Flavour Art compared to Totally Wicked concentrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
As the title suggests, I'm looking for possible comparisons of FA and TW flavour concentrates.

So far I've only mixed Totally Wicked (gold standard) concentrates and find that I need to use a minimum of 15% in my mixes, up to 20% on some. I like a really high flavour and anything less just doesn't cut it for me.

I've just ordered some Flavour Art concentrates, because I've heard good reviews about them - they tend to be a lot more concentrated, from the opinions I've read.

So I was wondering if anyone, that has tried both types can give me their impressions, is one type more concentrated than the other. Will I be able to mix FA at say 5-10% to get the same great flavour.

All opinions welcomed :)

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I will suggest you find some recipes first. One of our members, STR8V8PING, has posted some excellent recipes. He put the time in and nails them to a tee. Type in his name in the search box for DIY and see what you find. There's also flavoring threads for specific DIY vendors. People post what percent they find works for a certain flavor. I haven't seen a thread for Totally Wicked flavors but there may be one. Good luck

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I've never tried TW..as I'm a noob..but I have tried several flavors of FA...and for me personally, I have to go at least 15% on most all FA flavorings. I must add though..I don't like just a hint of flavor..I like to actually taste it and have it give an after taste, if you will. Most of them, I go 20%.

Fixing to place an order at Vaping Zone for their Super Con. Most everyone agrees that 2-3% on those. Got to do something to save some $$..because mixing at 15-20%, I'm going through too much Flavorings in that small size that I order.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I will suggest you find some recipes first. One of our members, STR8V8PING, has posted some excellent recipes. He put the time in and nails them to a tee. Type in his name in the search box for DIY and see what you find. There's also flavoring threads for specific DIY vendors. People post what percent they find works for a certain flavor. I haven't seen a thread for Totally Wicked flavors but there may be one. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at some of STR8V8PING recipes a short while ago, he does put the time in like you say. I've spent ages trawling the forum since I posted this thread and picked up some good info so far. :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I've never tried TW..as I'm a noob..but I have tried several flavors of FA...and for me personally, I have to go at least 15% on most all FA flavorings. I must add though..I don't like just a hint of flavor..I like to actually taste it and have it give an after taste, if you will. Most of them, I go 20%.

Fixing to place an order at Vaping Zone for their Super Con. Most everyone agrees that 2-3% on those. Got to do something to save some $$..because mixing at 15-20%, I'm going through too much Flavorings in that small size that I order.

For me it's the other way round. Tried plenty of DIY with TW flavours, but none with FA :laugh:
Anyway, just waiting for my FA concentrates to arrive, so I can start a bit of trial and error mixing. The problem for me is, I see a new flavour and think....mmmm... sounds good, I got to try it. Too much choice, not enough money :lol:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well, something to keep in mind is that if you find out that you flat out don't like a flavoring (e-liquid or whatever) you can try to trade with people on here in the Classifieds. That's what I did. I had several flavorings that I either didn't like or knew I wouldn't use. It's better than throwing them away or letting them sit around until they expire.
I have never tried Flavor Art. Just put in an order to VapingZone for a few of the Super concentrates and a couple flavors from their regular line. I can't wait. I've heard nothing but good things.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Well, something to keep in mind is that if you find out that you flat out don't like a flavoring (e-liquid or whatever) you can try to trade with people on here in the Classifieds. That's what I did. I had several flavorings that I either didn't like or knew I wouldn't use.

That's a good idea Rin13, thanks for that.
I guess I've been lucky so far, all the mixes I've tried have been vapable. Especially when steeped.
Off to check out the classifieds now, I may be away for some time :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread