FlavorIT or FlavorX?? used as flavor for kids medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
so i'm in walmart (i can't stay away, shopping for accessories for damn ecigs) and found some "FlavorIt" in clearance. it's 5 bottles of 15ml fluid, and the main ingredients being water, ethyl alcohol, pg, and art/nat flavor.

does that sound suitable?? they are also highly concentrated.

sadly, two of them appear unusable, one is the orange? maybe lemon, it has citric acids in it, not so sure on using that. the other has some type of preservative, i'm going to try to find the ingredients online.

i didn't buy them, but 3 x 15ml usable bottles for $10 (clearance) seems like a pretty good deal, yeah? seems a lot of people use alcohol in their mix, is ethyl alcohol an issue?

sorry i don't remember offhand, i think it was bubble gum, watermelon, and one other that was usable of the bunch. the ones that weren't were like, orange/lemon (forget) and like, grape? i'll figure it out.

thoughts?

FLAVORit

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
i knew i could count on my favorite "nun" :) i emailed the company about getting a list of the ingredients too, hopefully they'll send it. i guess ten bucks isn't much compared to what i've been spending, right? hahah. especially if i get 45ml of usable fluid, and now, if citric acid is ok, that's 60 ml of flavoring for 10 bucks.

woohoo!

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
ok here's the scoop:

sweetening enhancer: water, citric acid, sodium benzoate, acesulfame k
(---probably not usable)

orange: propylene glycol, water, alcohol, nat and art flavor, tocopherols (preservative)
(---probably not usable)

bubblegum: propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol, nat and art flavor

watermelon: propylene glycol, nat and art flavor

grape: propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol, nat and art flavor

---summary---

so 3 of the 5 are usable based on ingredients. not so sure with the benzoate and acesulfame, and the preservative on the other ones.

but...$10 for 45 ml is still a pretty solid deal for 3 flavors.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Walgreens has it, but it is pharmacy added, same with riteaid. Sorry, I typed before I researched. I'm still looking to see if anyone else around me has it though or something similar.

Well I did see the list of stores it is sold at but none of those are in my area :(

Lu

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
well, note, the walmart i found it at, it was a clearance item. box says "best used by april 09" but i dont think it will really degrade, probably just loss of flavor over time. hopefully. haha.

no really.

but yes, note "flavorX" is added by pharmacy, "FlavorIt" is the retail package of 5 bottles, same manufacturer.

also if you google for "flavorit" something-or-other you can find it.

see if this link works, it should give a list of online retailers, amazon didnt yet have it though:

buy flavorit - Google Product Search

also...did i say this already? they make these flavors for dogs too. i did look into it to see if they're the same ingredients...can't find that yet...but did find that "tasty bacon" and the other dog flavors are $57 for 2oz bottles. so...haha, regardless of sounding gross to use an animal additive...if it worked...i'd have made a damn bacon ecig flavor!!!

i got my Pilot yesterday so i will be toying with flavor tonight and report asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread