Flavor west yellow cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
has anyone noticed the change in their recipe?

am i crazy?.. i ordered the yellow cake from a different website a long time ago and received .... well, a yellow cake flavoring.(which was almost like a lemon yellow cake and it was bright yellow in color)

this time i ordered a 4 oz bottle of it directly from FW and i got this yellow cake thats not so much a yellow cake like the one i had before but more like a yellow cake from homemade chocolate yellow cake.

i dont know.. i highly doubt this is the same one i had before. as a matter of fact i know for sure this isnt the same one. I know the color of the extract changes from time to time, it just isnt the same.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I got one bottle of it long ago that I was able to use. It was a light colored liquid. I reordered at some point from a different vendor and got a very dark, sick-tasting liquid I could not use. There's no way they were the same flavoring. I eventually concluded the lighter one was actually FW vanilla cupcake, mislabeled (because I got the same flavor later when I ordered vanilla cupcake). I have an aversion to FW yellow cake now...I'll never try it again. The vanilla cupcake has darkened over time, but it's still a different color and much lighter than yellow cake was the day it arrived.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I have test batches of Vanilla Cupcake and Cake that I purchased from MBV steeping. It has been about 10 days and they are both the same medium amber color. I haven't vaped them yet but the Cake does smell like cake but the Vanilla Cupcake has a different smell. I'll normally give my test batches two weeks to steep so I know what the final flavor will be so I will try them in a few days.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
On the Flavor West Review Site (ECF) they mention that the Flavor West Flavors change from vendor to vendor and recommend just buying direct from Flavor West.

i actually bought direct.

The problem is that the yellow cake i had a long time ago is not the same yellow cake they have now..

and now i have 4 oz's of it just sitting in my lab

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered this Yellow Cake some time ago and it may just be me but I got a hint of Clove which I did not want in my yellow cake recipes.

I got that too, plus an overtone of cinnamon in it. Was pretty bummed about that as I was just expecting a plain yellow cake not yellow cake with clove nutmeg cinnamon allspice etc in it. The one I got was almost a year ago, might order a small bottle if the recipe has been changed though. The one I got a long time ago was also bright yellow.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I got that too, plus an overtone of cinnamon in it. Was pretty bummed about that as I was just expecting a plain yellow cake not yellow cake with clove nutmeg cinnamon allspice etc in it. The one I got was almost a year ago, might order a small bottle if the recipe has been changed though. The one I got a long time ago was also bright yellow.

what now?? where can i find that type of yellow cake that we used to get from FW? does anyone else sell anything close to it?

i have a recipe that calls for it and without it ... im kinda screwed.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread