Flavor Different Squonking than Dripping on Hadaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
I recently fell in love with dripping (Hadaly). I figured the next step would be squonking, so I bought the hcigar VT Inbox.
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the flavor is completely different when I squonk than when I drip on the same coil. So, for the past week, I have just been dripping on my new squonker which is pointless.

Is the problem as simple as I have the wick wrong? I've tried messing with a couple different lengths and widths of cotton, but it still doesnt have the same great flavor when I squonk.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I've tried google and it seems that it's just me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I recently fell in love with dripping (Hadaly). I figured the next step would be squonking, so I bought the hcigar VT Inbox.
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the flavor is completely different when I squonk than when I drip on the same coil. So, for the past week, I have just been dripping on my new squonker which is pointless.

Is the problem as simple as I have the wick wrong? I've tried messing with a couple different lengths and widths of cotton, but it still doesnt have the same great flavor when I squonk.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I've tried google and it seems that it's just me.

Dripping from the bottom or dripping from the top should produce the exact same experience.

Good luck
I

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Dripping from the bottom or dripping from the top should produce the exact same experience.

Good luck
I

Agreed. If your wick, coil, air, and wattage are all the same - the vape will be the same. I have never dripped with any of my Hadalys but expect that all things being equal it would vape the same.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
Thank you all for your replies!
1.) I have been dripping directly on the coil every other hit or so. I believe that is where I have been getting the intense flavor that I have become addicted to.
2.) The flavor I have been getting from squonking has been less intense/more dry. When I looked at the wick, it appeared to be saturated. I will try to make it a point from now on to squeeze to the point of almost leaking and see if that is my problem (not enough squeezing).

DIY ejuice is my hobby and I'm just being overly picky.
Thank you again for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread