Flavor combinations given a slap in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No drug talk allowed especially in conjunction with vaping generally. That includes (EDITED) or any derivatives from anything on the ECF (other than nicotine and tobacco). I know somewhere (might check the new members forum) there is a thread that explains the rationale which includes the fact of keeping vaping focused on harm reduction from tobacco usage and etc., which is what this board is for. Hope that helps.

Anna

Last edited by a moderator:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    All flavors are inhaled, you can't taste right without smell, and you couldn't keep them from smelling even if you didn't need it. But vaping does take aroma to a more visceral level.

I did not get the impression that we should vape diketones, so I never did, just bought those which are free of diacetyl, acetoin, acetyl propionyl and butyric acid.
    F.e. the DX-flavors by TFA.

The DX flavors are full of butyric acid essentially by definition, they were all diketone-containing flavors where the diketones were replaced. If you want to avoid all that, you need to avoid anything with a DX or V2 version. The one DX I tried grossed me out after a while, will not be trying again.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    No, it's just that the automatic word filter doesn't pick up everything. It's kind of recommended that you don't try to figure out ways around it, by using words that the word filter doesn't automatically pick up especially if done repeatedly. With that said, I'm not a mod, just passing along what I know... :)

Anna

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    TFA does not mention butyric acid in:

Perfumers Apprentice - DX Hazelnut Flavor

Perfumers Apprentice - DX Butterscotch Flavor
    etc.

But it's a long time ago that I ordered from USA; since then I only order diketones-free flavors in the Netherlands.

Those aren't the the ingredient lists. DX Hazelnut: Perfumer's Apprentice

The index: Perfumer's Apprentice

Note that while they have more info than most vendors, all ingredients are given as ranges. I did just check the example of Butter Flavor and it has been improved. Previously it was listed as Acetoin >=10%, Acetyl Prop >=10%, PG >=10%, which means that AP could have ranged from 10% to 79.99%!!!! And that doesn't even overlap with the current info.

To tie that back into the original subject, I tend to think it's better to use a little diketones than large quantities of flavoring. I have also heard it suggested that diketones and butyric acid in combination is very bad, which is also more or less a necessary combination to produce yogurt and cheesy flavors. So I don't want to mix DX and original style flavorings.

Last edited:

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    I tend to think it's better to use a little diketones than large quantities of flavoring. [/QUOTE said:
    After smoking 20-25 cigarettes (or shag) per day during 43 years, I still did not have any fysical problem, but got curious about vaping which I do since 10 years (MtL with maxVG by PG-allergy).
    Nicotine free base VG + VG flavors give no throat hit, so should taste stronger by a higher percentage of flavor.
    I am very sorry for other people who had problems, but for myself I can't worry about problems which I don't experience, and it's not my intention to start smoking tobacco again.

Reactions: Letitia

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Knock it off

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't think vaping advocacy has anything to do with drug policy in fact given the direction things are going of late with this administration, I'd be steering REEEEELLLLLYYY clear of drug talk combined with vaping.

Our new attn'y general just put something in motion regarding drugs recently that would make vapers shrivel in horror if it happened to vaping so.... ?????

Anna

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread