Flavor Concentrates DIY what to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EgoLife

Aug 8, 2013
Miami Beach
Ok.... So I was checking out Wizard Labs and wow do they have a list of flavors.... Could spend all day there. I see they offer flavors from other companies as well or is that what they do just list em?

anyways... I'm wondering what flavors to get I would really like to get like somewhere close to 20 flavors for diversity but seeing what people post about all these recipes I feel like I need to get closer to 50 flavors :-/

is there a set of flavors I can start with? Should I go crazy just start choosing.... Apple, kiwi, cranberry, vanilla, cotton candy, honey, apple pie, passion fruit, idk do you know? Lol I am worried I am gonna spend a bit of money I'd rather get some opinions here.

And yes there are recipe threads but this isn't about recipes it's about starting and what to choose, guessing stuff that can compliment each other for mixing later ? I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the feedback everyone much appreciated :)

Marjolein

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Nederland
It all depends on what you like. If you're into tobacco's you're going into a completely other flavor selection than when you're into fruits and drinks for example. If you like fruits, the flavourart flavours are outstanding (to me at least). But if you ask someone else, they might think you need to buy TFA. It's so personal. That's why it's hard to give an advise.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Well sweet tooth now chocolate is hard to do so, skip that for now.

I'd get:
Caramel
Cream
Vanilla
Red Apple
Raspberry
White Chocolate
Butter
Peanut Butter
Sweetener
Tobacco Absolute
Honeywood tobacco
Black Sesame (to be use one drop at a time - very strong, smell horrid in the bottle but really does add that toasted nut taste when used very sparingly.)

Those will give you enough to start on, and combine for things like caramel apple, or a sweet, mild tobacco, or caramel candy, berries and cream, etc..

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Wizard labs, ECigExpress, and OneStopDIYShop all provide multiple vendor choices. Some of the more popular flavor vendors include TFA (The flavors apprentice), Capella, Flavor West, LorAnn, Hangsen, and FlavourArt. Everybody has their favorites for each particular flavor (ex - I like Capellas Sweet Tangerine, Hangsen's tobaccos, and TFA's creams), but there are no guarantees, as you may find something that I love disgusting.

Wizard Labs seems to be primarily selling LorAnns and TFA stuff, so I would check out a more diverse website if you're just getting started like ECX. As others have said, choose which recipes/flavors you want and ask advice on which vendor sells the "best" (no such thing) one. We can help you after you've narrowed down which particular flavors you're shooting for. Even though you say you have a sweet tooth, that could mean a sweet tobacco, sweet creamy fruits, dessert vapes, or even gummy/candy vapes.

I would suggest getting -

A cream base you like (bavarian cream, vanilla custard)
Menthol 10% solution and Koolada 10% solution
'Butterfly farts' (see Hoosier's blog) such as ethyl maltol (EM)
Categorized flavors (fruits, crackery flavors, desserts, tobaccos, drinks)
A few easy to produce recipes from the recipe section that sound good to you.

Then just start experimenting and asking questions about recipes/vendors/etc. This community is very helpful and willing to share experience. Best of luck to you in your DIY adventures and be sure to keep us posted.

EgoLife

Aug 8, 2013
Miami Beach
Well sweet tooth now chocolate is hard to do so, skip that for now.

I'd get:
Caramel
Cream
Vanilla
Red Apple
Raspberry
White Chocolate
Butter
Peanut Butter
Sweetener
Tobacco Absolute
Honeywood tobacco
Black Sesame (to be use one drop at a time - very strong, smell horrid in the bottle but really does add that toasted nut taste when used very sparingly.)

Those will give you enough to start on, and combine for things like caramel apple, or a sweet, mild tobacco, or caramel candy, berries and cream, etc..

I like these recommendations. Well to go a little more into it I guess I am not big into chocolate at all... Strawberry I've tried and liked, tried something called passion fruit and it was good as well. I am gonna try some more tonight since ill have access to five different flavors so we will see...

My sweet tooth cravings are like strawberry shortcake, flan :) (is there a flan flavor??!!) caramel, gummy bears, sour candy... Hmmm all sorts of ice cream and creams sound awesome. I am not a fan of tobacco flavors like regular cigarettes but I have and still do like the occasional black and mild flavor but I only do that like once a month or two months :p so just giving some insight. I think I'm gonna go with a lot of these flavors u put up if u could think of anything else please feel free to post up some more recommendations.

And yea I'm gonna look at ECX to see what flavors they have as well.

Marjolein

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Nederland
I like these recommendations. Well to go a little more into it I guess I am not big into chocolate at all... Strawberry I've tried and liked, tried something called passion fruit and it was good as well. I am gonna try some more tonight since ill have access to five different flavors so we will see...

My sweet tooth cravings are like strawberry shortcake, flan :) (is there a flan flavor??!!) caramel, gummy bears, sour candy... Hmmm all sorts of ice cream and creams sound awesome. I am not a fan of tobacco flavors like regular cigarettes but I have and still do like the occasional black and mild flavor but I only do that like once a month or two months :p so just giving some insight. I think I'm gonna go with a lot of these flavors u put up if u could think of anything else please feel free to post up some more recommendations.

And yea I'm gonna look at ECX to see what flavors they have as well.

Than I'd buy some bakery flavors too. I like Capella's vanilla cupcake, cake batter, graham cracker, vanilla custard, vanilla for an icecream blend, dulce de leche, strawberry and cream, pralines and cream, cinnamon danish swirl. Moms and pops Ry4 v02. There is a flan recipe here somewhere that must be great.

EgoLife

Aug 8, 2013
Miami Beach
agreed, I am gonna post a thread later this evening to see who has the best Flan flavored recipe. I am gonna look at Capella's and unfortunately not familiar with all the companies so who is NF?

Thank you for all the tips guys, I am gonna write them all down on a list and pick up my top 15-20 that I am gonna start with :)

I vow to be king of mixologists! lol

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
I've only used TFA so far but I have to say the must haves for me are:

Juicy Peach
Honeysuckle
Cinnamon
Bavarian Cream
RY4
DK tobacco
Hazelnut
Menthol
Koolada
Absinthe
Horehound
Key Lime
Dragonfruit

I have over 100$ worth of flavors from them (including shipping on 4 separate orders) and have a lot to try. They are not all great or spot on but so far the above will be in my flavor collection. When I re-order I'm getting the 15ml size on all of those.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I've only used TFA so far but I have to say the must haves for me are:

Juicy Peach
Honeysuckle
Cinnamon
Bavarian Cream
RY4
DK tobacco
Hazelnut
Menthol
Koolada
Absinthe
Horehound
Key Lime
Dragonfruit

I have over 100$ worth of flavors from them (including shipping on 4 separate orders) and have a lot to try. They are not all great or spot on but so far the above will be in my flavor collection. When I re-order I'm getting the 15ml size on all of those.

try the TFA Toasted Almond, 15%- off the hook good

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
What % do you mix the key lime at? Is it a tank cracker? I've yet to find a good lemon or lime.

13% for me. I need some bakery flovors though. 48 hr steep lets it mature and it tastes great. I don't use anything but pyrex or SS tanks so I can't comment on that. Maybe the TFA flavor thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread