Status
Not open for further replies.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hello- and welcome to my first sale!

If you don't know anything about me, here's my "introduce myself" thread. I've been around for a few years now and think PVs are the best thing since pizza and beer.

Please browse through the holders - you can purchase right from the post, just click the "buy Now" button and you'll be taken to PayPal where you can purchase right now! Remember - we're selling "battery holders" or "wood stands"... you get the idea ;)

You may notice some "hair" or small specs of whitish material on the photos (they're very sharp and hi-rez). These are normal on freshly finished wood that isn't dry enough yet to buff them to remove these anomolies. When they ship, they will be free of extraneous debris.

If the item has sold, it should display a "sold out" button. You can PM me if you would like one. My production process takes about 3 weeks from order to shipment. You can even choose your wood types.

Additionally, I do customs. The last two holders would be good examples of what a custom could be. PM me - I'd love to talk about what you would like. I can send drawings to you to consider.

Plus, I'd love to hear what you would like to see. How about holders just for batteries that incoporates a battery charger? Or, (this one is kinda wild) a holder that has a built in juice bottle chiller? That might take some thought... but would be fun to try! I may have just talked myself into tackling that one. Here I go again...

So, hang out a while, do some window(s) shopping, and thanks for taking a look!

Take care,

Rick Hageman
Absolute-Wood

Last edited:

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
A few words about pricing and exotic woods:

Depending on the rarity and size of the tree, lumber prices for hardwoods are "all over the map". The following represents the difference in price for some more commonly used species compared to Red Oak:

· Purple Heart- about 1.7x the cost of Oak

· Black Walnut- almost 2x the cost of Oak

· African Padauk- 2x the cost of Oak

· Bloodwood- about 2.2x the cost of Oak - not very stable, prone to twisting and warping

· Birdseye Maple- about 2.2x the cost of Oak

· Bubinga- about 2.3x the cost of Oak

· Rosewood- about 4x the cost of Oak – smaller tree, pieces usually not too large

· Wenge- about 4x the cost of Oak

· Zebrawood- about 4x the cost of Oak

· Kingwood- about 7x the cost of Oak

· Ebony- about 10-20x the cost of Oak (depends on species, more than $100 a board foot!)

For comparison, a holder made entirely of high grade Ebony about 12" long could cost over $200; an identical Oak holder could be about $30.

Because of this great cost difference, pricing is a little less than simple – I’ve done my best to keep things from getting too complicated. There will be three price lists, as follows:

Oak Holders:
· 0-6” 20.00 + shipping

· <6”-10” 25.00 + shipping

· <10”-15” 30.00 + shipping

· <15”-18” 35.00 + shipping

· <18”-21” 40.00 + shipping

· Over 21” 1.75/inch @ 1x width + shipping

Walnut Holders:
· 0-6” 25.00 + shipping

· <6”-10” 30.00 + shipping

· <10”-15” 35.00 + shipping

· <15”-18” 40.00 + shipping

· <18”-21” 45.00 + shipping

· Over 21” 2.00/inch @ 1x width + shipping

Most others(laminations, most exotic woods):
· 0-6” 30.00 + shipping

· <6”-10” 35.00 + shipping

· <10”-15” 40.00 + shipping

· <15”-18” 45.00 + shipping

· <18”-21” 50.00 + shipping

· Over 21” 2.25/inch @ 1x width + shipping

What is meant by 1x width is the standard width or front to back depth which is about 1-3/4" (see drawings). A holder that is requested at 2x, 3x width will be 2x or 3x the 1x price. Basically a 3x holder uses the wood for 3 holders and has about as many holes as 3 holders.

There will be a +20% charge to the “Most others” pricing if using Zebrawood, Wenge, or Rosewood. Other woods will be on a quote to quote basis.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail. Most holders at 8” and under are $6.00, and most others are usually $10.00 or less. Custom or larger holders will likely be more.

Extras

Flocking:

Additionally, I offer flocking of holes, slots and bottoms to add extra protection. Flocking is a sprayed-on product which produces a seamless, soft finish similar to felt lining. It’s very durable and doesn’t decrease the size of the opening appreciably. I have bright red and black available. Other colors are available by special order. The smallest hole I can flock is ¾”. All slots can be flocked. All customs and holders over $75 receive free bottom flocking and (2) holes flocked.

$5.00 bottom

$3.00 per hole or slot

$2.00 each if flocking three or more holes or slots, bottom @ 3.00 if flocking three or more holes or slots

Thanks-

Rick Hageman
Absolute-Wood

Last edited:

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
7951758064_b0d5ab8961_c.jpg

Padauk
7927366158_0dc73a8f57_c.jpg