Flavor / mixing organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I'd love to hear how everyone is storing / organizing their flavors and mixing tools. Right now I'm mixing out of 3 medium sized cardboard boxes that hold everything.. :( I haul it all into the kitchen when needed, then put it back up in the office when done. Every week it seems like I'm getting more stuff in the mail.. more flavors, pipettes, bottles, etc..

Any fancy flavor bottle holders or mixing cases out there? What is everyone doing as far as keeping their 'kit' organized?

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
Thanks! I thought about tackle boxes (I actually use one for my rba supplies), but how do you get to the bottles you need.. the labels are facing forward and all you see looking down is the top of the cap? Or do you just memorize it after a while?

EDIT - or is it something like this?

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/181530_ts.jpg

What do you do with 30ml and larger bottles?

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I have all my TFA from Wizard Labs stored in these:

MTM Dual Gauge Shell Cases | Bass Pro Shops

They fit into the tackle/tool box I keep everything in. You can't see the labels, so I write the initials of whatever it is on the cap with a white pen. It at least lets me know which ones to pull up and which ones I can ignore. Syringes, etc. go into the top tray.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I have all my TFA from Wizard Labs stored in these:

MTM Dual Gauge Shell Cases | Bass Pro Shops

They fit into the tackle/tool box I keep everything in. You can't see the labels, so I write the initials of whatever it is on the cap with a white pen. It at least lets me know which ones to pull up and which ones I can ignore. Syringes, etc. go into the top tray.

Nice! What size of bottle does that hold? Do the 1oz TFA bottles fit? I've got a lot of those on the way.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Last edited:

wallacecarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
I use tackle boxes also. Zip lock baggies for other things. Labeling is very important I use avery and a inkjet with a piece of scotch tape over the label, failed to label well in the beginning and ended up with about 6, 1 oz bottles I have no clue what flavor was in them. I get bottles in volume from fastech, best price I have found. Keeping recipes stored in the e juice calc. Still working to organize better.

Wallace

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks! I thought about tackle boxes (I actually use one for my RBA supplies), but how do you get to the bottles you need.. the labels are facing forward and all you see looking down is the top of the cap? Or do you just memorize it after a while?

EDIT - or is it something like this?

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/181530_ts.jpg

What do you do with 30ml and larger bottles?

When my tackle boxes open the trays fold out so as long as the labels are facing up there pretty easy to see. 30ml bottles fit in the trays just fine.

http://www.kmart.com/plano-3-tray-d...W081700911912P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Last edited:

jgoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
United States
I am lucky enough to have a man cave with a 4x6 table for gaming, and a 6 year old that doesn't mess with dad's stuff lol. One corner now has a restaurant sized cutting board, that I have all my diy stuff (-nic) sitting on. It's nice to have everything sitting out so you can easily identify what you want. If I need it moved, I can pick up the whole thing and sit it elsewhere without much hassle.

As a side note, if you can find someone that shoots large caliber rounds, I bet a WL vial would fit nicely in the plastic ammo box insert that comes in every box of .45 ammo.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I have a couple of craft boxes (I guess that's what they are). They have a bunch of separators (some that can be moved to make compartments bigger or smaller). I have different flavors in different compartments: vanillas in one, tobaccos in another... fruits, nut/bread/cookie, etc.. I can't see the labels when they're in there so, like Coeli, I label the tops of the lids.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
I organize my stuff in a few ways. I drilled holes in a craft box and rig with wire or make dividers with cardboard (from vape mail).

5usy2asu.jpg

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I have a block of stuff that's like styrofoam made of plastic. I have been adding holes to it for new flavors as they come (they've doubled since this pic, I'll need a bigger block soon). For now it fits in my storage box well, and I get it free so I'm not complaining! As far as knowing what flavor is where, they're just in alphabetical order so I grab one and sometimes get lucky, or grab another nearby which is usually the one. :)
y5upu4e2.jpg

Sent from the hand not holding my PV using Tapatalk

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I keep my supplies in a 3 drawer filling cabinet but I'm quickly running out of room and have bottles and whatnots sitting all over my computer desk. My problem is it takes me about an hour to clean up/put up all the stuff I drag out when I'm mixing...10 minutes to mix a batch of juice and an hour of reorganizing everything...

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
I am just slowly taking over a drawer or cabinet in every room of the house. One day I will get brave and throw everything away that is in the closet of my gaming room. I haven't opened that closet in two years. :)

Good ideas on the ammo boxes guys.

In my head I'm organized, but frankly, it's everywhere. Between diy, bats, and clearos/cartos, my bf is very tolerant.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I keep my supplies in a 3 drawer filling cabinet but I'm quickly running out of room and have bottles and whatnots sitting all over my computer desk. My problem is it takes me about an hour to clean up/put up all the stuff I drag out when I'm mixing...10 minutes to mix a batch of juice and an hour of reorganizing everything...

Lol. That's why I keep just what I use often in my "black box". The big bottles and empties are all tucked away in my closet. I refill the smaller bottles when needed, and I can take my box anywhere that I feel like mixing. When I'm done with each ingredient it goes right back in the box. When I'm all finished mixing, I just have to wipe down the area, clean my "utensils", and I'm done. :)

Sent from the hand not holding my PV using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread