First time protank 2 user, burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
Hey there,

So I just recieved my protank 2 from fasttech and I absolutely loved it for about 45 minutes until it started to get this really bad burning taste.

I saw other posts and videos about flipping the rubber piece upside down, but this hasn't fixed the issue at all. I get maybe 2 puffs and start to get the burnt taste again. I have tried both the coils that came with it, and still nothing.

Does anyone know of an easy way to fix this?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm using Betelgeuse from nicoticket on only 3.4 volts. If that helps

Last edited:

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
The rubber grommet doesn't do diddly. You can leave it as is, flip it upside down, turn it inside out, fold it into origami, or remove it. It makes no difference because it serves no purpose. I'm not even sure why they put them on in the first place.

As mentioned, there are flavor wicks. Two flavor wicks to be exact. Remove one of them. If it works great, then leave it as is. If it could still use a little more flow, then remove the second one (and retain it). If you remove the second flavor wick, and begin to experience flooding into your tank connection, then put the flavor wick you retained back in. Otherwise, my next recommendation is to remove all of the silica wicking material, and replace with cotton. Cotton not only wicks the liquid, but also retains the liquid as it swells...and it keeps your coil wet unlike silica.

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread