Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I wish I knew this back when I received a 5 pack of dead carts! I threw them away. :( At least I know for next time. :)

You'll never know if that was the problem with them.

I think using a large bent paper clip works the best to lift the round connector. Just stick the paper clip into the threaded end hole a little ways and turn it in a circle motion, lifting up a little at the same time.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
It really does work!! Thanks. I had to do the quarter turn numerous times to get it functioning so if you don't have luck keep on turning & testing until you have success. Great tip.

Instead of turning it, try prying the center up a little, evenly, with a pin or some other small instrument. I tried the "turn" before I knew I could also "pry".

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Instead of turning it, try prying the center up a little, evenly, with a pin or some other small instrument. I tried the "turn" before I knew I could also "pry".

You're correct! If the round connector is stuck, it shouldn't be turned. I insert the end of a large bent paper clip into the connector hole and lift or pry the connector up.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Interesting thread. Just curious about something...

When I have a carto (sometimes even a new one) that draws too tightly, I sometimes notice that I can't see through the carto when I hold it up to a light. I've tried to insert a straightened paper clip through the carto to clear the way, but it won't go all the way through.

Should I try something else? Natalia mentions a hatpin, but I have no idea where to find one. Any other suggestions, comrades, or is the lack of visual "openness" meaningless?

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Thanks, Lorraine. I'll try that. Sally, I'm still just using the condo method, which is working well. But I do have a couple of syringes waiting for their day in court! Either way, after asking 100 questions here and fumbling around a bit, I think I'm over the hump. I'm now officially a fill-my-own kind of guy. And it only took one full year! What a schmuck I can be.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Interesting thread. Just curious about something...

When I have a carto (sometimes even a new one) that draws too tightly, I sometimes notice that I can't see through the carto when I hold it up to a light. I've tried to insert a straightened paper clip through the carto to clear the way, but it won't go all the way through.

Should I try something else? Natalia mentions a hatpin, but I have no idea where to find one. Any other suggestions, comrades, or is the lack of visual "openness" meaningless?

Hi Jeffree. I bought the hat pins on ebay. 7 for 7.99 free shipping. But a sewing needle, as Lorraine said, would work as well and be cheaper. I just prefer the hat pins because they have a nice bauble at one end to hold onto. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread