Jun 8, 2012
earth
Hello! I have purchased a couple of Flavor West Flavors:
Peach
Raspberry
Dark Chocolate

I have PG and VG on the way.
I don't use nicotine.

I thought to start I would try to keep things simple. To start with I would like to make peach, raspberry and chocolate- raspberry 0mg juices.

Can anyone with experiences using Flavor West offer what % of these flavors would be a good starting point?

I see many recipes where the mixer used flavor art or others but I think all flavors are different, I see people talking about 4% to 20%. The Flavor west bottle says usage rate .25 -.50...I have no idea what that really means so I am at a loss. If I could draw on your experience that would be extremely helpful!!!
Thank you in advance!!
Luv & respect,
Froggie

1336694400_10_1_USD_7_default.png
:vapor:

Wren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Chi-town
I have used FW's dark chocolate twice, I think it is yummy.

I did find it a bit weaker than FA. For 5ml of juice (a tester) I used about .4 ml of the dark chocolate, .3 of FA cherry and .2 of FA honey and it was very nice. This is in a 60/40 pg/vg mix. I could probably have used a bit more of the chocolate.

I have not tried it on its own though.

Good luck!!

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
Flavor west is one of the better ones for taste (IMO) but as others state, you usually need a total of 20%. So for peach, I would start with 15% taste, then add a percentage or two at a time after that. For choc rasp - try 12 of rasp, and 8% chocolate. You will like flavor west as far as taste goes, but does need more like loranns and capella does. The ones that use really low percentages never taste as good to me for some reason - they taste more chemical or something =(.

Froggie

Jun 8, 2012
earth
Flavor west is one of the better ones for taste (IMO) but as others state, you usually need a total of 20%. So for peach, I would start with 15% taste, then add a percentage or two at a time after that. For choc rasp - try 12 of rasp, and 8% chocolate. You will like flavor west as far as taste goes, but does need more like loranns and capella does. The ones that use really low percentages never taste as good to me for some reason - they taste more chemical or something =(.

@YorkieGirl1 would you comment on which Flavor West flavors you have tried and liked? Maybe a mod will sticky this thread like they did the LorAnns one. They (FW) sure do have a LOT more flavors than the other companies I have seen!

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I've tried a few FlavorWest flavorings:

Caramel Candy- A+++ flavor and very potent. Best tasting caramel of the 7 caramel flavorings I have tried from many companies
Double Dutch Twister- A+ flavor too and very potent. It's a dark chocolate and white chocolate mix that is divine. You seriously taste both flavors and it is memorable.
Fudge Brownie- really good flavor but very mild in potency. You need to use a lot
Cream Soda- good flavor but not my cup of tea. Tis very mild in potency. Reminds me of ginger ale a lot.
Sugar Cookie- okay flavor but tis so weak! I prefer FA's Cookie because it's so insanely strong
Cinnamon Red Hot- Excellent and insanely potent
Honey Wood Tobacco- Oh boy:( It has many rave reviews! But to me, it tasted like and smelled like perfume:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread