first round of newbie questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
so i got setup yesterday and i have some general questions that i probably should have asked at time of purchase but i think i was vaped out from trying too many flavors....

i have what i have figured out is a clearomizer....tank with a coil head that has two wicks hanging off....
are the wicks supposed to look like there is gel/jelly on them?
I poked around a bit and saw some threads about certain juice flavors/brands ruining your gear but i am not really sure what the def of "ruining" is since this is all so new.

how often does the coil head need to be replaced?

i have a stick battery (an egoC twist)...how do i know when it is fully charged? how do i know when i need to charge it?

am i being OCD wanting to have multiple setups? :)

thanks

(hopefully these aren't annoying questions)

Gymnos

Dec 18, 2011
Florida
For your first question, I'm not sure what you mean. The wicks should be somewhat clear due to the ejuice. Acidic and minty juices may possibly crack a clearomizer, but it depends.

As for coil heads on clearomizers, I've used vivi nova heads for several months before replacing the wick/coil. It comes down to dry burning and cleaning the heads. They'll last a while if you take care of them.

I've never owned a twist, but if it's like the older ego models, when you attach it to the charger the light on the charger should change colors meaning it's fully charged. The mod should start cutting out if the battery is low (which is why having more than one of them would be desirable.) Multiple setups are nice. Having a backup in case of failure is pretty much necessary in my experience.

Last edited:

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You can clean clearomizers. Search youtube for videos. When we bought our kits we started with clearomizers as well. Ours are still going after steady use for the last month. Some liquid tastes linger, even after cleaning. From what I read on these forums some acidic liquids can clog clearomizers, atomizers and cartos. There is a list if you search.

Battery- Simply put, it will just stop working when it needs to be charged. You charge it using the charger that came with your battery. It has a light that turns from red to green when its charged.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
For your first question, I'm not sure what you mean. The wicks should be somewhat clear due to the ejuice.

you can't see the wicks on my head...looks like they have juice boogers....rather than being able to see the wick it is a gelatinous hanger on each side of the head. (sounds gross huh? LOL)
thanks for the other answers :)

well some juices (the ones listed in a couple of posts) tend to crack the tank if it is not glass.

as for the battery. is it a manual or automatic? if it's a manual the button will change colors denpeing on how much charge you have left, and charging it should just be like any other ego battery

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/351584-ego-twist-when-charging.html

thanks fire chicken LOL (i had just laughed at your username when i saw it on another thread)

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
you will want back ups for sure.....some (most probably) have backups for their backups. ocd? this is a all ocd group...you are in the right place....welcome.

ok...then i suppose more research/shopping is in order..i thought i would get something done today...*shakes fist lovingly at ECF* LOL

i must say. that is a very interesting (yet disturbing) way of describing the wicks haha. But in all seriousness, the wicks in mine look similar, and that just because of the blend and coloring of my juice. I would definitely suggest cleaning the head before switching flavors otherwise it starts to mix in with others. Found that out when my new coffee and cream juice had a hint of tobacco flavoring to it... but i think i like that mix haha

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
oh you will. "drawing" on an e-cig is totally different http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9-inhalation-technique-ecig-vs-cigarette.html this link helped me get to where i wasn't just coughing after every hit. also, It'll irritate your lungs a bit more because the particles in the vapor are significantly larger than smoke is.

definitely different....
leaving the vapor shop...habit to smoke while driving....i lit up...2 hits and it was distinguished...so i am pretty sure your accidental coffee, cream, tobacco combination will not appeal to me even mentally in a short while LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread