Flavor Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedneckHippy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2010
Dallas
Hello Ya'll,

New to vaping. Or will be when my supplies show up later this week. I opted to go for the DIY right from the beginning. I'm a Field service Technician by trade, so tinkering is cool with me. I bought Nic juice(60mg 50/50,VG,PG, and some 0nic flavoring and I had a few questions for you yeterans out there:

1: Whats a good starting % of flavoring for single flavor mixing? (using the cool calculators that ya'll have put out)
2: I bought some Menthol crystals. The site I got them from says mix with PG but I am reading all sorts of threads about mixing with PGA. Which one should I use?
3: Are Vaporbomb flavors any good?
4: Scubabatdan's calculator is really cool, But what if I am using a 50/50 PG/VG Nic base?

Thanx in advance for the help

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Welcome!

Yeah, as mentioned above, flavoring can have a wide range. I'm a strong flavor guy and mine range from 3-30% depending on flavor and flavor manufacturer.

Never used Vaper Bomb or anything with "Vape" in the name as far as flavoring goes.

Yes, I mixed my menthol in PGA. Crushed them up and added just enough PGA to disolve it. Strong stuff. Use it more like a spice than a flavoring.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I make my flavored Ejuice in lil 6 ml bottles and I use between 3 drops and 15 drops of flavoring- depending on the type. Some are insanely potent and you have to use just a little:) I make my stock of Nic juice and VG in a 60 ml bottle and then pour that into lil 6 ml bottles. I usually put 5 ml of my stock into the 6ml bottles and then add 3-15 drops to that and shake.

I've never used any of VaporBomb's flavorings but have used Vapor Renu and love theirs. I've ordered 10 flavorings in the last 3 weeks and liked 9 of the 10 so I'm very happy with them.

Lori

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
It will be personal preference. On some tobacco flavors (PA Camtel) I use as little as 4%. Same with PA Mt. Dew at about 6%. Some mixes which I am using 3 or 4 flavors the % jumps to 15 - 17%. I am sure you have read all the DIY sticky's so you should be all set. Also Breaktru has a nice calculator that is really simple to use and has a recipe database:

http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/

Best of luck, happy cooking and let us know how you make out. Also as I am sure you know 60mg/ml is way to high to vape and I hope you grabbed some plain PG & VG to cut it down with.

RedneckHippy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2010
Dallas
It will be personal preference. On some tobacco flavors (PA Camtel) I use as little as 4%. Same with PA Mt. Dew at about 6%. Some mixes which I am using 3 or 4 flavors the % jumps to 15 - 17%. I am sure you have read all the DIY sticky's so you should be all set. Also Breaktru has a nice calculator that is really simple to use and has a recipe database:

eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator

Best of luck, happy cooking and let us know how you make out. Also as I am sure you know 60mg/ml is way to high to vape and I hope you grabbed some plain PG & VG to cut it down with.

Yep, I bought VG and PG

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Silkac, just curious...are the Vapor Renu DIY flavorings very concentrated. I am interested in the Bavarian Cream and the Dulce de leche....just scared to try them as they are expensive but 30ml?????

Some are insanely potent and some are normal:) Gingerbread and Rootbeer Float are two that are SO strong. I just ordered the Dulce de leche this week, along with Creme De Menthe, Belgium Waffle, Big Red Gum, Vanilla custard, Banana malt. Ill try to let you know how it is:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread