dry burn and play around with the coils to make sure that all are heating evenly before adding juice.

The stock air hole makes a huge difference too. At first, the stock hole was a really hard drag and then I drilled with 1/16 drill bit and the flavor was a world of difference. Vapor production increased and the juice really comes to life.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Consider looking up on how to build with SS mesh. Got some cheap on Ebay and they wick great. You can also dry burn and play around with the coils to make sure that all are heating evenly before adding juice.

The stock air hole makes a huge difference too. At first, the stock hole was a really hard drag and then I drilled with 1/16 drill bit and the flavor was a world of difference. Vapor production increased and the juice really comes to life.

Just be careful with going too big on the air hole. Stock is a 1mm, some folks seem to like something in the range of 1.2 - 1.5mm (1/16 is 1.6mm).

Also, placement of the hole in relation to the wick changes the temperature and the flavor profile (for me) - try rotating the cap around as you move up in size to see what you like. I'm actually pretty happy at 1.2mm with the air hole just off to the side a bit, basically if the wick is at 0 degrees, my air hole's at about the 30 degree mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread