Flavour extraction by soaking in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threshold

Jul 26, 2008
Hokay... i dont know how good is clove oil for the atomiser though. so this experiment is still in R&D phase. 8-o:D

I met this person at work who was smoking Indonesian ciggys called "Gudang Garam International" . its clove flavoured,. very spicy..! so I bummed a few ciggys from the man and started this experiment. :p

I cut the ciggy in half and put the tobacco and vanilla essence (in PG) in a small bottle for 2 days... i shook the bottle often so as to infuse the flavor into the essence. I didn't bother about exact quantities, but i made sure all the tobacco was well immersed in the flavor. I added this essence to Glycerin (IP grade) and charged the cap. It gives me that huge flavor of clove and vanilla and maybe tobacco as well.. overall a stong but satisfying flavor.

I tried one more experiment. Just soaking the tobacco into PG. I am not seeing any change in color of PG the first day though. :( hmm.... just wanted to know from people here... how about adding some water to this mixture??.. would that help the tobacco flavor move into the medium more quickly?. any help would appreciated.

Cheers.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Question is (for me) if you need to see it change colour... the ideal solution would be to just get the nicotine and tobacco-flavour, but not any particles... and I think it could be the particles that give the colouring.
So I would advise to just continue with the experiment... maybe the result is exactly what you want?

Threshold

Jul 26, 2008
Hello Katink,

Immersing the tobacco just in PG got only the clove flavor transfered into it. i did not taste the tobacco at all. :(

I looked into the ingredients of the vanilla flavor i used in the previous experiment, and it has water, PG and flavor. So its the water that is important for the tobacco flavor to get into the pg solution. Just PG wont work. I am going to add some water into the pg and re soak the tobacco in it and see where it goes, in a couple of days.

so, overall, i am very very pleased with the flavor i got with the first experiment. its really is strong and gives u the satisfaction of smoking a strong ciggy. of course i will try with other flavors as well.

I request someone else from this forum to give it a try. May be we can compare some notes.!.

The clove seems to be very important ingredient in all of this, because it kinda numbs your mouth and gives you that buzz, like nicotine.

HTH
cheers

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Threshold ...

I was bored last night and picked up a Honey Philly Cigar. Had a quart of unused PG from Bickfords, and an empty 30 ml bottle. I emptied about half the cigar into the botthle, then filled with PG and some VG. Shook it a couple times today, gonna try tomorrow. (48 hour soaking) Will let you know the outcome tomorrow!

Threshold

Jul 26, 2008
Hello devilfish..

Here is how i did it.

1) In a small bottle i put Propylene Glycol 90% and 10 % water. I shook this well so that the water was mixed with PG. (The solution looked cloudy after this)

2) I got "Gudang Garam International" cigarette and pulled out all the tobacco from one cigarette and put it in the bottle for about 2 days... I shook the bottle every now and then.

3) I take this liquid and mix it with glycerin/PG and put it in the cartridge.

You can use some flavour with it as well. It works pretty good with Vanilla and coffee flavor.

I tried this with normal tobacco and it tasted horrible (like raw tobacco). Its just this perticular brand "Gudang Garam International" cigarette tobacco that works.. If you are in asia, i am sure you should find the brand at local stores. One pack would last a year :)

HTH . cheers.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Hello devilfish..

Here is how i did it.

1) In a small bottle i put Propylene Glycol 90% and 10 % water. I shook this well so that the water was mixed with PG. (The solution looked cloudy after this)

2) I got "Gudang Garam International" cigarette and pulled out all the tobacco from one cigarette and put it in the bottle for about 2 days... I shook the bottle every now and then.

3) I take this liquid and mix it with glycerin/PG and put it in the cartridge.

You can use some flavour with it as well. It works pretty good with Vanilla and coffee flavor.

I tried this with normal tobacco and it tasted horrible (like raw tobacco). Its just this perticular brand "Gudang Garam International" cigarette tobacco that works.. If you are in asia, i am sure you should find the brand at local stores. One pack would last a year :)

HTH . cheers.

:confused:Gudang Garam International??I never heard one is already made cig or roll out tobaco?

yup my country got sell gudang garam is indonsian cig which got sweet taste smell.

okie u mention put out the tobaco and soak ..hmm isn;t back to Square one u also puffing monoxide and tar?

about Propylene Glycol where u get it?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
MY RESULTS ...

Supplies:
Philly Honey Cigar
PG from Bickfords
VG from VitaminShoppe
30ml Bottle

Making the Mix:
1. Cut the cigar in half. Dump into the 30ml Bottle. Cigar tobacco should take up about half the bottle give or take.
2. I syringed in about 15ml of PG. Moistens everything up, can clearly see liquid in the bottle.
3. I syringed in about 5ml of VG.
4. Let sit for 48 hours.
5. Filter with Coffee Filter.

Thats it. When all is said and done, about 2/3 of the bottle is full before filtering. After, about half.

Results:
OMG ... IT TAKES JUST LIKE THE DAMN CIGAR. I'm smoking it out of my black DSE901 and the vapor just GOES and GOES and GOES. No Joke, its tastes like a damn CIGAR !!! I AM COMPLETELY AMAZED. I'm not sure of the nicotine content or anything like that. But, I see no visible particles, liquid is nice/clean with no clumps or impurities. Liquid is just slightly thicker then water, but not by much.

Give it a try ... THIS IS INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: My head is banging ... Too much PG ... LOL ... For everyone who is NOT allergic to PG, give this a try.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
If anyone in the USA wants to try my sample, let me know. I can't smoke it anymore. First and foremost, pretty sure nicotine carried into the juice from the tobacco. Secondly, I'm allergic to High concentrations of PG.

Just shoot me your address, and I will send you what I have for free. Don't want to see this good stuff go to waste.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Cash

Would you say this method would work with any tobacco? I'm not a big cigar fan, but I might give it a whirl with some hand-rolling tobacco. Could try and use my u-sonic cleaner to separate the nicotine more cleanly, as was suggested on an earlier thread.

Emp

It will work with any tobacco. I just tried to pick a flavored tobacco to see if I could decipher the slight taste, and damn the tobacco and honey is VERY strong.

Give it a try emp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread