Status
Not open for further replies.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I have been vaping with a KR808 for a couple of weeks now (my first time vaping purchase) and have recently purchased a Joye eGo w/510 atomizer to try out. My question is this: Why do I get a more favorable vape when I use the KR808? With my eGo, I have tried using cartos, direct dripping, and filling carts for use with the atomizer; however, the result is still a real lack of flavor, but with great vapor! Also, I've been using a 50/50 mix and a 70/30 mix.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
My favorite atomizer is the M601XL or M301. It's similar in design to the 510 atomizers, but has a much better flavor. All the 510 atomizers I've tried have a kind of off taste, like primer, that never seems to go away no matter how much I use or clean them.

Are these compatible with the Joye ego?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Cylinder Type B is an awesome atomizer for the eGo. They are huge and produce huge plumes of vapor. They gurgle but actually don't flood. I have yet to figure out why they do that but I have about 25 of them and they all do it. It doesn't bother me about the gurgling but I ususally get laughed at by other eGo users up until I have them take a toot. Then they want to know where to get them. MyFreedomSmokes sells them. Use coupon code smoke and it gives you 40 percent off all hardware.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
Cylinder Type B is an awesome atomizer for the eGo. They are huge and produce huge plumes of vapor. They gurgle but actually don't flood. I have yet to figure out why they do that but I have about 25 of them and they all do it. It doesn't bother me about the gurgling but I ususally get laughed at by other eGo users up until I have them take a toot. Then they want to know where to get them. MyFreedomSmokes sells them. Use coupon code smoke and it gives you 40 percent off all hardware.

Thanx Hairball!....sounded funny saying that! I just went to the site to check it out. Are you talking about the Joye ego Mega Atomizer (cylinder)?

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Thanx Java! Now...where would I find a magma 510? I've heard of 510 "mega" atomizers and cartridges, are they the same as what you are talking about?

magmas are put out by volcano ecigs. But i am pretty sure Bauway makes em for them. Bauways are sold by quite a few places Madvapes is one that comes to mind.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA

My concern isn't so much about the vapor plumes that I get because I am getting plenty of that with the 510 atomizer now. My issue is with the lack of flavor as compared to the KR808D-1 that I was (am still am) using. There is such a difference in the taste of the liquids between the two. I reallllly like my ego and want it to produce the same flavor as the 808. Maybe I need to just try out one of the low resistance atomizers ya think? If so, which one? I see a Bauway 510 that has 2.5 ohms on madvapes?

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
No, I just got my ego a couple days ago. I was reading about the LR atomizers and the comments were that they died really quick. Have you heard this about them? I would hate to buy them only to have them last a couple days because they are rather spendy.

I've been using the same 1.7 LR atty for like 8 weeks albeit I don't drip all the time but it still works, can't say the same for my ego though it killed my month old 650mAh ego battery yesterday.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
You could also, for cheaper, use an adapter on your eGo to go from 510 to the 808-D/901 and use those cartomizers and see if that helps get the flavor you liked.

That's one possible solution that I'm going to be trying. I already have an order in for an adapter from goodprophets. It'll look kind of silly with all the different colored cartos I have...but if it works what the heck!

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I've been using the same 1.7 LR atty for like 8 weeks albeit I don't drip all the time but it still works, can't say the same for my ego though it killed my month old 650mAh ego battery yesterday.

OMG...that's what I would dread happening!....Think I'll just pass on that idea, LOL

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA

Ok...went to that site and ordered some to try...couldn't pass up the great discount you gave me...makes it worthwhile for experimenting (which is the stage I am in at this time)....thanx again hairball :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
All the 510 atomizers I've tried have a kind of off taste, like primer, that never seems to go away no matter how much I use or clean them.

Hi Folks, It's the --never seems to go away no matter-- part that I'm having trouble understanding. I've seen several posts like that so doubtlessly it's being experienced, yet most folks, including me, report just the opposite. I've certainly experienced the off taste, but cleaning always solves it for me. (for example) I have three Joye 510 attys that I've had for over four months. Using them with standard batts and a 3.7 volt passthrough, and carts, I used them for almost three months before I had to clean all three. When I finally did clean, I removed the few strands of silica from under the bridge, used a few drops of H2O2 to clean them and now they are performing good as new. I also removed the bridge on one of them for dripping, and I can't imagine a more 'clean' tasting vape than dripping provides. No wonders so many folks are big on dripping. :) I also clean or replace the poly in my carts, and I never get a taste from them, yet lots of people report that they do get an off taste from poly. Conclusion: Well, the only thing different is removing the few strands of silica from under the bridge. Very easy to do,and if you want to tackle it, this vid shows you how. Start it at about 5:15 as he takes a long time before he gets into actually removing the wicking material. YouTube - How to remove your Wick (Mod)

Last edited:

grantemsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Ontario
I've tried them at a variety of voltages (3.2, 3.7, 4.2 and 5), vaped at least a couple mL through them (dripping, no carts), cleaned them by forcing water through them with a syringe then dry burning, and tried removing the wick. No matter what I do they still have that slightly off taste.

Maybe it's the brands I've tried. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread