Flat ribbon kanthal NO vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Ive never made a micro coil with ribbon I can say when making a standard coil wrap ribbon works nicely.

Edit: an after thought, you might do better installing the coil around a tooth pick remove the tooth pick pulse the coil to stiffen it up then insert the cotton wick.

I dont wick the coil i bed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386156332.486759.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386156347.003388.jpg
As you can see it doesnt make alot of vape

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
Have you checked the resistance after you put the bedding in? Check your connections and make sure you've got a solid connection at both posts. Every now and then I have issues with a coil, and my issue is resolved by something as simple as that. Also be sure that the ends of your coil are open to the air, at least a little - it looks like in the pic in which you're firing the mod that you've got cotton over the top of the coil. Gotta make sure that you're giving the vapor a route to escape.

gammaxgoblin

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Utah, US
How does the coil fire without any cotton? Are you getting a nice, even, orange/red glow?

Right now I'm running a 0.5 ohm ribbon microcoil (0.1x0.6mm) and it's hitting like a hammer. I checked the coil before I wicked it, and it was glowing nice and evenly.

Same here.....all I can suggest is to get that coil buried deeper in the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Have you checked the resistance after you put the bedding in? Check your connections and make sure you've got a solid connection at both posts. Every now and then I have issues with a coil, and my issue is resolved by something as simple as that. Also be sure that the ends of your coil are open to the air, at least a little - it looks like in the pic in which you're firing the mod that you've got cotton over the top of the coil. Gotta make sure that you're giving the vapor a route to escape.

Checked it all and found the problem... The galileo is the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread