Fixes for some originals

Status
Not open for further replies.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
I have two originals mods that I took to local shops to help bring back to life, no solutions

I have a Puresmoker Legacy, sort of have two of them, I know I'm dating myself, anyway I had one old legacy with the spring and delrin piece on top, I lost that spring and delrin piece. Took the spring from the other Legacy and it worked but I'm experiencing crazy voltage drop or it may not be voltage drop but the connection isn't good but it still fires. I have changed and done multiple set ups in the button with washers, it either fires lightly or if I have 1 more washer in it, it fires no matter what unless the mod itself is inscrewed. The other button I have seems to be seized because it won't unscrew to lock or unlock. The local shop suggested it could be the spring because it's a black wrapped spring. I tried the spring from my nemesis with no luck. He also mentioned using magnets, I have no idea how that would work with the button from the Legacy. Anyone have any other solutions?

My next question would be for an EA mod, I lost the spring and locking washer for the fireing button. I know a pen spring will work for the button srping, just need to find a pen spring to fit since all the ones I have are too big. But does anyone know what I can use to lock the pin in place from the inside? I'm going to take it to Home Depot to hopefully find something but if anyone has a home solution that I can use would be greatly appreciated.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
I have two originals mods that I took to local shops to help bring back to life, no solutions

I have a Puresmoker Legacy, sort of have two of them, I know I'm dating myself, anyway I had one old legacy with the spring and delrin piece on top, I lost that spring and delrin piece. Took the spring from the other Legacy and it worked but I'm experiencing crazy voltage drop or it may not be voltage drop but the connection isn't good but it still fires. I have changed and done multiple set ups in the button with washers, it either fires lightly or if I have 1 more washer in it, it fires no matter what unless the mod itself is inscrewed. The other button I have seems to be seized because it won't unscrew to lock or unlock. The local shop suggested it could be the spring because it's a black wrapped spring. I tried the spring from my nemesis with no luck. He also mentioned using magnets, I have no idea how that would work with the button from the Legacy. Anyone have any other solutions?

My next question would be for an EA mod, I lost the spring and locking washer for the fireing button. I know a pen spring will work for the button srping, just need to find a pen spring to fit since all the ones I have are too big. But does anyone know what I can use to lock the pin in place from the inside? I'm going to take it to Home Depot to hopefully find something but if anyone has a home solution that I can use would be greatly appreciated.

You can get e-clips from Home Depot.. i don't recall the exact size, but I bought some when i broke my clip and it's worked just fine ever since.. I just took my button and sized it there... cost like $.50 if i recall (it was a while ago).

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
I just looked through my parts bin and found them... the ones I got were made by CrownBolt.... plain steel 1/8" e-clip...it comes in a 2pc pack... hope that helps. I remember them being a tight fit and had to use needle tip pliers to install, but it has held up great... I've never had an issue with it again.

coluccim

Verified Member
May 11, 2009
Rhode Island

The spring on the Legacy is coated so it does not transfer current - later runs shipped without the delrin as it is not necessary (as the spring should not transfer current). I think I remember it mentioned that there was a bag of springs that would work also available at Home Depot although it might be Lowe's (or both). Current is transferred through the hex shaft on the switch, I would make sure that the shaft is perfectly clean of lint and grime and polish the brass screws with a pencil eraser.

I've found that the Legacy was never a heavy hitter either way............

A washer (if needed) should go under the lower plastic piece on top of the hex shaft, not immediately under the screw head. As for unsticking the lock - it should be easy with the holes on the locking ring and the hex shaft to grab with any pliers.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
The spring on the Legacy is coated so it does not transfer current - later runs shipped without the delrin as it is not necessary (as the spring should not transfer current). I think I remember it mentioned that there was a bag of springs that would work also available at Home Depot although it might be Lowe's (or both). Current is transferred through the hex shaft on the switch, I would make sure that the shaft is perfectly clean of lint and grime and polish the brass screws with a pencil eraser.

I've found that the Legacy was never a heavy hitter either way............

A washer (if needed) should go under the lower plastic piece on top of the hex shaft, not immediately under the screw head. As for unsticking the lock - it should be easy with the holes on the locking ring and the hex shaft to grab with any pliers.

my legacy used to hit harder, thats why i'm trying to get back to that, at least for a back up mod

right now the system is set up...(washer, locking washer, washer) then the black piece and spring...i'm going to have to sit down one night and really play with it, getting the time is the hard part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread