Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If the Flavor is as good (or Better?) than the NarDa, then I'm sure it is a Flavor Machine.

I've got some Narca RDAs coming - the NarEa also intrigues me though

It is as good, but without the Narda whistle. (which never really bothers me)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Fredman1 have you settled on a favourite build for the Origen Little yet? I saw a photo you posted of a dual coil roundwire - think you said 26g 2mm?
    2.5mm single. Very good flavor. Its a bit of a hassle placing the coil wires into the posts. The wires lies awkwardly and don't leave much space for the wicks. Its all worth it though. I haven't yet found a rda that gives a defined and thumping throat hit as this little gem.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Oops.. forgot the pic.
    20191025_144813.jpg

Sorry @AngeNZ for highjacking your thread. I think i'm almost finish :D

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Yeah a single coil is good enough flavor and throat hit for me. I had a noticeable sore throat from all the dualing yesterday. Hopefully tonight i'll only have a semi sore from the single coiling...:p
    One more question-in the photos the drip tip always looks huge. Is that just a factor of the atty diameter?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Just want to add. The coil sits rather low when mounted straight...to low for my liking actually. The airflow flows mostly over the top half of the coil, and that heats up the coil and influences flavor. Its much better for me when I lift it so the flow hits the bottom half. See how I had to bend it upwards.
    20191026_163837.jpg

There's not much room to mount it higher though. I actually wanted it a bit higher, but it shorted on the top cap :w00t:
    I only have about a half a mm gap up there now...but its happy and firing :thumb:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    As far as building my O Little clones: I put a single 2mm coil between the posts. That way there is plenty of room for the wick tails.

I'd post a pic but dont have one set up at the moment - going through a pod phase right now.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    One more question-in the photos the drip tip always looks huge. Is that just a factor of the atty diameter?

It is partly due to the small diameter of the RDA but the stock drip tip is wider than most standard 510 tips. I have never used the stock white tip as I like the look of a narrower tip on the Origen.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Interesting way of placing the coil. Gonna try that.
    You didn't show how you place the air holes though. I like the air flowing directly over the coil, to cool and collect the flavor optimally. My logic however suggests you place the air holes just about offset off the posts, to hit the coil from the sides....?
    You're right when you say any coil works in the Origen though. Everything I tried so far is good.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Interesting way of placing the coil. Gonna try that.
    You didn't show how you place the air holes though. I like the air flowing directly over the coil, to cool and collect the flavor optimally. My logic however suggests you place the air holes just about offset off the posts, to hit the coil from the sides....?
    You're right when you say any coil works in the Origen though. Everything I tried so far is good.
    I think so. Haven't used that atty in ages, but I think I was offsetting the airholes and making sure the wicks were tucked in such a way to allow proper airflow over the coil.

So where's the strawberry rhubarb recipe hidden at?
    I never found a recipe that worked for me, I tried for a couple of months but it was a hard flavoring to work with. Delicious, but it needed to be tamed as it was quite tart. Doable, but I got impatient and ultimately it wasn't my favorite profile, so I gave up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread