Not open for further replies.

ozy.mandias

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
Hi folks,

since my previous review of Inawera tobacco Flavours, ( http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323908 ) the folks at the Polish e-liquid company (yes, they ship to the US) have extended their range of flavours by creator Tino D’Milano (supposedly from Italy) yet again.

Five new flavours have been added:

- Tobacco
- Parliament
- Davidoff
- USA Blend
- Cherry Tobacco

Note in the headline I call these tobacco-style rather than tobacco-flavoured, as none of those really taste of tobacco - but then again there are very few in the market from any manufacturer that actually resemble the real thing.

Disclaimer

I have received small samples of each tobacco flavour for purposes of review free of charge. I did not promise to provide a particularly favourable review in return. The findings below are my personal opinion, aim to give an indication of what you can or can’t expect - your mileage with these products may vary.

Setup

With the above out of the way, let’s head right to the review. My setup for this was as follows:

- the atty I used was an IKV 2.5 Ohm 510 Cannon atomizer
- fired by a Provari at around 4.5-4.7 Volts, resulting in approx. 8.5 Watts
- all of the flavours were mixed in two nic bases,
1) a neutral VPG base (50pc PG / 41pc VG / 9pc water) @ 18mg nic
2) Inawera’s “Dirty Neutral Base”, which is aimed to enhance tobacco flavours (the manufacturer says on the web site it has an “ashtray taste” which thankfully I can’t confirm) @18mg nic

- For all liquids I used a flavour concentration of three per cent (according to the web site the flavours are “highly concentrated” and need only 2 to 4 per cent of flavour, some of them only one per cent.
- Steeping time was 10 days from the day of mixing.

Results

Tobacco
The juice was still pretty clear after 10 days of steeping, the sample mixed with DNB showed a light amber colour. Taking in the scent from the bottle, there is no particular aroma that stands out.

When vaped, it presents a sweetish taste with a light tobacco notes and hints of caramel and roast almonds. However, there is a distinctive reference to lovage, or “Maggi spice”. It’s in the background but clearly detectable and I don’t care for it at all. When tasting the variant mixed with DNB, this note is not detectable any more, as it’s covered by the DNB flavour. Throat hit is good with both mixes.

Conclusion:

This flavour is a pleasant vape, which could also serve as a base for other mixes, i.e. with added flavours such as more caramel or a fruity addition. When compared, I definitely preferred the DNB as a mixing base, which earns a solid “B” grade. The plain version gets marked down for the slightly unpleasant lovage, or “Maggi” aftertaste. Some people do like this however, it is a reference to many a chinese tobacco-style liquid.

Rating:
Tino D’Milano Tobacco (plain VPG): B-
Tino D’Milano Tobacco (DNB): B

Cherry Tobacco

Again, looking at the liquid it’s nearly crystal clear, with a slight amber tint for the DNB version. The bottle emanates a lightly woody scent with distinctive cherry reference.

Nice, natural Cherry Flavor but not too “in-your-face”. It is somewhat on the sweet side, but not sickeningly so. Very well in harmony with the light tobacco, which is present as well as a bit of vanilla.

Throat hit was not as pronounced as with the “Tobacco” aroma.

Note: I enjoyed this as it was mixed, but for my next mix will consider adding a little bit more aroma (i.e. 4%)

Conclusion:

This flavour is very pleasant - the tobacco and cherry form a very good combination, without one overpowering the other. This has potential to become an all day vape, especially because the cherry does not not “linger” longer than needed. I preferred the plain base over the Dirty Neutral Base, as DNB took away a lot of the cherry flavour, enough so that I would downgrade this from the deserved “straight A” to an outright B. The plain mix goes into my “Favourites by Inawera” list, right next to the Dromedary / S’Camel.

Tino D’Milano Cherry Tobacco (plain VPG): A
Tino D’Milano Cherry Tobacco (DNB): B

USA Blend

A clear (light amber with DNB) liquid, which smells strongly of lovage / Maggi straight when the cap is removed. The vape proved to be the same: Maggi. As I thought my tastebuds may be funny or warped from too much testing, I got a second opinion from Mrs Bogeman. She didn’t talk to me for a day after that.

Conclusion
Blegh. This went straight to the bin. Unfortunately, DNB could not save this, either.

Tino D’Milano USA Blend (plain VPG): D
Tino D’Milano USA Blend (DNB): D

Winston

Here is another clear liquid, even after 10 days of steeping. DNB variant has the light amber tint due to the color of the base. The liquid has quite a pronounced scent to it, with prominent notes of dark chocolate or cocoa, paired with something fruity, reminiscent of raspberries.

The flavour reminded me very much of the Arabic Tobacco, also by Tino D’Milano, not only for the chocolatey flavours, but unfortunately also for the slightly cheesy aftertaste.

This flavour clearly benefits from being mixed with DNB, as it seems to diminish the “cheesy” effect.

Winston, both in plain and DNB base variants, surprised me with the strongest throat hit of the five samples provided. Other than that, I didn’t care too much for this one.

Conclusion

Not my favourite. No real tobacco taste, and too chocolatey with indistinguished fruity overtones, and slightly rotten or cheesy aftertaste. I’ll hand it a C- because it’s Christmas :), slight upgrade with DNB.

Tino D’Milano Winston (plain VPG): C-
Tino D’Milano Winston (DNB): C

Parliament and Davidoff

These two get a combined review because they are so similar. I will re-try with more flavour (3 per cent for this review) but both presented as clear liquids which from the bottle did not smell of anything in particular, maybe a little bit sweet (yes I know, it’s not a scent, but I can’t put my finger on it)

Both Parliament and Davidoff came across as mainly sweet tobacco liquids, with the tobacco somewhat subdued in the background. Davidoff’s only difference seems to be more added vanilla, so if you’re a vanilla lover, go for that one.

The best thing I can say for these is that there weren’t any unpleasant components to their taste (which is an important thing), but nothing really worth reporting.

Especially Parliament worked better with DNB, as the aroma’s sweetness and the peppery sharpness of the DNB corresponded well.

Conclusion

I’ll see if a higher flavour concentration will improve these liquids, but for now, they are both pretty generic, sweet tobacco liquids, with more vanilla in the Davidoff. Like “TDM Tobacco”, they would serve well as a flavour base for your own concoction with maybe some fruit or nut flavours.
For a twist, mix this up with DNB, this takes away some of the sweetness and gives a more well-balanced vape experience. The grades are the same for both, as, except for the distinct vanilla component, I couldn’t taste much difference between the two. Absence of unpleasant taste helps them to save face with a high C which improves to B- when used with DNB.

Tino D’Milano Parliament / Davidoff (plain VPG): C+
Tino D’Milano Parliament / Davidoff (DNB): B-

Hope you enjoyed this review,

Best,

Ozy

Last edited:

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
I know they do a DNB Nic Base, but they sell DNB in bottles as a flavour additive too. Have any of you Inawera lovers tried this, and if so in what % or drops par ml should it be added, to get a good "dirtyy ashtray" taste? Well, lets say real cigarette taste, which it is known for. I tried a drop in 3ml, and it didn't really seem a big difference. Help, please, Inawera adepts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread