Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Video up.

Thanks to Sun Vaporer for the information.

YouTube - Fixing loose cartridges on an M-401 electronic Cigarette

Apparently I left out some credit and people are making poopy-pants so I'll make sure I cover everything, here.

Credit to Belowme for the original post...weeks ago...describing this process.

Thanks to Ernst Sachs for inventing the electric soldering iron that was originally used to fix this problem with DSE-901 carts.

Big ups to the Mesopotamians who invented soldering, without which we wouldn't need the soldering iron, meaning Ernst Sachs would never have invented the electric one, without which we would never have heard of this process of fixing carts because it wouldn't have been invented.

Props to Mother Earth, without which we wouldn't have this big f.cking rock on which to live whilst we invent all this sh.t.

And a very special thanks to all of the gods throughout history for not annihilating us, which would have meant this stupid assed argument never would have started in the first place.

Does that about cover it?

My god.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Terraphon--Glad I could help--Great Video. You show exactly how to solve this issue that is becoming more and more prevelent with the M-401 EVO 901 and the Penstyles. As a matter of fact I got 100 blanks from Johnson Creek and the diameter is too small on every one of them. I was going to send them back, but decided to try a few things first and this worked.--Again thanks for making the video so everyone knows what we are talking about----Sun:thumb:

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Nice vid, good tip Sun.

Man, I cannot wait to get my EVO in. My pen gives nice vapor, but that thing just looks so sexy.

Yeah, dude...m401 = teh secks.

I love it.

Terraphon--Glad I could help--Great Video. You show exactly how to solve this issue that is becoming more and more prevelent with the M-401 EVO 901 and the Penstyles. As a matter of fact I got 100 blanks from Johnson Creek and the diameter is too small on every one of them. I was going to send them back, but decided to try a few things first and this worked.--Again thanks for making the video so everyone knows what we are talking about----Sun:thumb:

Again, Sun, thanks for the tip. You've saved me a lot of frustration and, probably, money. I figured the least I could do was pass that knowledge on to others so that they could benefit from your wisdom, as well.

If we're going to be early adopters the least was can do is to help each other adopt as smoothly and painlessly as possible, I reckon.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Here's how he came up with it. Seems some credit should be given to the originator:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-fitting-well-problem-easy-fix.html#post92605

Lu

This was originally hammered out here and on another forum which I was using a Soldering gun which many people do not have–the needle was a great way to attack it for all of our members by Belowme and the concept is the same--- Belowme was noted if you would have bothered to read my original post. We thank Terraphone for his Video.--Sun:)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Yes, I see Belowme's name was tacked on at the end of that post where obviously no one realized he wrote it. Or don't you think one person would have said "Hey Belowme, that was a good idea" if they had caught it?

Lu

As I stated-- for the last time, this issue first came up months before this post as JC turned out a bunch of blanks that did not fit the DSE801 or the RN4072--not the 901 and the solution we came up with was that a soldering iorn would heat a crease enough to abate the issue. The advent of the needle furthered it into the main stream but we have been using Soldering Iorns since the issue came about.
Members here as well as elsewhere field a lot of problem issues for the benifit of us all and everyone seems to be helpful --save for a few that never add any input on complex issues. Noone is interested in taking credit where credit is not due--that contention lacks merit--Sun

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Wow...

We're getting into a pissing match about who takes credit for what?

It doesn't matter. Sun made a suggestion, I found that it worked, I made a video so that the visual/kinesthetics could see it being done and, hopefully, this will save people a lot of frustration.

Since it's really THAT important, I'll edit the OP and make sure everyone gets credit.

dramaqn.jpg

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I suppose referring to someone as a "drama queen" for pointing out something that should have been included right at the beginning is infantile, at best. But as I always say....do what ya gotta do!

Lu

Well, jeepers, Lu...If I'd had a complete history of the loose cartridge fix, from inception to completion, including names of all of the brilliant minds that were a part of making it a reality I just may have bothered to give them all credit.

Since I only had a recommendation from Sun on how to fix MY issue, though, he's who got credit.

Forgive me for not being an e-cig historian, just yet...Or just get over yourself...Or we can take it outside and I'll gladly wear you out from here to next christmas.

Either way your petty crap in this thread stops, now. If you can't get with the idea of HELPING PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY then I'll just slap you on ignore and be done with your antics.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Well, jeepers, Lu...If I'd had a complete history of the loose cartridge fix, from inception to completion, including names of all of the brilliant minds that were a part of making it a reality I just may have bothered to give them all credit.

Since I only had a recommendation from Sun on how to fix MY issue, though, he's who got credit.

Forgive me for not being an e-cig historian, just yet...Or just get over yourself...Or we can take it outside and I'll gladly wear you out from here to next christmas.

Either way your petty crap in this thread stops, now. If you can't get with the idea of HELPING PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY then I'll just slap you on ignore and be done with your antics.

Sorry, bud....but my "crap" stops when I say....not you. Sorry to bust your little bubble though. Ignore me....I will be flattered :cool:

Oops! Forgot to add....do what ya gotta do!

Lu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread