Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I loved Bobas and Flavor 39 is great also good work
Will it be in supply all the time ?

If I had my 'druthers'. I'm too scared to say 'yes' as that will jinx it but I'm willing to say we will do our damnedest to make sure all the ingredients are well stocked and above demand.

Reactions: Izan

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Got in my 100 ml bottles of Flavor 39 and Simian Slam ... I have to say, Flavor 39 kind of smacked me in the face (OK, back of my throat at first), I didn't remember that much throat hit, however, I too have to agree, once it settles into the wick on the Kayfun, it's a VERY smooth tasting juice. In fact, I am heading over to order a couple more bottles to see what happens when it has a chance to steep for a little while (because this bottle when right into the rebuildable without even looking twice.) LOL I have yet to try Simian Slam, but my husband has and says it's pretty good too, reminds him alot of the old Gorilla Juice.

Personally, I say GREAT JOB Ben and Christy. I know we had to wait for some time to get these flavors, but I have always believed good things come to those who wait, and truly, as long as I can keep some AVE in my daily stash, I'm a pretty happy camper! :)

NetteG

Reactions: AnnieP65

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Maybe I'm late to the game & need a little clarification. Is flavor 39 a temporary or permanent replacement for boba's bounty. AVE have you guys thrown in the towel trying to recreate BB or is that an ongoing project?

I'll never stop trying but the name 'Boba's Bounty' is gone for good. I mentioned, a long time ago, when I started the business that if a recipe changed the name would change and that is what I am doing here. Flavor 39 is not a replacement as it is my best attempt thus far. I have new tobacco flavors on the horizon that will also give the Boba's name a run for it's money, but more importantly, we are hoping to be everyone's go-to shop for great tobacco flavors and variations, instead of the one flavor to rule them all that we have been with Boba's. The saying 'all eggs in one basket' comes to mind when I think of how popular Boba's has been.

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
Same here. Can't wait. Another supplier I really like has a similar base to all their juices, if you like one you like them all, but all a little different. I would really like to see this done with flavor 39. It's pretty good and I'm enjoying it but I can't help to think how awesome it would be with variations done with it, I like the banana version too, but keep them coming!

Ordered a small bottle of flavor 39. Very hard for me to remeber OG Bobas, but I remember well when the recipe changed. Hoping to get that same happy face satisfaction I got with the OG, sounds like flavor 39 is close enough to bring back old memories and give me another adv. Haven't had more than one adv in rotation at a time since the OG bobas!

Kosher Fried

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
DFW, TX
I'm going to post this here in hopes someone will see it, and I'm not particularly advocating another company.

I got a 100ml bottle of 39 immediately...hell I stayed up LATE to order the night it became available, and I, even knowing it was only similar, was disappointed for no real good reason...but I found a silver lining in research. I found that one missing note was that similar to raisins. Well wouldn't you know it, but HHV sells Sludge, which is tobacco with raisin tones. So I got 100ml of it. when mixed 1/2 or even quarter (sludge) to 1/2-3/4 39, it becomes even closer to Bobas.

I am now selling ALL of the vapes I've acquired in the long wait and search, and just keep these 2 in stock, refilling to whatever ratio I want. As long as neither you nor their flavors change again anytime soon, that's pretty much my go to ADV for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: BNEAT

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I'm going to post this here in hopes someone will see it, and I'm not particularly advocating another company.

I got a 100ml bottle of 39 immediately...hell I stayed up LATE to order the night it became available, and I, even knowing it was only similar, was disappointed for no real good reason...but I found a silver lining in research. I found that one missing note was that similar to raisins. Well wouldn't you know it, but HHV sells Sludge, which is tobacco with raisin tones. So I got 100ml of it. when mixed 1/2 or even quarter (sludge) to 1/2-3/4 39, it becomes even closer to Bobas.

I am now selling ALL of the vapes I've acquired in the long wait and search, and just keep these 2 in stock, refilling to whatever ratio I want. As long as neither you nor their flavors change again anytime soon, that's pretty much my go to ADV for the foreseeable future.
Ordered some Sludge, hope it helps

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Just received HHVs Sludge, and I'm really optimistic about this stuff mixed with 39. (I'm pretty stoked about it by itself, too) supposedly it needs a while to steep, so I'll let you all know in a week or so. I can tell it's going to take some experimenting to get the proportions right, but 2 parts 39 to 1 part Sludge tastes pretty damn good right out of the box.

Keep at it Ave, I'd rather just buy from you guys, but 39 by itself just isn't doing it for me.

Reactions: Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
DFW, TX
Just received HHVs Sludge, and I'm really optimistic about this stuff mixed with 39. (I'm pretty stoked about it by itself, too) supposedly it needs a while to steep, so I'll let you all know in a week or so. I can tell it's going to take some experimenting to get the proportions right, but 2 parts 39 to 1 part Sludge tastes pretty damn good right out of the box.

Keep at it Ave, I'd rather just buy from you guys, but 39 by itself just isn't doing it for me.

I'm happy to hear you had a similar experience as me!

to keep my tongue happy, I go half and half, or quarter sludge, or a quarter 39...just depends...but It works for me!

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
I gotta say this(I really don't want to because I want Flavor 39 to remain available just like it is right now)...I really REALLY like this!!! The thing I absolutely loved about BB was that prune-like note. Most people said 'raisin' but I always tasted prunes...not raisins. Taste is subjective. And that note is prominent just like my beloved Boba's Bounty! When I opened this teeny-weeny bottle I smelled BB and I smelled faint chocolate(which is odd, as I never smelled chocolate in BB. I know some people did, but I never noticed it).
Next...the color. It's sort of a medium brownish(not dark) red-tinged color.
The flavor? Indescribable just like Boba's Bounty was. But like its' predecessor, I taste a unique tobacco(that really melds into other flavors. It's sweet, but not overtly sweet. It's so hard to put this flavor into words. I almost want to say there's a citrus feel hidden in there but i can't be sure. It's been 4 years since I had that beloved Boba's Bounty...but this Flavor 39 really convinces my memory that this is exactly what it tasted like. If someone poured this into an original Boba's bottle and gave it to me? I couldn't tell the difference. I can honestly say that this 6mL bottle will not last me the rest of the evening. I am vaping it on my Snow Wolf mini at 42.3 watts on my CLT mini RDA at 0.31 ohms. Kanthal with Japanese cotton. At 52 watts, I lose that raisiny/pruny flavor somewhat(but It's still there in the background playing with the tobacco) and a sweet....SOMEthing flavor comes forward. I can't tell what the heck the flavor is. And at 75 watts...It's bizarre and hard to explain. But something in it makes my salivary glands water.Sweet, tangy, slight hint of tobacco/raisin or prune...i just can't explain it and I apologize for that. I personally prefer it at 42.8 watts so I get every flavor out of it that I can. Especially the prune(which other people have said is raisin to their sense of taste). Whatever the wattage, this is smooth, smooth, SMOOTH!!
I feel as though I'm vaping Boba's Bounty. But I have none of the original in my possession anymore to compare it to. I hate to swear but I &#@$ing LOVE this!! And guess who just finished paying for a 100mL 3mg bottle of Flavor 39? Yep. I actually did that. I couldn't wait until the May 25th 10% off special. But with free shipping(i guess for bigger bottles it's free?? I paid for shipping for this little bottle) and cashing in my old reward points it came out to be a smidgen over 10% off. My only gripe??? That I have to nurse this 6mL bottle somehow until my 100mL comes in. I am so glad I saw this thread & ordered that small bottle and am 100% satisfied that I have my beloved Boba's Bounty back in my mouth!
If anyone who loved Boba is curious, you owe it to yourself to at least order the smallest 6mL bottle. I pray not many of you will like it so it is not impossible to get as its' predecessor was. Thank you Ben!!! This is as close as it gets! If I didn't know any better, I would swear you put original BB in this bottle so I would be addicted again!! I freaking love AVE for this amazing juice!!!! Flavor 39 has brought me back hΩ again.

EDIT:
PS. Even though I initially smell very faint chocolate when I open the bottle, I don't taste it. But then again, I never tasted it in the original either. I am very interested to see if those people who tasted raisins, graham, and chocolate taste it in this flavor as well.

Reactions: jifjifjif

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
After all the reviews I read I had high hopes. Anyone wishing to order to scratch their Boba's itch I have to highly recommend against this juice. There maybe, far in the nether reaches in the utmost corner of the palate, was the faint memory of a shadow of Boba, that was about it. There is a very common tobacco base being used here that I recognize from a great many artibaccos, and unfortunately for me that flavor makes me nauseous. As usual with juices using this base I couldn't wash the flavor out of my mouth. It's just not for me. I can see some who like artibaccos enjoying this. I found the flavor impact a little light in the loafers leaving me with a dry mouth and hard TH. However I will say this, this is the only juice with this tobacco base flavor that I have ever been able to stomach and that is saying ALOT. The overall flavor blend here was clearly done with care and I appreciate that. The throat hit is pretty severe, unnecessarily so in my opinion but again that might just be me, and as with many AVE juices it produces mass plumes.

I really really wanted this to work for me, if not as a Boba replacement at least as a solid juice that could make my rotation, but it simply doesn't on any level. I do not recommend buying the hype that this is similar in any way to Bobas because it just was not the case for me at all. However as an interesting, steady artibacco it is worth a try.

Last edited:

FerrariRed_82

Jun 4, 2016
I'm prompted to make this post because of a narrative I've seen reflected in a few responses on our new Flavor 39.

This new flavor is similar to Boba's Bounty but not an exact match or mirror flavor. We have a more new flavors on the horizon and all of them are new tobacco flavors. They will all aim to meet the standard Boba's Bounty has set for our company, but none of them will be Boba's Bounty. Different ingredients, different recipe, different name. Flavor 39 hits on 4 points that are similar to the Boba's flavor but there are areas where it doesn't match up.

We've all seen long forum posts where customers do an excellent job of trying to recreate the Boba's Bounty flavor with only limited success. We've seen other companies attempt to take the name and apply it to their own juices with no lasting effect. It's a unique blend and, for good reasons, it nearly impossible to recreate fully.

Flavor 39 is a smooth and rich tobacco flavor it has a golden/amber (amber in the bottle more golden in a carto) coloring and vapes like a champ. It mixes excellently with Banana and will be a base for a new Banana/Tobacco flavoring we have coming out at the same time(Simian Slam).

I'm sorry if I've misinformed anyone about what this new flavor was intended to be, but it is not intended to be a Boba's Bounty mirror. I'll address this to my team as well so that their customer service responses don't mislead anyone. If this has happened already I apologize.

To recap: Flavor 39 is a good and smooth tobacco flavor. It is not a flavor match to Boba's, only similar. I personally feel it's a flavor that could compete.

FerrariRed_82

Jun 4, 2016
Yes Boba's is hard to recreate however not impossible. Although some of the flavorings no longer exist there's more than one way to make Mac & Cheese so to speak. I spent months reading over the Boba's clone thread realizing very well that most of the ingredients named off were not even close. It takes a trained palette to really identify true flavors and how they come together. So with that I realized again theres more than one way to make Mac & Cheese. A good example is Coke and Pepsi. Nobody will ever be able to truely recreate Coke because it has an ingredient that only they are allowed to source, however you have companies like Pepsi and RC Cola who make similar representations even though some of the ingredients are different. I took this knowledge and found an original bottle of Boba's for cloning purposes. I guarantee you I'm not using the same ingredients as the original, but I spent a long time testing and finding ones that could mimick the flavors. It's a really close copy to the original I like to call Bobas Revenge.

Reactions: Jshill520

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Yes Boba's is hard to recreate however not impossible. Although some of the flavorings no longer exist there's more than one way to make Mac & Cheese so to speak. I spent months reading over the Boba's clone thread realizing very well that most of the ingredients named off were not even close. It takes a trained palette to really identify true flavors and how they come together. So with that I realized again theres more than one way to make Mac & Cheese. A good example is Coke and Pepsi. Nobody will ever be able to truely recreate Coke because it has an ingredient that only they are allowed to source, however you have companies like Pepsi and RC Cola who make similar representations even though some of the ingredients are different. I took this knowledge and found an original bottle of Boba's for cloning purposes. I guarantee you I'm not using the same ingredients as the original, but I spent a long time testing and finding ones that could mimick the flavors. It's a really close copy to the original I like to call Bobas Revenge.
Have you posted you recipe
have you posted the recipe somewhere?

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Awesome, glad you are having some success. I'm still wondering if the change was on the tobacco end of the spectrum or some other flavor like diacetyl or something. With flavor 39 the tobacco is there but the famous secret ingredient is nowhere to be found. I've added sweetener and it makes it a little closer but that nice buttery and raisin flavor just won't happen.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Wow, not sure how I double-posted. (probably had something to do with Gin & Tonics)

Anyway, 39 is my go to juice, and I've given up on adding anything. I sure miss whatever it is we're missing, so don't give up on it Ben.

BTW, if you have an old bottle of the good stuff, whatever you do, don't sample it!!! (no matter how many Gin & Tonics you've had) ...you'll ruin 39 for a week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread