Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Try pushing the battery up towards the Negative and wedging out.
...I can't imagine even that doesn't have some 'give' to it.
Have tried that. That keystone tab has no give if any upwards. Really stiff keystone,never had one this stiff before.

Reactions: stols001

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Way back in the way back machine I had a Hana knock off with no ribbon and it was a tight fit. The addition of a small piece of ribbon slipped in helped a lot to easily get the battery out.

The Crea has a stationary contact on the bottom, no movement, and the top contact was extremely hard to move. The ribbon in the Crea was useless at first but has loosened up now enough that I can get the battery out.

The pop cycle stick worked perfectly. I kinda thinned and rounded the tip and hardened it by burning it slightly.
Gave it a quick sanding to make sure nothing was going to come off of it further and it was hard and WA LA it worked! Just a little leverage from the bottom and then the ribbon was useful for removal.

Hope this can be a solution for you and it loosens up for you. Good luck :toast:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Way back in the way back machine I had a Hana knock off with no ribbon and it was a tight fit. The addition of a small piece of ribbon slipped in helped a lot to easily get the battery out.

The Crea has a stationary contact on the bottom, no movement, and the top contact was extremely hard to move. The ribbon in the Crea was useless at first but has loosened up now enough that I can get the battery out.

The pop cycle stick worked perfectly. I kinda thinned and rounded the tip and hardened it by burning it slightly.
Gave it a quick sanding to make sure nothing was going to come off of it further and it was hard and WA LA it worked! Just a little leverage from the bottom and then the ribbon was useful for removal.

Hope this can be a solution for you and it loosens up for you. Good luck :toast:
This mod has no ribbon but I still might try the pop-sicle stick though.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Have tried that. That keystone tab has no give if any upwards. Really stiff keystone,never had one this stiff before.

Maybe it's bottoming out. Is there spring in the contacts when the battery is out of the mod?

Some 18650 batteries, especially button tops, are longer than others. Some mechs specify button tops and some flat tops. 18650 is suppose to be 18mm wide and 650mm long. Just for grins, have you measured it? Could be that your batt is one of the longer ones. Even a millimeter will make a difference.

i forgot whether you said it was fine before the wrap. Wrapping over the factory wrap does add some width.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Maybe it's bottoming out. Is there spring in the contacts when the battery is out of the mod?

Some 18650 batteries, especially button tops, are longer than others. Some mechs specify button tops and some flat tops. 18650 is suppose to be 18mm wide and 650mm long. Just for grins, have you measured it? Could be that your batt is one of the longer ones. Even a millimeter will make a difference.

i forgot whether you said it was fine before the wrap. Wrapping over the factory wrap does add some width.
No springs in the contacts at all solid round thick positive bottom and stiff keystone tab negative top.

The bottom contact no matter how I try to put the battery in,it rips right across the rim down to the cylinder. I have had to re-wrap 5 new batteries so far and have only been using this mod for my wake up vape. That way the battery will last a while without having to destroy another.

EDIT: The batteries I use are MNKE and LG HE4 for my 18650 devices.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No springs in the contacts at all solid round thick positive bottom and stiff keystone tab negative top.

The bottom contact no matter how I try to put the battery in,it rips right across the rim down to the cylinder. I have had to re-wrap 5 new batteries so far and have only been using this mod for my wake up vape. That way the battery will last a while without having to destroy another.

I've never seen an 18650 device that didn't have spring loaded contacts, even if they were just copper spring tabs. You might want to contact the seller.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Maybe filing off a 1/2-1mm or so off of the positive contact would help solve the issue.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I started using a file to try and file the side part of the contact down so the battery will glide up a slope,instead of getting ripped by the contact edge. Hoping this will help solve the problem?
Just keep an eye out for burrs and sharp edges. And when filing, a little can go a long way.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just keep an eye out for burrs and sharp edges. And when filing, a little can go a long way.
That is what I am worried about. I file a little and then see how well/if battery goes in tray better. I will have to sand around edges to after filling so wraps don't get caught and rip. Hopefully this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread