Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My memory of the issue with Chinese flavorings is that the Chinese flavor palate and the western flavor palate are different. Because of this while a flavor may be tasty it’s kind of random for it to taste like the thing described to someone with a western palate. If I was brought up in China or a country with a similar food culture I would probably prefer the Chinese flavorings to western ones.

Another issue is there are a lot of things that are legal to use in China that are not legal to use in the USA so there’s a “what the heck is IN this stuff?” safety aspect.

Odd factoid I learned watching random YouTube videos:
According to this guy who lived in China, China is the world’s largest smuggler of baby formula. Not out of China, INTO China. The reason is a while back a Chinese baby formula manufacturer discovered that they could game the protein content testing by adding ground up floor tile to their baby formula. A bunch of babies died. As a result the Chinese Populace no longer trusts Chinese made baby formula at all, and there is this gigantic underground industry of smurfing legal quantities of western baby formula across the border. The local companies responded by making counterfeits of the western formula so the populace now only want the black market stuff.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@Ethan diy, you STILL can't find the DIY E-Liquid sub-forum? :rolleyes::laugh:

Hangsen (aka. HS), and Super Concentrates (aka. SC; not to be confused with the "super concentrated/SC" designator some flavor mfgs. are adding to their flavor names); are two popular/common Chinese flavor manufacturers that have wide acceptance in the DIY community. I use both; and find them to be of quality, and consistently good.

Both are known for making good tobacco, and fruit, concentrates. Both also have a good reputation for being fairly potent. Hangsen I often use around 4-4.5%. And, SC I always start at 3%, and adjust from there.
:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hey all I've been hearing some good reviews about flavor concentrates that are manufactured in China

In addition to what @smacuser and @IDJoel recommended above as far as Chinese flavorings...

If I were you, I'd try to find a vendor or website that's either in your country, or will ship to your country, that sells the commonly used eliquid flavorings (ie. TFA, CAP, FW, FA, etc.). About 2 years ago I was helping a member get started with DIY, who lived in India. While vaping is/was frowned upon in most areas there and supplies were not easy to obtain...we did find websites within his country that carried the name brand flavorings and shipped to him. Maybe there are some in yours, too.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
:lol: hey Joel!
Thank you all.. I guess I'd better stick to the regulars...huh?
Wouldn't want anybody to protien up my flavorings.
Of course HS & SC are regulars.
The issue as I understand it is not that China doesn’t have a consumer law basis but that it’s new and spottily enforced. The folks who made the floor tile baby powder were arrested. China has good established brands, and if the stuff says it meets western safety standards it likely does, unless you got a counterfeit. Their trademark laws are a LOT looser. Beware in particular of seemingly misspelled words or minor typos which could mean the product you’re buying isn’t the product you thought you were buying.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Just letting you all know that I found a seemingly reliable CO. In China .. But the prices are not that different .. They sell a 125ml bottle of flavoring which is about 4oz... For 10$ then there's shipping from China and you can't get it by regular mail cause liquids are not aloud etc... Not worth it price wise.. Best stick to the conventional flavors IMHO.
Cheers

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have no issue using Chinese products but I will not consume nor allow a pet of mine to consume any product of China. Over the last several decades Chinese make-up, food products, and pet food products shipped to the US have been found to contain all sorts of toxins, carcinogens, lead, and even euthanasia drugs in the pet food. While I hate the FDA's ham handedness at regulating vape stuff, I totally appreciate their regulation of my food. So for me, I don't care how tasty their juice is, it's going to be a hard pass for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread