Flavoring became bland - is big bottle/too much air exposure the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
TFA RY4 Double is my wife's EDV, and I use pretty often as well. Since we were even blowing through the 4oz bottle fairly quickly, my last purchase was for the 16oz bottle. It's probably only about 8 months old, but it suddenly started to taste bland. I'm wondering if it's because the large amount of air that it is exposed to since the bottle is only about half full? Has anybody heard of this before?

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, you both sound like me and my wife.
I picked up a 16oz (DRY-4; Direct from TFA) about a year ago (she likes it at 10%/me at 5%).
When I used about half of it, I decanted into opaque 100ml bottles.

I have not noticed a decrease in potency or odor. But you have twice as much as I do. :shock:

I tend to make 500ml at a time and if I don't let it have a month or more steep, I find the flavour a bit flat.

Best of luck
I

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Hi, you both sound like me and my wife.
I picked up a 16oz (DRY-4; Direct from TFA) about a year ago (she likes it at 10%/me at 5%).
When I used about half of it, I decanted into opaque 100ml bottles.

I have not noticed a decrease in potency or odor. But you have twice as much as I do. :shock:

I tend to make 500ml at a time and if I don't let it have a month or more steep, I find the flavour a bit flat.

Best of luck
I
Thanks for the response. Looks like decanting is the way to go based on your response.

Actually I think I have a 16oz bottle...it's just so big compared to all the other flavorings it looks like 32 to me. I'll update the original post.

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
DC,
I use 50ml at a time, my big bottle sat half empty for 6 months or so before I decanted the last 250 ml. (I used 50ml for the batch and filled 2X100mlbottles.)
I have not noticed any degradation prior to, nor since, the decanting.
However, YMMV.

Cheers
I

I miss DelMarVa.... I need to make a trip.

Reactions: dcdozer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread