Five Pawns Mixology Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
You can probably guess by the picture, I like five pawns. Make that LOVE five pawns. I just went through a bottle of the Mixology Edition Castle Long. It is good but I will stick with my all day vape Grand master.

Attachments

• Five Pawns 1.jpg
    Five Pawns 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 26

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
You do love your five pawns that's for sure. All those juices are probably 1-2 new provari lol.

Just ordered my first sample kit of the mixology last night and can't wait to try it out with my provari and the good old hh357
Yes, These bottles are just the ones I saved, I have spent more on FP juice than on my 2 Provaries and my 2 mods and kayfun's combined! I hope to change all this though as I just ordered a bunch of stuff to try my hand at DIY e-liquid making. It's a long shot, but maybe I can even hope to get near the quality of FP.

Last edited:

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Good luck with that. Once you do let me buy some! Unless you have the same prices as FP of course in which case I want free samples with my purchase lol.

Yes, These bottles are just the ones I saved, I have spent more on FP juice than on my 2 Provaries and my 2 mods and kayfun's combined! I hope to change all this though as I just ordered a bunch of stuff to try my hand at DIY e-liquid making. It's a long shot, but maybe I can even hope to get near the quality of FP.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
I've just bought some GrandMaster and threw it in my kayfun and it's darn good so far.
Not sure if it will be an adv, I pray it won't be and just a treat once in a while. But I like it enough that's for sure.

Any know how this pairs with good IPA beer or Scotch?
I'm not feeling the best so alcohol is off the menu tonight.

Jamfreek

Mar 21, 2014
MD
Bought another 30ml today (all in vapor - Gaithersburg, MD - GREAT B&M btw and love giving back to local businesses). I thought I would save the first 12mg bottle as a special treat, once in a while vape...NOPE!! I can't put this stuff down...I think the 12mg nic is the perfect sweet spot for this vape. My other adv for the last few weeks has been the ever-popular, well known, and famous Mothers Milk from suicide bunny in 6mg. That stuff is the perfect chain vape...i'm using a basic 650 evod with an aspire bdc and the creamy and delicious, warm strawberry milk?? flavor is so smooth.

But...Castle Long and IPA's in the same setup --- :toast:

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I've only been Vaping for about a month and I'm solid off cigs now for two weeks TODAY. So I thought I'd celebrate with some new vape stuff.

Went to B&M convinced I was going to get a bottle of Five Pawns. Tried to love Gambit; I don't think my taste buds have "recovered" enough or are "developed" enough yet to be able to appreciate the finer notes of a complicated blend. So while I was able to detect the apple, caramel, and crust flavors in Gambit, I didn't fall in love, even though at this point I am able to fully enjoy a more straight-forward caramel apple from MBV.

I also tried Grandmaster and a few others. The manager/owner of the B&M had his vape in hand and I asked him what he was Vaping. He said Perpetual Check so naturally I tried that one.

It has a spicy fruit flavor and a little tang that my newbie tongue can appreciate immediately. It is intense and not an ADV but it is so different from my other more straightforward flavors I think I will be able to taste them more clearly after a transition. I can definitely detect fig (can't describe it as "Apple" but it has a tartness like an apple would; I suppose that is the lemon element) and that is unique.

I hope with time I am able to appreciate more complex flavors.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I've only been Vaping for about a month and I'm solid off cigs now for two weeks TODAY. So I thought I'd celebrate with some new vape stuff.

Went to B&M convinced I was going to get a bottle of Five Pawns. Tried to love Gambit; I don't think my taste buds have "recovered" enough or are "developed" enough yet to be able to appreciate the finer notes of a complicated blend. So while I was able to detect the apple, caramel, and crust flavors in Gambit, I didn't fall in love, even though at this point I am able to fully enjoy a more straight-forward caramel apple from MBV.

I also tried Grandmaster and a few others. The manager/owner of the B&M had his vape in hand and I asked him what he was Vaping. He said Perpetual Check so naturally I tried that one.

It has a spicy fruit flavor and a little tang that my newbie tongue can appreciate immediately. It is intense and not an ADV but it is so different from my other more straightforward flavors I think I will be able to taste them more clearly after a transition. I can definitely detect fig (can't describe it as "Apple" but it has a tartness like an apple would; I suppose that is the lemon element) and that is unique.

I hope with time I am able to appreciate more complex flavors.

You raise an interesting point, Astron. I don't think I'd have appreciated Five Pawns' complex flavors if I'd tried them a year and a half ago when I first switched. I think it's a case of our taste buds renegerating, because I'm also enjoying different food flavors now than when I smoked.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
You raise an interesting point, Astron. I don't think I'd have appreciated Five Pawns' complex flavors if I'd tried them a year and a half ago when I first switched. I think it's a case of our taste buds renegerating, because I'm also enjoying different food flavors now than when I smoked.
Well, I won't lie and pretend it is an original thought I had. Granted, as a smoker, my taste buds were diminished, but reading about "vaper's tongue" (I am a "victim" of this occasionally) and the B&M's knowledgable manager discussing this with me, I am willing to believe it is a real thing. Straightforward flavors like strawberry, caramel, and tobacco, yes, I taste outright, even if diminished at the moment. And the top notes of Perpetual Check definitely stand out. But the top notes of PC are STRONG. They rather demand attention LOL :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread