Flavor descriptions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK67

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
New Jersey
Why do e-juice vendors think that they don't owe the people spending their hard earned money a description of the flavor they are buying? Do they think everyone wants a surprise when they fill their tanks? I've seen them actually say TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT. Now I've found a vendor that won't even tell me the VG/PG ratio for fear of being copied????

Last edited:

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I absolutely hate it.

"Awesome Sauce"
"Try this juice! We all love it here. And you will too! It really IS awesome!"

And the picture is a unicorn flying over Mt. Rushmore.

Why would I spend money on that if I have ZERO clue what it's going to taste like?! Especially on juices that have zero reviews, or the reviews they DO have, the user makes no mention of the flavor.

And obviously, the above is just an amalgamation of many juices from many vendors.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I agree. I was in another thread called All Day Vapes or something similar to that. From all of the different names I had no clue what they were supposed to taste like. Apparently they want you to research from other users what it tastes like. For instance Boba's Bounty (I think) was on quite a few of people's all day vape. I researched it and so many people have differing opinions as to what it tastes like. And apparently it tastes differently as it ages...maybe that's why they don't give a description?

Still be nice to have a general idea if it was in the tobacco, fruit, or sweet category though.

JMK67

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
New Jersey
Has anyone tasted something foul in a company's liquid, every flavor, and you seem to be the only person that tastes it?
Spinfuel magazine gives it their highest award, and nobody says anything about a taste or smell that is in every flavor? I'm guessing it must be a base they use? I have whole orders from 3 or 4 companies that are unusable in my opinion, but others rave about them... The cheap company's liquid all tastes like it has dishwashing detergent in it, for example.

wbart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Easton, MD, USA
Has anyone tasted something foul in a company's liquid, every flavor, and you seem to be the only person that tastes it?
Spinfuel magazine gives it their highest award, and nobody says anything about a taste or smell that is in every flavor? I'm guessing it must be a base they use? I have whole orders from 3 or 4 companies that are unusable in my opinion, but others rave about them... The cheap company's liquid all tastes like it has dishwashing detergent in it, for example.
I have had that issue as well... I had one juice that actually made me ill. It is a B&M not around me though

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Yes, a lot of the bigger suppliers have very unique bases. Either you're going to love it or hate it.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
even for the juices that supposedly change as the age like Bobba's Bounty (for the record I have never tried it) where everyones decription is different. They sure as hell know what they put into it, or I HOPE they do, why not say has X, and y plus a trade secret? Another is Gorrilla joe, is that banana coffee? but the worst I have seen is PC hype no description at all. And i'm not picking on AV there's also things like:
DEADLY SIN
A sweet, bakery tobacco vape. A description will never do this one justice. It's my all day vape. It's become the only juice I vape. Some flavors are made for each other and blend perfectly.

Unless they is NO consistency in the juices make up TELL ME what i'm paying for, or make it seem worth my while to gambleI.E. Mystery flavor SAVE $2 per ML, but you get what you get.. unlabeled XPG/YVG zzMG/ML juice..

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
No, but I can use plastic clearos and not taste the plastic either. And metal drip tips don't bother me either. That's not to say what you're saying isn't true, it's just that my taste isn't that acute.

I'm not understanding the Spinfuel magazine awards. Seems like the ads and sponsors are the juices they reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread