Flavors added. Should ALCOHOLIC "bourbon", "scotch", "brandy" and the like EVER be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I read "elsewhere" that some "juice manufacturers" use the "real deal" - truly ALCOHOLIC FLAVORINGS such as "bourbon", "scotch", "brandy", Vodka and other "beverages" in their "custom juices".

Supposedly the "alcohol" is allowed to evaporate before the product is shipped -leaving only the "real deal" in flavor behind. It seem logical, yet I have to wonder, "what if the booze is still present in the juice"? In sufficient quantity could it overheat if one takes many 'hits' in a row and the temperature of the coil actually ignite the alcohol?

Anyone ever hear of or actually experiment putting these liquids in their home made juice?? Ever hear of juice manufacturers using it as flavoring?

Thanks!

Senile Old Man Don ............. just wonderin'!

ADDENDUM: Southern Comfort was what was used in the juice discussion. It has a "caramel taste" - really strong and not to my liking, but it is what they were discussing. So I present it to the masses here for opinions - especially on SAFETY.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Flavorings also come in alcohol base. The alcohol from real booze would be basically the same. So as the ejuice base PG/VG would make up at the very least 80% of the e-juice any alcholo left regardless if evaporated would not present a fire hazard as it would be so diluted as to not matter. The sugars and other additives found in the booze may or may not present a problem depending on the type of booze used as a flavoring. On the other hand vaping straight booze is not recommended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread