First SS build catches fire on iStick TC100W Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipJapan

Mar 29, 2016
Firstly, Hi all! My first post.

I got a shiny new eleaf istick TC100W and put a .76 ohm SS coil in it. Set the device to SS mode and the temp to 360 degrees F..... BOOM the coil starts up like a lighter. I've been vaping for years but this is my first SS build.

I uploaded a video of it to YouTube but I don't think I can post links yet as I'm new, I've tried to embed it below and we'll see if it works.

Please tell me I'm doing something stupid and I haven't just bought an elaborate lighter!

Another scary thing is that if I let it, it stays on fire for ages!

Reactions: OhTheAgony

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Try turning down your wattage.

You've got it set at 120W. Even in TC mode it's going to initially fire at 120W and takes about a half to full second before the TC kicks in. By that time your wick is already on fire. Back it down to around 30W and if you need to work up from there. With the settings you have right now you're trying to run 9.5V through that little coil. No wonder it's setting the wick on fire.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Firstly, Hi all! My first post.

I got a shiny new Eleaf iStick TC100W and put a .76 ohm SS coil in it. Set the device to SS mode and the temp to 360 degrees F..... BOOM the coil starts up like a lighter. I've been vaping for years but this is my first SS build.

I uploaded a video of it to YouTube but I don't think I can post links yet as I'm new, I've tried to embed it below and we'll see if it works.

Please tell me I'm doing something stupid and I haven't just bought an elaborate lighter!

Another scary thing is that if I let it, it stays on fire for ages!

Well there's two things:
1: pay attention to wattage.
2: pay attention to wire gauge.

use steam-engine.org

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Ok thanks. I turned it down to about 70w yesterday and it made no difference so I assumed wattage wasn't the issue.

I'll build again and turn it down to 30.
Doesn't seem to be a problem with my subtank though.

That's one thing you are doing wrong; you started at 120, and now you have turned down to 70;; you are therefore starting high and going down.
You should be starting low and moving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread