Flüxomizer CE2-X 2.4-2.6 on eGo -- Burnt taste -- what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif

Feb 18, 2011
Thailand
Howdy!

I have to types of fluxomizers:
FLüXomizer™ CE2-X Carto - 510 XL BLK 1.8ML 2.4-2.6 ohms
and
FLüXomizer™ CE2-X KR808 XL BLK 1.8ML 2.6-2.8ohms

I'm having the same exact problem on both. Right after filling, they work great, but as soon as the liquid at the atomizer is used up, they taste burnt! They're not wicking at all.

I followed the instructions in this video: YouTube - CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com

However, mine are the type that has two bigger wicks, and they were already cut at the bottom.

I'm using V4L's Cowboy and Kamel juices.

What am I doing wrong? Why aren't they wicking? I've read user reports here from people who love them, so I figured I'd ask.

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
Howdy!

I have to types of fluxomizers:
FLüXomizer™ CE2-X Carto - 510 XL BLK 1.8ML 2.4-2.6 ohms
and
FLüXomizer™ CE2-X KR808 XL BLK 1.8ML 2.6-2.8ohms

I'm having the same exact problem on both. Right after filling, they work great, but as soon as the liquid at the atomizer is used up, they taste burnt! They're not wicking at all.

I followed the instructions in this video: YouTube - CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com

However, mine are the type that has two bigger wicks, and they were already cut at the bottom.

I'm using V4L's Cowboy and Kamel juices.

What am I doing wrong? Why aren't they wicking? I've read user reports here from people who love them, so I figured I'd ask.

Nothing. Many of these simply don't wick well. Here's how I've solved the problem. Remove the filler ring. I use a stout paper clip. Bend the end to form an L It takes some effort but it can be done. Set the ring aside. You won't use it for this mod. Fill the tube with ejuice. I use a syringe but you can drip it in straight from the bottle. Its much easier to fill without the fill ring in place. Place the top ring in flat surface down. Then add two more top rings flat side down. You may have to get the two other top rings from other units unless you kept some from spent units like I have.

Then put the cap back in. It won't fit completely in. It will stick up about 0.020 (guess) but that's OK. Apply some pressure to the cap to seat all the rings.

You will have great wicking...no leaks...great flavor...great vapor. and a unit that is easy to fill. By the way, I do this with the metal Fluxomizers. That also solves the cracking problem that is so common with the Clearomizers. I think it will work with the Clearomizers too.

Hope this works for you like it does for me.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
HI Leif...a little tip that will do wonders with wicking is to remove the mouthpiece and take a small jewler's screw driver or a hooked paperclip and ease it under the inner fill ring at the cup slots and lift that fill ring a mm or a mm and a half to pull it off the wicks entering. See how that works...

Leif

Feb 18, 2011
Thailand
I'll be darned :).

Thanks for all responses. Sirpops, it seems your mod addresses the same issue Dannoman describes -- if the rubber cap is on too hard, the wick gets pinched and nothing gets through. I took the inner fill ring out and put it back in, making sure to align it and not pushing it in too hard. World of difference -- they actually seem to work now. Still more finicky than a normal cartomizer, but it does seem promising for the future, if the kinks get worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread