Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I like the looks and size of this rda. Its marketed as a MTL but can do DL I see. Can you elaborate a bit on why its your favorite atm?
How restricted is the draw?
I DL it quite comfortably, though it is a somewhat restricted DL. I think it's my favorite because I love how it looks and the draw is just perfect for me. The chamber's nice and small so probably has good flavor but I can't comment on that as I've only vaped unflavored in it. It's an easy build. I suggest doing an angled coil down the center with the wicks tucked to the side allowing for diagonal airflow.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Here's some pics of my riviera RDTA after I Macgyvered the fill port:

plug1.jpg

plug3.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    any specific wire gauge to pair with a mech and single coil and single 18650 setup?

I use 28x3/40 fused clapton, NI80. Usually around .25 ohms. Sometimes I will wrap a parallel style of that coil coming in at around .18 ohms.

The coil you wrap for a mech is going to be a personal choice. The coil I use may not be to your liking, so my suggestion is to play with different builds and see what you like. If you have a certain wattage range in mind, then that could help us narrow down the gauges you may like best. Also knowing if you want to wrap basic round or fancier multi strand builds would also help.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I use 28x3/40 fused clapton, NI80. Usually around .25 ohms. Sometimes I will wrap a parallel style of that coil coming in at around .18 ohms.

The coil you wrap for a mech is going to be a personal choice. The coil I use may not be to your liking, so my suggestion is to play with different builds and see what you like. If you have a certain wattage range in mind, then that could help us narrow down the gauges you may like best. Also knowing if you want to wrap basic round or fancier multi strand builds would also help.

thanks for the reply, i was asking regarding the ribbon flat wire discussed some posts ago, for regular claptons or singular wire i use and love coilology, also plain SS316l is another source of flavor for me.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    thanks for the reply, i was asking regarding the ribbon flat wire discussed some posts ago, for regular claptons or singular wire i use and love coilology, also plain SS316l is another source of flavor for me.
    I am considering grabbing a few spools of flat wire just for something a little different. I plan to go with 25 awg. I might grab another size too, but for my use 25 looks the best.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I am considering grabbing a few spools of flat wire just for something a little different. I plan to go with 25 awg. I might grab another size too, but for my use 25 looks the best.
    i still have 4 spols, 2 tricore, 1 cuadcore, 1 chain link, love this wires but have been watching several asskickers buidls with ribbon / flat wire

Regards,

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    On my amazon list for $4.50 with free 2 day shipping. Certainly one of the most cost effective. no idea what I'll use the other 29 earring backs for, but I guess it means I have lots of backups.

Now you need to get another 29 Riviera's for the leftover earring backs:confused:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Earring backings, cool fix Ange. I would never have thought of that.

It wasn't my idea - I was going to use a fill port plug from a pod. This thread on FT is the originator of the idea :D

And BTW, even when you have your fill port plugged, you can still make the Riviera RDTA leak - by oversquonking :facepalm:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm down to only one bf rda left to turn up on the slow boat - the sxk NarEa rda.

I got 2 Coppervape NarCa RDAs today - which makes me more impatient for the NarEa to turn up ;)

Here's the Coppervape NarCa RDA:

narcaluna.jpg

And the deck:

narcadeck.jpg

The airflow is broad, but still slightly restricted and on an angle to the coil if you use the coil rod guides as your guidelines. The coil is a 2.5mm id, Kanthal 0.27mm*0.68mm flat wire @ 0.45ohms

I should've possible raised the coil up a tad, so the air hits the bottom of the coil more, but I just went by the rod guidelines this time.

Wide open it is airy, smooth, but still restricted. With the airflow closed half way, it increases the flavour even more. To get to the Venna level of restrictness, the airflow needs to be 3/4 closed.

Building and wicking is easy - yes it's flathead screws, but I had no problem trapping thick ribbon wire under them.

The flavour is incredible - this RDA bring as out different nuances to your mixes.

I absolutely love this RDA - it's gone to the top of my favourites pile. Now I just need to see if the later version of it, the NarEA RDA, will topple it ;)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    i still have 4 spols, 2 tricore, 1 cuadcore, 1 chain link, love this wires but have been watching several asskickers buidls with ribbon / flat wire

Regards,
    I wrap my own exotic wires, mostly use tri-core and quad-core fused claptons. I just thought it would be nice to have some flat wire to use for quick builds and possibly to use to stage a fused clapton with. I have ribbon wire ( .8x.1 I think) but it is too thin to use for a simple coil build. While wicking it, it distorts way too easily.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I wrap my own exotic wires, mostly use tri-core and quad-core fused claptons. I just thought it would be nice to have some flat wire to use for quick builds and possibly to use to stage a fused clapton with. I have ribbon wire ( .8x.1 I think) but it is too thin to use for a simple coil build. While wicking it, it distorts way too easily.
    i dont have patience / skills for making my own, thats why i love coilology wire.

Regards,

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think the NarEA is better than the NarDA with flavor (as good as, for certain). Zero whistle. They've redesigned the deck since the NarDA. Coil install is easier. If you recall you had to do some coil leg manipulation to get the coil installed parallel to the AF holes. I enjoyed the challenge. Many installed it diagonally as that was easier. Installing it parallel brought great flavor.

The NarEA is pretty much idiot proof especially with squonking (and dripping). ;)

Yes ^^^^^^. The whistle irritated me at first. I messed around with coil position and was able to "kind of" eliminate the whistle and still get a good flavorful vape. The NarDA is still a great lil flavor banger (whistle wart and all). :D
    I keep hearing (pun intended) people complain about whistling airflow. Looks like I finally found an upside to my hearing damage, lol!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I keep hearing (pun intended) people complain about whistling airflow. Looks like I finally found an upside to my hearing damage, lol!

I've yet to make an atty whistle :blink: I though the hussar v1 RDA was meant to be a whistler, but nope. The NarCa doesn't whistle either damnit ;)

Reactions: Blitzdonlife
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread