First timers review of TECC TITAN-510 and TW Camel juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
So, after waiting a month for Blu-Cigs to get their heads out of their rectums, I canceled my order with them and did the research I should have done before attempting to order from them. Ended up going with Totally Wicked.

I ordered a 30ml bottle of the 18mg Camel flavoured eliquid and a TECC Titan 510 (AKA re-branded JOYE-510) starter kit.

The first thing I saw was the turn around time; downright amazing. I made my order Sunday, July 12th. My product shipped the next day and arrived at my house on Thursday, July 16th. About as fast as one can expect with USPS priority going from Bradenton, FL to San Jose, CA.

The products themselves are quite nice. The 510 produces nice vapor and throat compared to the Blu unit I almost bought (One of my friends was not as "lucky" as me with the Blu and ended up getting his) and seems much more reliable than the Green Smoke unit (A DPV9, KR808D1 or some variant that uses the same style disposable cartridge with atomizers in them) one of my flatmates has. Battery lasts me a couple good hours of smoking before it requires a recharge. The charger that came with the unit charges properly (as expected), but the power cable for it is *extremely* short requiring me to either have a power strip sitting on my desk, or having the charging unit sitting on the floor under my desk. The atomizers also seem to work fairly well and produce a nice throat hit, but as this is my first long term experience with eCigs I don't really have much to compare against.

As for the Camel flavoured 30ml 18mg eliquid, I'm fairly impressed. It has a reasonably plesant flavour, good throat, and enough vapor production to satisfy my need to see smoke (vapor) when I exhale. It does taste somewhat like a camel would... if you removed the oil-pan flavour from the actual cigarette and just left the tasty Turkish(esque) flavours.

I found the people on the flash chat that Totally Wicked hosts to be extremely helpful and quite willing to answer questions. To be honest its what sold me on buying from TW.

There were a few things that bugged me about this order and any good review must show the good with the bad. These issues wouldn't stop me from recommending TW to eCig neophytes and buying more from them if not just because of the turn around times, the friendliness of the people, and the overall quality of the products.

First off the prices are in my opinion quite high compared to the exact same products out of china. For example you can find the JOYE-510 starter kits for anywhere from 30-45 USD at most of the Chinese based stores. Not exactly a deal breaker as I don't know if the TECC rebranded products have higher quality control or not, but also knowing that the JOYE-510 starter kits wholesale for 10-20 USD (or cheaper) in bulk from vendors in China shows there is a major profit margin here.

As for the eliquid, I find I am a bit reluctant to pay a dollar a milliliter, especially considering that the components of the liquid are extremely cheap. Propylene Glycol is extremely cheap in food and medicinal grade qualities (talking mere dollars for liters). Tobacco essential oils used for adding the nicotine are not terribly expensive either (though I do not know about medical grade). And food grade flavouring is also extremely cheap.

That having been said, I don't feel like I need to run the TW eLiquid through a gas chromatography-mass spectrometer like I do with some of the juices I've purchased directly out of china to make sure that there isn't Ethylene glycol in the mix. So I guess there is a trade off for trust/quality and price.

In the end, if I had to make my purchases again, I'd probably do it the same way. I just don't know if I'll buy replacement parts via TW as the prices are double what I can source elsewhere.

Alron, try the multi packs for parts, we are as cheap as anyone on those.. a lot of our goods have double shipping and duty as mostly we bring through the uk and then into the states...This way it tends to insure a regular supply..But thank you for your honest appraisal..

Pill,

I was wondering if you can refresh my memory. Does your company in the US offer bulk shipping if more than one item is ordered?

Kudos my friend on your company.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Alron, try the multi packs for parts, we are as cheap as anyone on those.. a lot of our goods have double shipping and duty as mostly we bring through the uk and then into the states...This way it tends to insure a regular supply..But thank you for your honest appraisal..

I ended up going with TW for the 5 pack atomizer units. The 20% sale you guys are running brings the prices down far enough on them that the only way I could find them cheaper is wholesale bulk.

Figured I'd try one of those new mega batteries while I was at it.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Well, my Atomizers and Mega Battery arrived today.

It's real nice having those fresh atomizers again (read: my batteries will be much happier). They also look to be slightly better construction than the previous two atomizers that came with my kit in July. Loads less of the fiberglass sticking out from under the vaporizer unit itself. Also the vaporizer material is centered, unlike the other two I got, so I will have less of a chance at melting the plastic on the cartridges.

The mega batteries are big. Like with the atomizer and cartridge the whole unit is about the same size as a pen. So far it is preforming as expected. I.E. Providing serious battery life.

Shipping was as quick as expected. Made my order on Saturday the 22nd at 00:45 (lol, rite?), received the ship notice on Tuesday, and the package arrived Thursday the 27th. Can't ask for much more than that turn around wise.

So, another happy customer still happy. :D

Zeeky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
California
That having been said, I don't feel like I need to run the TW eLiquid through a gas chromatography-mass spectrometer like I do with some of the juices I've purchased directly out of china to make sure that there isn't Ethylene glycol in the mix. So I guess there is a trade off for trust/quality and price.

Thanks for the review alron! Has any of the eLiquid you purchased from China tested positive for ethylene glycol and why specifically did you test for it? Is it a cancer causing substance?

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the review alron! Has any of the eLiquid you purchased from China tested positive for ethylene glycol and why specifically did you test for it? Is it a cancer causing substance?

I didn't test any liquid as gaining access to a gas chromatography-mass spectrometer ( Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is not exactly cheap unless you work in a lab/university with one, and even then they tend to frown upon using them for personal reasons.

As for the liquids I've gotten from china all I could do is make sure they all had recent lab reports available showing their chemical breakdowns.

As for Ethylene glycol ( Ethylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) it is extremely similar to Propylene glycol ( Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) chemically (C2H6O2 for the Ethylene vs C3H8O2 for the Propylene glycol) and some unreputable Chinese companies have been known to pawn it off as Propylene glycol as it saves them a few dollars per liter or what not (Or they were too stupid to know the difference).

I'm sure you've seen the stereotypical anti-freeze used in cars and such, that is typically made from Ethylene glycol and extremely poisonous (and tasty from what I've heard and read).

This is why I like the stuff from totally wicked, I just don't like the price point.

I hope this explains things a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread