Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I haven't mixed that one in particular, but I tend to mix FW at about 10% and have read that many FW are good around 12.5-15%.

And also: the flavorings MtBaker sells are FW should you ever want to buy some to try. $2.99 for a 15ml bottle and coupon code "freeshipping" gets you free first class.

Last time I tried freeshipping it didn't work but code "ecf" gets 10% off

Nova V

Jun 12, 2013
F.S.,AR,USA
Yellow cake is way better than I imagined it would be - very good at 12.5%

Any advise for (% yellow cake) in a 50%PG/50%VG mix? I'm working on a recipe for "Twinkies" and think the Yellow cake(FW) might be better suited than the Cup cake(TPA). Also, I've never tasted the yellow cake by itself. Do you think it would work in this capacity? I guess I'm asking you if it has a true "cake" flavor in your opinion. Thanks for your post by the way! :vapor:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Any advise for (% yellow cake) in a 50%PG/50%VG mix? I'm working on a recipe for "Twinkies" and think the Yellow cake(FW) might be better suited than the Cup cake(TPA). Also, I've never tasted the yellow cake by itself. Do you think it would work in this capacity? I guess I'm asking you if it has a true "cake" flavor in your opinion. Thanks for your post by the way! :vapor:

I want to know this as well!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

It's very good as is and sorta does taste like cake (yellow). I think they say it that way to stay off watch lists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake <- I'll stick with vaping cake (yellow).

I mix it at 12%-12.5% and 70/30 and it's tasty but strong (in a good way). I dunno about 50/50.

Last edited:

Nova V

Jun 12, 2013
F.S.,AR,USA
It's very good as is and sorta does taste like cake (yellow). I think they say it that way to stay off watch lists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake <- I'll stick with vaping cake (yellow).

I mix it at 12%-12.5% and 70/30 and it's tasty but strong (in a good way). I dunno about 50/50.

Cake yellow! lol. Thanks for the link! I never would have thought of that connection. Oops!
Anyway, I thank you for the info on the flavor and ill get it a try!

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just mixed up a 30ml FW vanilla custard that is awesome sauce without sweetener of any kind.20ml's/36mg 50/50 nic./10ml's FW VC @ 24mg(actually it's about 22.5-23mg). Tastes great without steeping and already sweet,finally mixed a good VC after 3-4 failed attempts trying to get this flavor down.I can't figure it,i make a FW rocky road at 3% and it's great,FW VC is mixed at 30% before i got a good mix with it.A 10% increase to get a good result.

TroyDestroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
texas
Just mixed up a 30ml FW vanilla custard that is awesome sauce without sweetener of any kind.20ml's/36mg 50/50 nic./10ml's FW VC @ 24mg(actually it's about 22.5-23mg). Tastes great without steeping and already sweet,finally mixed a good VC after 3-4 failed attempts trying to get this flavor down.I can't figure it,i make a FW rocky road at 3% and it's great,FW VC is mixed at 30% before i got a good mix with it.A 10% increase to get a good result.

So you mixed 33% vc? Wow... where did you get your flavoring from?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
So you mixed 33% vc? Wow... where did you get your flavoring from?

I just got a big batch of flavors from FW in 4oz. bottles.I prefer to pay $7.00 for 4oz's,instead of paying almost $6.00 for a measly 30ml's.Yea the 33% actually worked out too the vanilla custard is sweet,but not too sweet,and it is mouth watering rich,full bodied,and creamy.I was also surprised this was the first time i did not have to use sweetener for a desert vape.

TroyDestroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
texas
I just got a big batch of flavors from FW in 4oz. bottles.I prefer to pay $7.00 for 4oz's,instead of paying almost $6.00 for a measly 30ml's.Yea the 33% actually worked out too the vanilla custard is sweet,but not too sweet,and it is mouth watering rich,full bodied,and creamy.I was also surprised this was the first time i did not have to use sweetener for a desert vape.

Wow, that's crazy high flavoring! I was wondering if it was diluted as the ones from mt baker seem to be. I usually flavor at around 10%...

Reactions: LeeLee26

Insurgence

May 26, 2013
USA
Since bottle size and pricing keeps coming up, I thought this may be worth sharing: Up to 12 bottles 4 oz/118 mL ($5-$17) on FlavorWest.com can be ordered for the shipping price (in my area at least) of $12.35. 7.5 mL ($2.75) bottles ship from DIYJuice.com for $2.85 flat.
My $22 order, to try the same variety of flavors, would have cost $62. And then it's also worth adding that some flavors on DIYJuice.com are not on FlavorWest.com
Being new to DIY and not committed to any flavors yet, I opted for the "small bottle, high price per mL, lower shipping" vs. "large bottle, low price per mL, higher shipping". I'm sure once I'm done sampling and find some favorites, my method will change.

Wow I was so excited about diyjuice as you mentioned until I got there and saw the prices. 2.75 for 7.5 ml? Ouch. Strange when they sell 4 oz for 6.78 on their site. That would be what, 44 bucks for the 4 oz at diyjuice. Too bad they weren't more reasonable.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Wow, that's crazy high flavoring! I was wondering if it was diluted as the ones from mt baker seem to be. I usually flavor at around 10%...

No they are not diluted,there is already a thread in here about that i think i started and everyone started calling,they posted in the thread that none of the flavors are diluted.The Vanilla Custard did not come out to flavorful,or very tasty at 10%,that's why it took me 3-4 tries to get this one down.Like i said,it is not too sweet at this percent either,it really does taste great.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Not ALL of the FW flavors have to be used at a high percent.I have used there rocky road at 3% which was great full flavored,at the same time,have used vanilla custard starting at 30% for full flavor.If you look at Capella's brand they have it listed as a suggested starting point .25-.50 percent too,but again,not all of there flavors need to be used that high.

EDIT: I would suggest start low,say 3-5%(rocky road is good at 3%)to start with,and add as needed to get the full flavor.I have not made all of my FW flavors yet(i have 21 FW) so i am not sure which are good at a low and high percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeLee26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread