Status
Not open for further replies.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
Im currently using the flanged 35mm 2.0ohm SmokTech cartos in my IBtanks. What are some of my other options that I could try? I know Boge makes some good cartos but I cant find any around me in Canada that have the flange on them. Could someone point me in the right direction whether it be in Canada or not. Id just like to try a 5pack to compare them to the SmokTech. My main concern is the flavour of the vapor coming from the SmokTech's. Id like to try a few others to compare with and see which one I get the most flavour from. So if anyone has any recommendations id really appreciate that and also if they could point me in the proper direction. Mucho appreciated fellas!!

Cheers, Matt

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I don't think Boge makes a flanged carto. I could be wrong since my time with cartos was very brief, I never really liked them, but the Boges I saw were always without the flange.

Not sure about the 35mm but the XL's are 1.7 ohm Low Resistance F-16 with 2 laser drilled 1mm holes, Flanged.:D

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I use really sweet and flavorful liquid for the most part, so I typically don't get more than 2-weeks out of one. That is for sure.. I typically change them about every week. They're cheap enough to not really care about. I paid enough for Turkish Royals, so I can pay the little bit to have fresh cartomizers consistently.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Alright.. thanks fellas, maybe ill just stick with the 35mm 2.0ohm flanged SmokTech cartos. How long do they normally last you on average?
I just swapped them out on 4 tanks last night. One lasted 18 days, one lasted 23 days, one lasted 10 days and one lasted 6 days. The ones with the shorter lives were using thicker/darker bakery-type juices with cinnamon and/or caramel in them. The one that lasted 23 days was with a very clear, fruit-flavored juice - it was still drawing fine and resistance was still at 3.3 ohms (where it started when new), but the taste was getting funky. I could have easily used it for longer, but I refuse to scrimp on a $1.35 carto at the expense of enjoying the taste of my juice. All of them were used daily in rotation.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When they are in stock....and when the website gets back online....the Ikenvape 510 Fusion has a flange. Single coil 3.0 ohm and a low resistance model (I don't use those), punched with two laser-drilled holes. Really an excellent carto with very good flavor and which last longer than Smoktech cartos. And that's if you can get them.

The owner commissions a China manufacturer to build his cartomizers to his specific specifications. Better quality heating coils and better polyfill fiber. Even the steel tubes look higher quality. The ones I've used have been very consistant; maybe one dud in over 50 some cartos used. Anyway, the manufacturer limits the number of cartos he can receive, so the supply/demand thing is pretty messed up. When in stock, the supply generally dries up within 24 - 48 hours. He uses an email alert system for loyal customers to get first choice. I use both the 510 Fusion and Platinum series in my tanks. I use Smoktech single coil 3.0 ohm as my backup cartos.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
I normally dont use thick liquids. I tend to stick to the fruity flavors which are either 50/50 or 70/30. All of them are relatively clear and not so thick. So I guess ill just see how it goes... When do you really know when a carto has bit the dust?
I have three criteria:

1) The draw starts getting hard.

2) The flavor starts tasting funky and/or I'm not getting as much vapor.

3) It stops firing (#1 or #2 usually happens first unless it's a bad carto in the first place.)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm in the minority. I don't care for the IKenVape Fusion. I like the filler in the SmokTech more. I like the IKenVape Platinum, but they don't come with a flange, which I prefer. Picky, picky, picky. I've never given Boge a real chance. When I used Boge the laser punch wasn't an option, so the vendor pre-punched them and the holes were too big for my juice. I'll probably pick-up a box the next time I get low.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I have three criteria:

3) It stops firing (#1 or #2 usually happens first unless it's a bad carto in the first place.)

Me too, although I haven't experience #3.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I have three criteria:

For me...#4 They start flooding spontaneously.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
When a carto is flooded, is it dunzo? Or can it still be used, just curious cuz ive been reusing one that I had recently flooded and wasnt too sure if its better off just replacing it

"Flooded" as in over-saturated and/or was it spitting and/or leaking out the bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread