RDA Flavor RDA with open airflow + more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
I am looking for an rda with really good flavor and an airy draw. The only coil build that I found I like so far for flavor out of my velocity tobeco clone is a dual 22g 5 wrap with a 3mm id. On 24g, 26g, and 28g coil builds I have done, I don't get hardly any taste.

Is there a single coil build I can do to get a warm flavorful vape like my dual 22g 5 wrap? Or a similar build that won't kill my batteries so quickly. That build usually ohms out at about .15 in my velocity clone on my ipv4s, I fire it at 85 watts, and my batteries will be dead within an hour or two if I chain vape it at all.

So I am looking for an rda that has single and dual coil airflow options and one that is really good for flavor. I don't really care how much vapor it produces.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Is there a big difference in taste between rayon and organic japanese cotton?

Not a huge difference. The way I wick rayon, there is a little more prep, but better flavor and heat tolerance. If you haven't tried "Graham's Cellucotton 100% Rayon," PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of feet to try out.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The problem is not your atomizer it's your coils......... There built for clouds. Your building too low, ie too hot. There cooking away the flavor. You have a regulated mod, you don't need to build a coil that produces high wattages, low ohms. Build to a higher ohm rate, what you want to maximise is surface area, and minimized ramp up time, try some twisted 28, or 26, something like this, Coil wrapping

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Not a huge difference. The way I wick rayon, there is a little more prep, but better flavor and heat tolerance. If you haven't tried "Graham's Cellucotton 100% Rayon," PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of feet to try out.

I've never tried any rayon before, always used japanese organic cotton. That would be awesome of you! Thanks.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
The problem is not your atomizer it's your coils......... There built for clouds. Your building too low, ie too hot. There cooking away the flavor. You have a regulated mod, you don't need to build a coil that produces high wattages, low ohms. Build to a higher ohm rate, what you want to maximise is surface area, and minimized ramp up time, try some twisted 28, or 26, something like this, Coil wrapping

As I said in the OP, I have tried 24g, 26g, and 28g builds also but those to me have less flavor than a 22g build. I don't know how to make twisted wire and I don't have a drill to do it. Any simple builds that are good for flavor?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
As I said in the OP, I have tried 24g, 26g, and 28g builds also but those to me have less flavor than a 22g build. I don't know how to make twisted wire and I don't have a drill to do it. Any simple builds that are good for flavor?

I try something like 2x28 twisted dual coil at about .4ohm 5-6wrap on 3mm, Coil wrapping
Actually I'd probably build that at closer to .5ohm or even higher, 6-7wraps.

Twisted wire
Tool needed; 2 S-hooks, something to hang things from and a weight. For a weight I use a 14" pipe wrench. S-hook are made from wire coat hanger. I hang hook in my cieling , I hang stuff from.
1 Take a length of wire and double, triple, quadruple it over, straighten prior if desired.
2 Hook one S-hook over the doubled end, tie the loose end to the other S-hook.
3 Hang one end of the wire from the ceiling.
4 Hang weight from the other hook.
5 Spin weight.
6 Keep spinning till desired "twist pitch" is reached. Or just before...
7. Slowly let wire reverse rotate to release tension.
8 If desire you can always tighten the twist, by spinning more. Going the other way, loosening twist, I would avoid.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
in terms of more complicated builds, both twisted and paraells are easy without a drill or anything like that with patience. For twisted, just get a binder clip, coffee mug, anything like that where you can pull up two halves of the wire and use the mug or binder clip or whatever for twisting. Make sure the leads are firmly gripped (I use a pair of pliers). For paraells, just grap two strands of the same gauge and wrap them like you were doing a regular coil. Obviously though you have two strands of wire instead of one. But for either build you don't need a drill or any special way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread