Flavored juice vs. flavored booze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
Had an interesting conversation with a fellow employee yesterday, thought I'd share my insight with you cats...

I was refilling a carto in front of a number of my fellow employees. Naturally everybody was staring at me, trying to figure out exactly what I was doing. A fellow finally asked me what I was doing so I proceeded to explain the nature of PV's to him and the rest of the staff.

I was refilling with a Chocolate Fudge Bavarian Crème juice and he starts nodding his head. Curiously I inquired as to what he was thinking. “With all those delicious flavors, seems like they're trying to lure in the kids” he says. I stopped for a minute...thought about it pretty hard and replied “I guess that's what the liquor manufacturer's have in mind too.” to which I got an overall laugh from everybody.

I actually had to be confronted with the situation to really wrap my mind around it. Yeah, flavors are pretty awesome, and yeah it's pretty cool to have such a varied menu of concoctions to help us all out with our journey. However, with this particular journey, it's the destination that matters and not the journey itself. No matter what device we use to get where we are going the mutual desire seems to be the destruction of our addiction to analogs.

Personally I am of the mindset that no mater what it takes, I will defeat the nasty analog habit. Along this path I have met naysayer's, doubter's, ......, false prophets(it's actually worse that real cig idiots), and the ever so wonderful “you're still smoking” a-holes. It seems every day I meet yet another type of person with what they think is the most important opinion as to what, exactly, I am doing to myself.

As I sit here vaping belgian waffle (OMG this stuff is tasty) I start to understand more about the nature of all this. It seems that every day I grasp a new concept. Taste is rather subjective, although I really doubt anybody would ever really like crab juice, no matter WHAT kind of taste you my have...lol :) (how vile):evil:

It's our destination that counts, not so much the journey. In the wise words of Captain Jason Nesmith...

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Peace and Puffs

Steelrat

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
meh i hate that flavored stuff is made to draw in kids bull****. i remember when camel exotic blends were out and they were awesome, i was only in middle school at the time but started smoking before i even knew about em. then they came out with that stupid add saying it was to attract kids and banned them, still have an un opened pack though :D . same with alcoholic energy drinks like 4 locos. i grew up a party kid, i drank and smoked cigarettes among various other things from 12 on up and knew allot of people that did the same thing, not a single one of them started because it they made some awesome candy like flavor. most of us didn't even find out about stuff like that till after the fact. with the exception of maybe females. not to be sexist but i knew allot of girls who wouldn't drink beer and only liked sparks or liquor. but even still if its the only thing around they would drink something that didn't really taste good.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
As a society it seems we should ban Lady GaGa, flavored sexual lubricants that are readily advertised in magazines minors can buy, soda pop with *gasp* high-fructose corn syrup, Fruit Loops, etc. etc.

This slippery slope has gone exactly where people thought it would. Things that are to be adult in the Legal realm now have to become unendurable and scary to prevent the next generation from deciding for themselves. I've heard the argument that making smoking potentially safer is defeating of the purpose to stop smoking. I know A LOT of people who never smoked and picked up a PV the first time and started "smoking"... this is frowned upon by some but really? REALLY? You think that PVs should always be the second choice behind analogs for those who consider smoking anyway? I don't buy into the argument that they would ~never~ smoke at all if PVs weren't available. Maybe a small percentage but if they're eventually use PVs regularly, I think they would have eventually ended up on analogs too.

Anyhow... off a cliff there I went. -Magnus

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
As a society it seems we should ban Lady GaGa, flavored sexual lubricants that are readily advertised in magazines minors can buy, soda pop with *gasp* high-fructose corn syrup, Fruit Loops, etc. etc.

This slippery slope has gone exactly where people thought it would. Things that are to be adult in the Legal realm now have to become unendurable and scary to prevent the next generation from deciding for themselves. I've heard the argument that making smoking potentially safer is defeating of the purpose to stop smoking. I know A LOT of people who never smoked and picked up a PV the first time and started "smoking"... this is frowned upon by some but really? REALLY? You think that PVs should always be the second choice behind analogs for those who consider smoking anyway? I don't buy into the argument that they would ~never~ smoke at all if PVs weren't available. Maybe a small percentage but if they're eventually use PVs regularly, I think they would have eventually ended up on analogs too.

Anyhow... off a cliff there I went. -Magnus

lol i know the lady gaga thing was a joke but for real... we should get rid of her... shes gonna gimme nightmares if i ever have to see her face on tv again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread