Flavorless Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I am going to find out tomorrow, but I wanted to ask those who have tried it. What does a 50/50 18MG with no flavor taste like? I have so many flavors i have to be in the mood for, but it is such a hassle for me to change flavors. I have 3 right now that I am ok with pretty much anytime, and keep 3 tanks full and maintained to keep me vaping, but they are getting old. I do like some of the flavors I have bought and tried, but it is more of a mood thing and not really worth the hassle.

I still smoke cigs. I have been wondering why. I think it is because I don't really get any flavor from them. I have tried a tobacco flavor that does taste a lot like my cigs, but stronger and its nasty lol. When I think about vaping I think flavor, and it is like trying to pick what I want to "taste", not get my nic fix. The 3 flavors I have I really like, bubble gum, coffee, and pina colada. But sometimes I don't want to taste any of them. I just want a nic fix.

Like I started with, I will find out tomorrow, but just curious because I have seen others post that this is what they do. I bought 2 large bottles of 50/50 in my nic strength and a bit of flavorings to try DYI all simple like, so I am going to try it first without flavor lol. I just need nic, and even tho S'mores does taste good, I can't hit it for very long until I get sick of it, just like eating too many real S'mores.

Mcp15

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
CT
I dilute all my juice with unflavored--about 50%. I just don't usually care for that big blast of flavor. If you find the unflavored a little too bland, just add a drop or two of your flavor to a tank. ( works especially well with fruit or menthol or mint type flavors-- kind of like adding lemon to your water glass). You can also easily adjust your nicotine level this way, perhaps lowering it for those evening, mindless chain vaping timesv, lol!

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
K cool, so I am not weird lol. I have a good number of flavors I like, but not so strong. i am replacing a cigarette right now, not wanting to take ten puffs and flavor wise feel like I have eaten 8 cinnamon buns. I went the easy way for now on DYI. Bought some 50/50 18mg nic, and a few flavors I like. But I think I am going to start off with no flavor and do a few drops to slightly flavor it, like the water and lemon example.

I really appreciate you guys helping me find my way. I do still smoke, but only because I don't want to taste whatever flavor I have in my tanks right now if that makes sense. No flavor or a slight flavor may work for me. I indeed do get enough of a kick from 18mg that I dont want a cig, but jesus there is only so much bubble gum, or coffee, or whatever flavor I can take lol

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I'm all for flavor. But I much prefer purity of flavor over a flavor explosion. I often mix up some liquids with just a couple of drops of i.e cherry flavor per 10ml.

I usually vape at 18-20mg, so I keep a bottle of 100ml 20mg around so it's quick and easy to mix up some small 10ml bottles of weaksauce when I feel like it. Just fill a bottle, add a drop or two of whatever flavor I fancy. Next day it's ready to vape. Doesn't need a lot of steeping (but a fair bit of shaking). Usually leave them sitting, cap off, on my computer over night for gentle heating.

Great analogy with the lemon water.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I am using right now all protanks. i have a russian 91 that I got just to play with, but I am no hurry and it is part of the hobby side, not keep me from smoking side.

I am very glad I posted this thread because even tho I do enjoy some of my flavors, I have to want to taste that flavor at the time or I just have a cig. maybe a mild sweet peppery taste will fill that void and I can quit smoking with occasional flavor burst out of one of my tanks.

just trying to find my way, thanks again.

"Flavorless" has a mild sweet peppery taste I enjoy and never tire of.

All my glass tank toppers have flavorless. I use easy clean rebuildables for flavor sampling.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I use unflavored at 70/30 and have used 9mg but now down to 7.5mg. Sometimes I do add a little (3%) PGA to my mix.

Nicotine has a "flavor" which is slightly peppery, for lack of a better term. If you have ever had nicotine gum or lozenges, you know that flavor. VG is slightly sweet, even sweeter as is caramelizes in a tank.

I think unflavored is the closest thing to what I vaguely remember cigarettes to taste like.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Thanks guys, I will be filling a tank of flavorless in the morning with confidence. Again I do enjoy the flavors sometimes, but an all day vape I have yet to find, because I can't take the same flavor all day long. I have tried changing flavors throughout the day and that helps a lot, but for me personally I hope no real flavor works to get a nic hit, and any flavoring is just a treat.

I am weird probably here, but I really don't have any desire to be vaping all the time like I smoked... I do believe it is better than cigs, but I feel it isn't something I want to be doing for better health. I am not judging anyone at all, vape all day long if you want and more power too you in your endeavors. I just want to stop smoking cigs and breathe again :)

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I just sat down with my 50/50 in 18 mg unflavored.... not sure what I think yet. It isn't bad tasting and peppery is a good way to describe it. I am going to keep using it the rest of the night and see how it goes. If nothing else it may be something good to have in my rotation of flavors.

I put my cigs in the car at 11 this morning after only have 2 since getting up at 6, I decided this morning I wasn't giving this enough of a chance. I had a pretty bad craving a little bit ago so i fired up some 24mg I have, wow that is strong stuff lol. I have some 36 too but I am afraid to try that :p

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
I'm using 85pg/15vg 14mg - I add about 1.5 drops/ml of WL 10% menthol. Super clean, nice TH. I don't like the coating feeling of to much VG it feels congested to me.
I sometimes add about 12% of an existing juice (skipping the menthol) and find that that is usually more than enough flavor. That 12% gets lost if there's more vg.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
yeah this is gonna have to have at least a little flavor. I am about to start minor DIY tomorrow anyways, I have to bottles of 50/50 unflavored and several flavorings. I might try just adding some juice to the tank I have now with no flavor, thanks for the tip endgame... it really is pretty nasty to me personally lol.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Is there anything used that counters the peppery taste? It is just too strong for me to get past, but I still want to not have a strong flavor. I am looking forward to playing some tomorrow, really wish I had a dripper right now lol.

With an efficient small chamber topper, 6mg produces similar TH as 12mg in some factory wound toppers.
6mg only has a hint of the sweet peppery taste; significantly less than 12mg.
The nic taste is significantly more noticeable with cotton ball wick than silica wick.
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread