The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Flavorings That Are Clear, No Food Coloring Added

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by introvert, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. introvert

introvert Full Member

Jun 11, 2016
    I've been doing the DIY E-Juice a while now. A couple of years. The Nicotein, PG and VG is clear liquid but the flavorings all have coloring added.

I've used TFA, Capella, Flavor West, Flavour Art, and a few others. Just about all of them have color.

The problem is that this stuff stains my teeth something fierce.

So, my question is? Are there flavorings that use no food coloring?

Thanks guys. :)

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    I would love to see some documentation supporting your assertions.
    Do you have an ingredients list for ANY of the vendors mentioned that show natural or artificial color added?
    My experience and research seems to suggest that the majority of flavours are made without the addition of colorants.

ETA: "FlavourArt flavours do not contain alcohol, sugars, protein, genetically modified ingredients, animal ingredients of any kind, preservatives, caffeine, sweeteners or colours. They are all gluten and peanut free, suitable for diabetics, vegetarian and vegans."

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. introvert

introvert Full Member

Jun 11, 2016
    You know, I never considered that the coloring was natural. I assumed that it was added to match whatever flavor it was.

Nevertheless, it's staining my teeth. Maybe there is a line of flavorings that are clear?

And thank you for the reply, Izan. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have never read of anyone getting stained teeth, real or artificial, from diy or commercial juices. Have you eliminated other possible causes?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. introvert

introvert Full Member

Jun 11, 2016
    It's possible. I drink a lot of green tea and that does a number on my teeth.

I've noticed that the stains on my teeth are mostly on the front incisors. This is why I kind of thought that it might be the vape juice.

But if no one else is having this problem then I can only assume it's coming from something else.

Thank you, Letitia.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Any tea will stain your teeth, try a whitening toothpaste or baking soda/peroxide toothpaste. Brushing occasionally with plain baking soda helps as well.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.