Status
Not open for further replies.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
I've only had the thing three weeks and yesterday it started shutting itself off in 18650 mode. I thought maybe the spring had compressed from using stacked 18350s but it was still doing it when I put them back in. Pulled the spring and cleaned it top and bottom and the inside of the bottom cap. I wiped off the positive contact on the underside of the control head for good measure. It hasn't shut off since!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hey Clair .. Most likely the reason you need more pressure it that the internal board has shifted up causing the positive pin to be more recessed. Do you notice that the screen sits higher than new? Do you have and misfire issues with the button. You can easily take it apart and re-glue the board or make a retainer to hold it if your handy. Just be carefull you don't yank the top off when it comes loose or you'll break the wires. Lightly pry it when you get it loose initially.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
stretching the spring wasnt a 100% cure. its still shutting off a few times a day. I either open it and pull the spring again or bang the bottom on my hand -- click it 5x and it will go back on. does this still sound like a spring issue?

Could be poor ground in one of the tube threads or endcap threads. Clean them up good, then noalox the threads, or put a little wrap of foil around it for a quick fix to see if it is a
Contact problem

ClaireW

ECF Veteran
Jeremy thank you for the replies & advice.
I'm 99% sure its the spring. I fiddled with the spring a few times - it wouldnt go on. I streched the bottom piece of the spring outwards then twisted it back in the cap & it works again. but it wont stay working so I just ordered a new spring from Avidvapor.

Where are you suggesting to put the foil?

what does Noalox do? can I use noxon? or other metal cleaners?

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Jeremy thank you for the replies & advice.
I'm 99% sure its the spring. I fiddled with the spring a few times - it wouldnt go on. I streched the bottom piece of the spring outwards then twisted it back in the cap & it works again. but it wont stay working so I just ordered a new spring from Avidvapor.

Where are you suggesting to put the foil?

what does Noalox do? can I use noxon? or other metal cleaners?

I had that happen a lot using the vamo.. I only use button top batts, no flattops. I stretched up my spring and that helped but the problem is losing a connection and then the vamo is off till you take the cap off and put it back on and then turn back on the device. A longer spring would probably solve the problem.
Noalox isnt going to help you out so dont waster your money. be very careful using foil...!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
The threads on the bottom cap and tube complete the circuit. Make sure they are clean. I have used a thin strip of foil on loose fitting threads to improve the contact. Like a plumbers tape. Just make sure none can get inside the tube. However it was a stainless telescopic... You could fold the foil up thick and put it in the bottom and put spring on top of it to give you a higher spring. The main problem with that quick fix would be a piece of foil coming loose and making its way up to the positive side and shorting the battery out.

I still think it sounds like poor contact at the bottom threads if you can just loosen and retighten and regain contact. You would be surprised how the threads can loose a ground contact. An indication would be that when you chain vape it it will get hot around the threads down there indicating higher resistance/ a weak ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread