Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Have you taken a drop on your finger and tasted it that way? If you can, then I think when you vape it the power is too high. Some of my flavors need a lower level of power for me to taste. Not sure why that is but if I want to taste them, I lower the amount of power I use on my mod. I also find that different atty/tanks and even sometimes mods allow for a different/varied vape. I dont know the science behind it, but I have been vaping over 8 years and I guess that is just how it is.

I have also heard of lots of members having same trouble with strawberry that you do. Have you been away from cigarettes long enough for your taste buds to heal?

:)

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Have you taken a drop on your finger and tasted it that way? If you can, then I think when you vape it the power is too high. Some of my flavors need a lower level of power for me to taste. Not sure why that is but if I want to taste them, I lower the amount of power I use on my mod. I also find that different atty/tanks and even sometimes mods allow for a different/varied vape. I dont know the science behind it, but I have been vaping over 8 years and I guess that is just how it is.

I have also heard of lots of members having same trouble with strawberry that you do. Have you been away from cigarettes long enough for your taste buds to heal?

:)
I have tried using several different setups, and lower power devices, different tank's and types and so on. I can smell it just fine but when I vape that flavor it's just blah bland nothing. Have not been off smokes for very long just around 3 month or so. Maybe that is the problem. Was just curious if there are certain other flavors that are like this.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm lucky in this arena I can taste most flavors. I find some to be unbelievably VILE but I can taste them. Strawberry is one such flavor for me, so although Letitia has given you good advice, I'm also here to say, you could just cut your losses on that one. Your tongue may actually be PROTECTING you. Etc.

Anna

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
People have a lot of different tastes. Perhaps your personal chemical makeup, acidity level, and flavor profile clashes with the flavor strawberry.
@stols001 I've had some pretty nasty strawberry flavors too, bad like thinking to myself "how did this place ever get a repeat customer?".
Couple good ones though. What usually makes the difference for me is a tiny bit of tartness, but needs to really be like biting into a ripe strawberry for me, or like sliced strawberries with sugar for shortcake. Mmmm food.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My ability to sense the full flavor of most ejuices depends on the condition of my taste buds on that particular day. Sometimes after a meal my vape tastes really good. Other times, not always at optimum levels. Certain foods, especially citrus seem to enhance my ability to taste flavors. I guess it's the acid that balances the PH in your mouth.

I picked up that tip here .

5. Learn to cleanse your palate between courses so that it is neutral for the next taste. By re-setting your taste buds, you will enjoy your meal so much more. You can do this by sucking on a lemon wedge or orange segment or snack on a soda cracker or a bread stick. Even sipping lukewarm water will work. Another tip is to eat a small piece of fresh or pickled ginger between meals to neutralize both the flavor of the food and help with digestion. You could also make your own sorbet, which has traditionally been served between courses to cleanse the palate. You will need 4 cups frozen cubed mango, ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 3 tablespoons raw honey, a dash of stevia (optional), plus a pinch of natural sea salt and 1 cup of ice cubes. Gradually blend together until the ice is smooth (for about 60 seconds) and then pop in the freezer until needed.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My ability to sense the full flavor of most ejuices depends on the condition of my taste buds on that particular day. Sometimes after a meal my vape tastes really good. Other times, not always at optimum levels. Certain foods, especially citrus seem to enhance my ability to taste flavors.
I think is pretty much true for everyone. Nothing tastes good after minty toothpaste.:confused:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I think is pretty much true for everyone. Nothing tastes good after minty toothpaste.:confused:
When I started vaping I would keep menthol type juice flavors around solely to be used after brushing.
I was never a fan of menthol, and now I just try to rinse my mouth more thoroughly and deal with the taste. Vape juice covers it up pretty quick lol.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When I started vaping I would keep menthol type juice flavors around solely to be used after brushing.
I was never a fan of menthol, and now I just try to rinse my mouth more thoroughly and deal with the taste. Vape juice covers it up pretty quick lol.
Yep, you just have to vape through it.:lol:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm actually one of those flavor blind. Whichever is the strongest I taste but not for long, and after two or three tanks all I make out of it is that it has flavor... I rinse my mouth, but yea, still nothing. That's why I rotate my juices often, sometimes 1/3 of the way, so I can taste some of it at least. Complex flavors for me are totally lost.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Anything like cookies cereals and such i cannot taste, no matter which i've tried i cannot make what's it supposed to taste. They still taste good, but i never got the exact taste (last one i tried was a cookie type which even though tasted good, never had the cookie taste for me).

NB: i'm a bit like @Susaz aswell, ie i need to rotate my juices, otherwise they stop tasting and i get a bland taste, so i switch it out every couple days (mostly when i rewick my rdas)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I rotate a number of flavors. Some are tobaccos and some are fruit, candy, and dessert. Some days it's all good and there are days that nothing is really worth a second tank full. That's when I switch to unflavored juice for awhile and wait for the tongue to adjust (and heal).

A glass of orange juice is usually good for the palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread