Flavor West DIY flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraCnT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Hi every one! I purchased my base of 65pg & 35vg. (I add my nic 12mg- pg base seperate) & the flavor west flavoring from Mt. Baker vapor -- flavors as follows:
Sweet cream: I use this at 5% in most everything, I adore it. Although it says sweet, to me it's not.. it kind of balances out a mix, smoothes it. And it is creamy.

Whipped cream: this is another add on for me@ 5%, but this is sweeter. And it's creamy but not as smooth, it has a slight bite.. very good with fruit....

Bavarian cream: again, a add on.but this is sweeter, and smooth and creamy. I put this in fruits and well a lot of mixes.I go higher with this. 7% -10% and light on the fruit, or peanut butter.... Even the toasted almond.I would add the second flavor to taste.

Butter cream: this is very strong, and has a tangy bite.... It smells like pure butter.. and yes, tastes like pure butter. To me it ruined my fruit mixes and the vape scented my room that my daughter thought I was making popcorn lol.... I'm trying to find something to use this with...

Pina colada: awesome! @20% (I like sweet) if I am using the creams I use this at 15%.

Strawberry: I love this strawberry. It's nit a super s.b. it is almost tarty,, but I really like it. I use it at 15% and add a cream at 5%.

Grape: amazing!! It is in the middle of a candy and fruit grape... I've been using this alone at 15%.

Toasted almond: again,, amazing. It tastes like a almond cookie to me. It is perfect at 15-20% depending on my mood.

Butterscotch tobacco: ok.... I used it at 15% it's very very strong... & This one I still have steeping..... And it's been 3 Months lol. It's very dark, almost sludgy and not for me.

Bananas gone nuts: yummy! 15% great alone.

Peanut butter: I haven't tried this yet.. I need another flavor still, to make.... Something lol

Sugar cookie: I used this at 15%, and while tasty, it didn't taste like a sugar cookie.it was good though.... Like a sweet dessert.

Oh,I made 15ml bottles... :)

There are still some I want to try... Blue berry and others... But I am happy with the flavors. In my opinion they don't seem at all to be watered down.... And I haven't had to over flavor anything (unless I wanted it super sweet) I'm also happy with the price.. shipping is super fast,,,, for me it's a win win lol.
I'm enjoying this thread, thank you to the op!!
As I try more I'll add!! Have an amazing day everyone!

Edit to add: I don't normally steep anything.... I mix and vape. I guess it steeps as I go along lol. But the tobaccos definitely need it and the creams do get creamier over time

Last edited:

bckane

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
miramar Fl
Ive ordered several flavors from MBV........Loved the premix Cinnamon Roll. So bought a 15ml bottle of Cinnamon Roll.
made up 3 10ml bottles 50/50.........made at different %'s 10% 15% 20%. Steeped in my Ultra sonic machine.......15x 8minute cycles.
the one bottle at 20% still taste weak compared to their premix...........any suggestions.???

Last edited:

gtseng

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
CA
wow, really happy for your success! I looked at your percentages, it seems confirm my own experience with the same flavor. I use 50/50 PG/VG mixing at 20% flavor total. At first, it seems the flavor is weak. Now after 1 week of steeping, the flavor is coming out better (except for Cinnamon Roll). By the way, the vapes are very satisfying now if I use Phoenix RBA, somewhat weak if I use Vivi Nova.

As far as Cinnamon Roll goes, I up it to 25% and letting it steep further.

Hi every one! I purchased my base of 65pg & 35vg. (I add my nic 12mg- pg base seperate) & the flavor west flavoring from Mt. Baker vapor -- flavors as follows:
Sweet cream: I use this at 5% in most everything, I adore it. Although it says sweet, to me it's not.. it kind of balances out a mix, smoothes it. And it is creamy.

Whipped cream: this is another add on for me@ 5%, but this is sweeter. And it's creamy but not as smooth, it has a slight bite.. very good with fruit....

Bavarian cream: again, a add on.but this is sweeter, and smooth and creamy. I put this in fruits and well a lot of mixes.I go higher with this. 7% -10% and light on the fruit, or peanut butter.... Even the toasted almond.I would add the second flavor to taste.

Butter cream: this is very strong, and has a tangy bite.... It smells like pure butter.. and yes, tastes like pure butter. To me it ruined my fruit mixes and the vape scented my room that my daughter thought I was making popcorn lol.... I'm trying to find something to use this with...

Pina colada: awesome! @20% (I like sweet) if I am using the creams I use this at 15%.

Strawberry: I love this strawberry. It's nit a super s.b. it is almost tarty,, but I really like it. I use it at 15% and add a cream at 5%.

Grape: amazing!! It is in the middle of a candy and fruit grape... I've been using this alone at 15%.

Toasted almond: again,, amazing. It tastes like a almond cookie to me. It is perfect at 15-20% depending on my mood.

Butterscotch tobacco: ok.... I used it at 15% it's very very strong... & This one I still have steeping..... And it's been 3 Months lol. It's very dark, almost sludgy and not for me.

Bananas gone nuts: yummy! 15% great alone.

Peanut butter: I haven't tried this yet.. I need another flavor still, to make.... Something lol

Sugar cookie: I used this at 15%, and while tasty, it didn't taste like a sugar cookie.it was good though.... Like a sweet dessert.

Oh,I made 15ml bottles... :)

There are still some I want to try... Blue berry and others... But I am happy with the flavors. In my opinion they don't seem at all to be watered down.... And I haven't had to over flavor anything (unless I wanted it super sweet) I'm also happy with the price.. shipping is super fast,,,, for me it's a win win lol.
I'm enjoying this thread, thank you to the op!!
As I try more I'll add!! Have an amazing day everyone!

Edit to add: I don't normally steep anything.... I mix and vape. I guess it steeps as I go along lol. But the tobaccos definitely need it and the creams do get creamier over time

gtseng

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
CA
Ive ordered several flavors from MBV........Loved the premix Cinnamon Roll. So bought a 15ml bottle of Cinnamon Roll.
made up 3 10ml bottles 50/50.........made at different %'s 10% 15% 20%. Steeped in my Ultra sonic machine.......15x 8minute cycles.
the one bottle at 20% still taste weak compared to their premix...........any suggestions.???

Bckane, what PG/VG ratio are you using? Do you have any dripping atty that you can try the juice?

Like you, I love this cinnamon Roll MBV is making. Would love to get the % right DIY!

bckane

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
miramar Fl
50/50 ratio................im thinking about picking up some flavor west flavors from a different vendor to compare strengths.

Bckane, what PG/VG ratio are you using? Do you have any dripping atty that you can try the juice?

Like you, I love this cinnamon Roll MBV is making. Would love to get the % right DIY!

bckane

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
miramar Fl
I have to agree, depends on the tank your using. Tried my blends on my old viva nova..........much better. so I need to find the right % to work with my protank..........getting ready to roll up a SS wick for my protank

Cin. Roll and most fw tastes really good for me at 10% 75 vg / 25 pg. I use a aga-t2 / ss mesh

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Has anyone confirmed if MBV and FW have the diy flavors at the same concentrations?

Side by side comparison would be the only way to know since for some reason they don't want to say so outright which frankly is silly. Its pretty obvious they use FW but for a DIY person I would get the flavors directly through one of flavorwest's companies to ensure you are getting full strength. Have heard reports of people receiving what they thought was watered down flavors from some vendors and in essence they can do whatever they want with the product once they get it. I buy mine at diyjuice.com, flavorwest or vapor renu---all the same exact owners/company.

Edit: If you look at the drop down menu at diyjuice.com or vapor renu you will see the combo flavors names are ones that MBV sells as juice (thought not as flavors) and alot of the pics are the same too as the ones on flavorwest website. The trade secret part is of course the recipes.

Last edited:

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Just ordered

Spearmint
Blue Ice
Beetle Juice
Toffee Dream Cream
Chocolate Waffle
Swedish Fish

When I get these and mix some up I will update on all of them

Well so far I have mixed up the spearmint, blue ice, and toffee dream cream. These were all 65/35 PG/VG at 18 nic and at 13.3% flavoring. 13.3 you ask? Just makes the amount added easy for 15 and 30 ml mixes at 2 and 4 ml.

Spearmint- Delicious. A true taste. I added 10 drops of menthol to the 30 ml I made. This could quickly become one of my favorite vapes. Simply put, if you like spearmint you will like this. 5/5

Blue Ice- I was hoping this would taste similar to the Blue Ice from MBV. It doesn't really, but i think that is because MBV probably uses some of FW Extreme Ice in their mix. I find the menthol to be a bit overpowering in this mix just covering up the berry tastes a bit. I have only tried this out of a drip atty, so might not be as bad in my vivi. Seems as if my initial few pulls have the menthol taste then it calms down after a few. I do have some extreme ice on hand from MBV so i plan on adding some of that next time but my worry is it will cover up the berry taste even more. I taste more blueberry than raspberry in this. Overall this is good. 4/5

Toffee Dream Cream - This is a very good, but sweet, taste. Mind you, I did not let this steep other than it was being shipped to me. That was about 5 days. There are a lot of flavors to this mix so it might change with steeping. Right now this tastes like a cinamony sugar cookie. It is very very good, like a desert vape. For me I don't think this could be an ADV as it is just a bit too sweet. I will see how it is as it steeps and follow up. 4/5

So far I am VERY pleased. The nice thing is you don't have to buy multiple flavors to make something a bit different. There are a lot on there. I will update on Beetle Juice, Choc Waffle, and Swedish fish as I make them.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've been mixing MBV flavors for a couple of weeks with MBV unflavored 24mg 65/35.
I mixed them all at 12.5% to try matching the MBV premixed juice that I almost always get at +1.
I let them steep au naturale at first but got myself a UC yesterday.

Mango was perfect before steeping and got better with time.
It started out tart (in a good way) and got smoother over time.
Barely any tart after an hour or so in the UC, just smooth Mango - good for an occasional ADV.

Strawberry was too strong at 15%, I mixed it down to 13% and it was good.
I previously vaped 50ml of MBV Strawberry @ +2 for reference and that's what I was shooting for.
I mixed a 60ml batch at 12.5 and no regrets.

Yellow cake is way better than I imagined it would be - very good at 12.5%
Banana was kinda strong at 12.5 so I mixed it down to 11% and voila - great tasty vape!
Pie crust used the last of my premixed nic and too small of a sample to get % right but it's pretty good.

I mixed some of my order of Wizard Labs to 20.5mg 67/33 and it tasted fan****ingtastic unflavored.
I used it to mix some Cinnamon Roll and a few others that are in the UC.
I'll post reviews when they've been atomized :)

I did receive (9) 4oz bottles from FW yesterday and will start using those soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread