Flavoring Discussion/Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
-use this thread for opinions/recommendations on flavorings happyvaper already supplies
-to ask for new flavorings happyvaper does not supply, go to this thread instead: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/happyvaper/45389-flavourings-happyvaper-should-stock.html

*the below question might already be answered already (in case i can not edit this post later)

too many chocolates, which chocolate flavorings do u prefer?

-chocolate fudge brownie
-milk chocolate toffee
-chocolate hazelnut
-double chocolate
-mint chocolate chip
-english toffee (i'm not sure if this includes chocolate?)

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
I haven't tried any of the chocolates yet.

I love Capella Orange Creamsicle and also Lorann Raspberry mixed with Capella Vanilla Custard.

I'm not a fan of pumpkin but Capella Pumpkin Pie has been a huge hit with my fiance & several people who've tried it (no converts to vaping yet but he's workin' on em!).

Flavourart Pomegranate is awesome! Lots of flavour--I think it will be excellent for adding a berry type flavour when mixing. I can't wait to try it with some Vanilla Custard. It might just knock the Rasp/Van. Custard down the list! ;)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I have been vaping on the Flavour Art tobacco flavours for the past week and I have only one thing to say ... wow, good stuff.

If you are into DIY tobacco liquids be sure to try the FA Dark Vapure, Burley, Virginia Perique Black and Latakia . On their own, mixed together or added to some existing tobacco flavoured liquids these flavourings will spruce up your vaping experience.

The others that I will mention are Desert Ship, Cowboy and Cuban Supreme. Hmmm, not sure what to say about them. They are not for me but who knows ... you might like them.

Vape Wizard: Still trying to figure it out. I have been using very small amounts in my batches (less than a drop). And the purpose of this stuff is ???

Vape on and Happy New Year!

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I think the Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Double Chocolate have the most chocolate flavor. BUT... they all seem to be missing something. So, I use them, but only in combination flavors (for example Cool Mint and Double Chocolate.) That way whatever it is that is missing seems to be compensated for by the other flavor.

Combinations that work for me are chocolate and mint, chocolate and vanilla, chocolate and toffee, chocolate and banana, chocolate and coconut, chocolate and just about anything!

I am working on a recipe that comes closer to a full bodied chocolate and a milk chocolate but I haven't got it yet. I can only work on it every couple of days because I eventually get overwhelmed with chocolate tasting and start losing the nuances of the flavor.

;)

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Menthol is like mint on steroids :) I like mint but menthol is too much for me. It reminds me of cough drops. I have some menthol liquid and I'm gonna use it the next time I have a cold. ;)

Chocolate is usually more DARK chocolate not like milk chocolate at all.

I haven't tried strawberry yet but the other fruity flavours I've tried have all been good.

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I love the chocolate...it is definitely a dark chocolate flavor and mixes well with caramel. The FA caramel is the BEST caramel I have found. All FA flavors have no chemical aftertaste which I abhor. Caramel and cream are must haves in my opinion as they are great for lifting other flavors, even tobacco flavors and coffees. I am in love with FA flavors.....the BEST. The best feature is lack of color with exception of chocolate and coffee...most are nearly clear including the caramel. Very easy on the attys and more concentrated.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Good luck

my vote is chocolate brownie on the OP question

Last edited:

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
I have been vaping on the Flavour Art tobacco flavours for the past week and I have only one thing to say ... wow, good stuff.

If you are into DIY tobacco liquids be sure to try the FA Dark Vapure, Burley, Virginia Perique Black and Latakia . On their own, mixed together or added to some existing tobacco flavoured liquids these flavourings will spruce up your vaping experience.

The others that I will mention are Desert Ship, Cowboy and Cuban Supreme. Hmmm, not sure what to say about them. They are not for me but who knows ... you might like them.

Vape Wizard: Still trying to figure it out. I have been using very small amounts in my batches (less than a drop). And the purpose of this stuff is ???

Vape on and Happy New Year!

Hi lark, Sounds like we have the common experience in liking our tobacco flavorings. Glad you recommended a few here. I am in love with the Perique black, and do entend to buy some more of the flavors soon. I use the Perique black, with a light amount of Blk. Walnut and honey. My all day vape. Very tobacco flavorful.

I went through several of the fruity flavors, but was not crazy about them.
Doing your own DYI and finding the right thing for yourself is exciting feeling and took me three months to accept my very own flavoring were right for me.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Hi lark, Sounds like we have the common experience in liking our tobacco flavorings. Glad you recommended a few here. I am in love with the Perique black, and do entend to buy some more of the flavors soon. I use the Perique black, with a light amount of Blk. Walnut and honey. My all day vape. Very tobacco flavorful.

I went through several of the fruity flavors, but was not crazy about them.
Doing your own DYI and finding the right thing for yourself is exciting feeling and took me three months to accept my very own flavoring were right for me.

What does black walnut taste like? I was also wondering if you add just a little black pepper to some tobacco if it would make it a little more spicy without overpowering it.

Last edited:

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
How does the FlavourArt chocolate compare to Capella? I'm looking at ordering a bunch of FA flavors but I haven't heard anything on the chocolate.

Also looking at a bunch of the FA fruit flavors -- white peach, watermelon, kiwi, pomegranate... :)

Haven't really gotten into the chocolates yet.

I can vouch for the pomegranate though! It's very good and one of the flavours that's gotten a thumbs up from all our friends (my BF's working on converting them all :cool: ).

Watermelon is on my 'to get' list. I'm not all that fond of real watermelon but, after trying some commercial watermelon liquid, found I really like it as a vape. And if the commercial stuff is good then I'm betting FlavourArt's is great!

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I definitly have to get some chocolates and some coffees. You need so much of Loranns to get the coffee flavor. It starts to taste funky before you get a rich coffee taste. And chocolate just kinda misses altogether.

As for tobacco - has anyone tried BLUcigs classic tobacco carts? Which FA tobacco flavor is closest to it? Blucigs tobacco is reminiscent of 555, but not quite the same. Maybe a bit milder. If I can find a FA flavor that matches it, I would be beyond happy.

So if any of you have tried BLU and know a FA flavor that will work - thanks. (Or I could just buy them all and find out for myself. LOL)

~A

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
What does black walnut taste like? I was also wondering if you add just a little black pepper to some tobacco if it would make it a little more spicy without overpowering it.

I get a bit of peppery taste from the Perique Black flavor. The black Walnut is exactly the strong taste of eating one. Very different from the english walnut of the actual nut itself. I enjoy the strong taste and lean toward the
tobacco flavors, and add only a small amount of the honey and BW.

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
I ordered several savory Flavour Arts flavors just to try something different. Tonight I mixed up gin, tomato and added a little roast beef for some punch. It complimented the Bloody Mary I was drinking and was a nice departure from my usual sweet juices.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the other flavors I ordered and I'm very happy with the service and selection at HappyVaper.

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
can anybody comment and/or compare the following flavors...

-desert ship vs dekang's camel vs camel ultimate?
-cowboy vs dekang's marlboro vs maxboro ultimate?
-citrus mix
-golden amber/liquid amber
-lime tahity distilled
-zen garden

hopefully i can use citrus mix or lime tahity to make a diy mt.dew...unless jack gets a mt.dew flavoring someday ;) if anybody finds a diy recipe for 555, dr.pepper, mt.dew or waffle, please share :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread