Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have to quit Nic before surgery in a few months, and I want to get started ahead of time in finding some flavors that actually still taste good at Zero Nic. I figure my usual flavors will be hard to transition down to since I know them so well, so the plan- find some new flavors that somehow work at zero.

Ideally, I'd love to find a tobacco or custard that still gives a kick somehow, but maybe that's aiming too high. Anyone have success at finding one?

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I tried to cut down nicotine in my juice and right now my juice is at zero nicotine. I always add ethyl maltol to all my DIY juice so the flavor will not weird. By the way, I also add cool and fresh effected solutions such as menthol, peppermint or koolada into my juice so I can feel like a throat hit.
Ethyl Maltol acts as a buffer to your juices.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, I had no idea just how bad nicotine alone is before surgery, but my doc freaked out on me and said that I have to be 60 days clean from it. After some reading up on it, it sounds like it can cause some pretty serious side effects.

And just to follow up on the initial posting, I quit and it wasn't that hard. Takes awhile to adjust to flavors, and I gained 10lbs like it's nothing. That whole metabolism changing thing is no joke. I didn't change my diet and it came on quick.

But ya, flavors still work, and I enjoy vaping still...just no longer a slave to nic. I do recommend getting some new flavors to do it- it's tougher when you know a flavor well and have to adjust.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've heard various quotes about various things. Nicotine does leave your system rather quickly, but depending on the length and severity of the surgery, doctors will recommend different things. I will say, that during my various oral surgeries, well every single "handout" on self care after the surgery indicated that you should stop smoking after the surgery. When I dug a little deeper, there were actually oral surgery experts saying that quitting nicotine and smoking should be done up to six months before those surgeries, with varying degrees of urgency. They actually did appear to do some research, and most folks who quit before hand have better outcomes. Their consensus was, however, that one wanted one's gums and mouth to be in good shape before the surgery, not just afterward, and that increased the risk of implants failing. I did have an implant fail, but my oral surgeon was nice enough to replace it for free (still hurt a whole bunch, however).

I wish I'd known that info going in, but yes, various doctors and surgeons are going to recommend different things.

I would agree on trying some "new to you" juices without nicotine, so you aren't associating them with a "nicotine buzz" although you may find some of your regular flavors from day to day don't have a huge change in flavor without nicotine (a lot of that will depend on how much and what type of nicotine you used). If you enjoy a throat hit, I might also look at slightly higher PG juices and possible an additive named "Flash" that's been mentioned and I think it also can increase the sensation of "throat hit." So may menthol, etc.

Best of luck, with both the surgery and your 0 nic juices.

Anna

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
i developed a blood disorder from nicotine which is the main reason i quit smoking(tbh)...nicotine caused my blood to thicken...i felt tired sluggish and just not right...i had to have two pints of blood taken from me every two weeks to thin out my blood...i did that for a month and then quit smoking...after two weeks my blood was back to normal....i vape 0 nic...i tried 3mg nicotine but still had the same bad reaction...

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK, I wouldn't call it a flavor enhancer exactly, but it does contribute to what is in a mix. I'd have to think that 0 nic flavors, yes, they're going to taste fairly similar, but some nic does have flavor and I think the overall experience is going to be different, depending on what you are looking for, including throat hit or not and etc. I think nic "does things" to a mix, I'm just not sure what exactly.

The place where I taste juice offers it with no nic, or a fairly high nic percentage. When I've tasted them, although they taste "similar" there is certainly something nic is "doing" as you mix it and I'd imagine that differs between flavorings.

Anna

Reactions: Toronnah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread