Flavour Banger Single Coil BF RDAs/RDTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Received the $5.88 Krma Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping a few days ago.

View attachment 856545

It has very smooth airflow, and a massive juice well. The draw is airy but restricted - midway between the NarCa rda and the Venna rda. Flavour is incredible - use the coil rod guides to install it, then raise the coil up 2 or 3mm (thank you KRMA Gurus)
Squonks beautifully, and even I have trouble oversquonking it ;)

View attachment 856547
2.5mm id, kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm - I'm putting in a 3mm id coil next time, as a 3mm coil would work better with the amount of room in the deck, and to cover more of the airflow channel.

The airflow comes in high, slopes down, then sticks out into the deck. Somehow, all these twists make it SMOOTH and give you amazing flavour - love this RDA :wub:
I love mine too Ange. Another big plus, it's really easy to build on.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Received the $5.88 Krma Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping a few days ago.

View attachment 856545

It has very smooth airflow, and a massive juice well. The draw is airy but restricted - midway between the NarCa RDA and the Venna RDA. Flavour is incredible - use the coil rod guides to install it, then raise the coil up 2 or 3mm (thank you KRMA Gurus)
Squonks beautifully, and even I have trouble oversquonking it ;)

View attachment 856547
2.5mm id, kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm - I'm putting in a 3mm id coil next time, as a 3mm coil would work better with the amount of room in the deck, and to cover more of the airflow channel.

The airflow comes in high, slopes down, then sticks out into the deck. Somehow, all these twists make it SMOOTH and give you amazing flavour - love this RDA :wub:
Right that's another one you've made me buy. You are a seriously bad influence Ange

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The KRMA is a great little RDA.
dFBWOmOl.jpg

WsJh4uo.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
It's been too quiet here lately ...so... let's keep this going. :D

I received my Hussar v2 RDA (22mm) about a week ago. It's a restricted DL RDA. The dual sided airflow is very much in the Venna ballpark. The cap is slammed like the v1 RDA or the Project X RTA. And like the v1 and Project X it has big time flavor. The v2 is a keeper!
IMG_1528cr.jpg

In the photo I am using one of my DT's. The one it comes with is 4mm in height with a 6.5mm bore.

The deck has a small grub screw installed that fits in one of two notches inside the top cap. It serves as a stopper when rotating the top cap. It goes from closed to wide open. The finned top piece can be screwed off and swapped with one from the Project X (or any of the after market ones).

There really isn't much room for a large diameter coil (same with the BioChip and Seven RDA's). I tried a 3mm ID clapton coil and wasn't satisfied. With a 2.5ID coil it's perfect, for me. I'm using an AVS 26/30 316L clapton at 0.4 ohms. With the Hussar v2, and like the v1, coils need to be wound anti-clockwise.

BF juice delivery is different from most RDA's in that it flows up and is routed directly to your wick tails. It's like the Creek that way. Like so...
9719967-1.jpg

I have the Ulton vsn: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3041/10036695/9719967

There is also an SXK vsn for $15.28 w/MAP: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3041/10036695/9716618

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I received my SQuape Seven (22mm single coil) about a week ago with the Hussar v2.
IMG_1533cr.jpg

The dual AF goes from a pretty airy 2 x 4mm RDL/DL down to a separate 2 x 1mm airflow setting for a proper tight MTL. Like so in this pic from the SQuape site...

base.jpg

Wide open it is airy. AF is much like the Flave 22mm RDA or 24mm RDTA. Once you rotate the top cap over to the MTL setting the DL AF is completely closed off. The AF is angled downwards. Heat is dissipated by an additional PMMA black, or the included clear, top cap that you just press fit on top on the SS top cap. The deck has a black pin installed so the top cap will only move within the AF range. The top cap has two notches inside for the pin.

It has a two piece 510 pin with a tiny blind pin pre-installed in it. I cannot tell if the clone deck is made of ematalised aluminium like the OG. 2Fdeal, in their description, says the deck uses non-conductive components to avoid short circuits. So it is likely YFTK used something similar. YFTK did a real good job with the Seven.

The Seven is very much like the Hussar v2 and BioChip RDA's with a smaller area between the posts for the coil. A 3mm ID clapton is as far as I would go. I have an AVS 26/30 316L 2.5mm ID clapton at 0.4 ohms installed. My coil is slightly raised above the deck notches so the AF is hitting the bottom third of my coil (sweet spot). SQuape recommends resistances in the 0.3 to 1.8 ohm range. Some YT-ers, and other reviewers, have built lower.

I've used it wide open, to a more restricted DL and on the MTL setting. Doesn't matter where I set the AF the Seven offers a great vape. The MTL setting is awesome if you like a tight MTL draw. It works fine on a squonker, no issues. Like the Hussar RDA's it is a very condensed flavorful vape.

SQuape designed it to be a BF RDA but you can drip with it. You'll just be adding juice every couple pulls, depending.

I got mine from 2Fdeal. YFTK SQ Seven 22mm Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer w/BF Pin - Silver

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Adding BB vapes' b2k v5 RSA to my favourites list. It's my airiest RDA, but with the airflow 1/3 shut, it is just pure bliss - incredible flavour, smooth airflow and a huge build deck.

b2k6.jpg

3mm id, ka1 1.0mm x 0.14mm flat wire, 5 wraps @ 0.6ohms

The deck well is shallow, so I gave it beefy shoulders ;)
    My current build is a 3.5mm id, 1.0 x 0.14mm, 4 wraps @ 0.55ohms. It is flavour town :wub:

If you get a chance to get this RDA - go for it :thumb:

b2k.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread