• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flanigans - Anti Vaping Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I have not yet but do go to a flanigans(food only).Judging by their barside clients it would make them mad if you are happy.They have a lot of that dark hole in the wall dungeon thing going on.Luckily you and i live in an area that offers much better outside 365 days a year places to go to.The best thing about south florida is outside rest/bars , I know this is not a stand your ground response but flanigans is an old horse on a track that can not be repaired

I've not had that experience but then again I can understand it.. there are no real regulations in florida regarding vaping, and if it upsets even 1 other customer who may be sitting across the room and not say anything to the manager, but instead reports them to authorities for allowing "smoking" in their establishment it can cause real problems for the owners..

vaping is still VERY new to most people, and it will likely be while before anything is sorted out officially .. so most companies will err on the side of caution and treat vaping the same as analogs..

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I was at a Flanigans in Miami this last weekend and was politely advised that Flanigans had a policy against use of PV's in the bar and restaurant. Has anyone else had this experience at Flanigans?

yes!, i had the same issue once in the flanigans in kendall... the manager asked me to stop.. then i saw another guy 4 tables down whip out his pv and start vaping... but he left shortly after and the manager never told him anything..(i guess the manager must have missed him) then again.... i wasent being very bashful... i was vaping clouds at the table lol.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
My friend and I Vape at the bar at Chilis off University and Pines Blvd. all the time. The manager said it's okay as long as no other customers complain. So far there have been no complaints and many people love it and it gives me a chance to hand out business cards for the Vape meets. Lol. I guess each restaurant is different depending on the manager.

Chiups

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Miami
yes!, i had the same issue once in the flanigans in kendall... the manager asked me to stop.. then i saw another guy 4 tables down whip out his pv and start vaping... but he left shortly after and the manager never told him anything..(i guess the manager must have missed him) then again.... i wasent being very bashful... i was vaping clouds at the table lol.
I usually frequent the Flanigans in Kendall and have never been asked to stop, but I guess i was being a little stealthy. Its possible no one noticed.

CDalio

Jul 23, 2012
Ft Myers, FL USA
SWFL seems to embrace it.. I guess I have become spoiled. I always bring it everywhere and I have never been asked to stop.. A lot of times a server will come up and say "I have one!" and pull out a PV.. Other customers seem more intrigued than offended. I get a lot of questions and people always seem very receptive to it after I explain. I cant even count how many times I have heard, "I wish ALL smokers would do that!"

Obviously it is up to the restaraunt or business owner, but I have not encountered any negative input. A recent trip to Ohio showed just how different it is down here for us.. Most of the people had never seen an E-Cig, especially not an Ego Twist/3.5 Nova setup. I had hundreds of "WTH is THAT that you are smoking?!?" but even up there after an explanation everyone seemed open to it.. A few asked where to get them and I had to direct them to the web because as hard as we searched we could not find ANY listings for stores up there!

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
yea.. i get the same thing... especially at walmart.. lol i puff away in walmart for some reason... i never had any problems when i lived in miami (hialeah)

although sometimes i wondered.... why is it that noone is asking me what im doing??.. it kind of concerns me because i can put myself in someone elses shoes who doesnt know anything about vaping and say to myself "what in the world does this guy think hes doing smoking in here?" lol

but now up here in orlando.. i get questions everywhere i go... i sometimes dont even take it out because im kinda tired of explaining myself... i also wish we had some type of little paper to explain to people what im doing ... it might make it easier...

i promis im not so lazy as it seems... lol

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
I had a woman approach me in a bar and tell me that my vapeing smelled bad.

I politely explained to her that peaches and cream smells good, and exponentially better than her cigarettes she had at her seat at the bar.

She told me i should have to go outside as she had to to " smoke", i told her it was water vaper, and she cut me off and said " i know what it is"

I then too a big ol puff as she stared at me.. All i did was smile, as she stomped outside to go puff away at her analog.

(I am friends with the owner of this establishment, or i would have been a little less willing to match her aggressiveness towards me using my PV)

The next week, one of my fellow vapers brought in a usb power pack and set up 5 pass throughs.. It was priceless.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I had a woman approach me in a bar and tell me that my vapeing smelled bad.

I politely explained to her that peaches and cream smells good, and exponentially better than her cigarettes she had at her seat at the bar.

She told me i should have to go outside as she had to to " smoke", i told her it was water vaper, and she cut me off and said " i know what it is"

I then too a big ol puff as she stared at me.. All i did was smile, as she stomped outside to go puff away at her analog.

(I am friends with the owner of this establishment, or i would have been a little less willing to match her aggressiveness towards me using my PV)

The next week, one of my fellow vapers brought in a usb power pack and set up 5 pass throughs.. It was priceless.

OMG, I wish I could have been there when your friend pulled out that power pack! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread